Two main reasons justify this need. Sherrod struggled to get on the field in his rookie season. *** The Packers traded their 174th pick and 231st pick to the Miami Dolphins for a 6th (179) and 7th (218). 5) TT won’t pass on guys who fall down the board, regardless of position. While it is easy to say Green Bay should have drafted so-and-so, missing out on tight ends Thomas and Green, when the team was clearly looking at tight ends as evidenced by the fact they drafted two of them, stings. We think there's a lot of things he can add to our defense." 64). "I was prepared to leave. Our 5 Game Review, LaFleur Put on a Play Call Clinic Versus the Falcons, 7 Teams That Could Win The Super Bowl 2021, Aaron Rogers Uses TE and RB Perfection to Fuel Packer Victory. Schlauderaff, by the way, would spend three years with the Jets. His days in a Packers uniform are over, and there’s a good chance he doesn’t play in the NFL again. Drafting Ponder at 32 would make me grab my hair yes,but it would fall into my feeling of what he does now. For many of them have the potential to play good football for the Packers. Inside access. Offensive line perhaps? He's a very, very productive football player." "I'll do anything they want." Check out my preview of who's going to win each event! There are a ton of options out there at the linebacker position, but the guy who’s been getting a lot of hype lately, and whom I really like, is UCLA junior Akeem Ayers. The Indianapolis Colts signed Guy in October 2012. Help | Press | Advertise With Us | Jobs | FOX Cincy | RSS | Site Map Total Packers is not affiliated with the Green Bay Packers or Packers.com, © 2020 TotalPackers.com - Nitro Web Productions - A Member of the USA Today Sports Media Group, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Panda makes a good point.....A QB who can't throw for 350 yards,…, What he lacks in draft success, he makes up for in free agency. At 6-0, Smith has the size Thompson covets and in college he showed dynamic ability as a kick returner — something the Packers will need if they want to defend their title. Guy has carved out a decent career, but unfortunately it hasn’t been with the Packers. I’m not going to complain who he drafts, I’ve learned over the years he does what he does for a reason. He played one game with Houston in 2013 and one with Carolina in ’14. He didn’t make the team the following year but was signed to the practice squad. there have been rumors about sam ocho or something like that. 233). and Johnny Jolly permanently super stupid, I’d like to see the Packers shore up the defensive front. The Packers hit with Bryan Bulaga in the draft last year, but I think everyone would feel a little better if the Packers had both ends of the line taken care of for the next 10 years. D.J. FS1 | FOX | FOX News | Fox Corporation | FOX Supports | FOX Deportes. Agent is Jack Scharf. Ouch. In 2012, for example, he got over 80 percent of the snaps in that phase of the game. "I like to hit you hard and I like to make a statement. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Agent is Lamont Smith. ( Log Out /  Brewers look good again this year but their bullpen is going to die again if their starters play like this. First, Cullen Jenkins was not given the franchise tag, which would have awarded him around $12 million, and is likely to find a much larger payday elsewhere than the Packers are willing to give him. Green Bay Packers news from FanSided Daily. The 2011 NFL Draft was the 76th installment of the annual NFL Draft, where the franchises of the National Football League select newly eligible football players. Season: Round . Steffen: I question your describing TT’s drafting strategy as “wacky roster-building technique”. Bubba, I was making fun of the perception of Ted Thompson’s draft technique and overall futility of predicting what he’ll do. By the way, 23 picks after House was selected, Seattle chose Richard Sherman. Compensatory pick awarded to Titans for loss of free agents Alge Crumpler, Kyle Vanden Bosch : Jamie Harper: 131: 4-34: Packers. A tight end by trade, he also dabbled at linebacker. Smith, LB, Appalachian State (6th round, No. Mock Draft. Well hes got 3 years an…. Played wide receiver in high school at Mount Tabor, N.C. Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State (1st round, No. Receivers coach Edgar Bennett said he could run some out of the backfield. "I honestly think (special teams) is a third of the game," said Taylor. He foreshadowed what was to come with 30 tackles, including 4.0 sacks and 9.5 tackles for loss, along with three interceptions over the final four games of the season. "But I think I've become a pretty good player. The 2012 season was a break out year for Cobb, as quarterback Aaron Rodgers targeted him 104 times and connected 80 of those times for 954 yards and 8 touchdowns. !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)? Ricky Elmore, DL, Arizona (6th round, No. Tampa…, "Rodgers doesn't take enough chances because he's too afraid of t…, Illinois Governor Hasn’t Paid NFC Championship Bet, Game Day – Week 6: Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, RB Aaron Jones Has a Twin Brother and He Will Work Out with Team, Packers Remain Unbeaten Entering Week Six, What Did The Packers Miss By Not Drafting a WR? Left guard Daryn Colledge is replaceable and tackle Chad Clifton’s magical knees have to give out someday, right? With the other pick in the seventh round the Packers selected defensive end Lawrence Guy from Arizona State. He didn’t overly impress with his speed on pro day, but Ayers is a big, strong, smart player who’s a little raw talent-wise and just waiting to be molded into Dom Capers’ 3-4 defense. Other than Cobb, for the six players remaining from this draft, the 2013 off season and training camp is going to be an important time for these guys. I’m now getting the feeling Pouncey won’t be around at No. The Packers’ best lineman from a year ago had a career-high seven sacks, despite playing much of the season with a wrapped broken hand. 174) and a 7th (231). In the second round the Packers selected a player that has quickly become a go to guy on offense. While the team doesn’t have many glaring holes, there are several areas they need to shore up and improve. Caleb Schlauderaff, OG, Utah (6th round, No. "I had done all I wanted to do at ASU," he said. "He's shorter, he's not smaller," Thompson said. He also was useful in the return game his first couple of seasons and has had success running the ball, especially in 2012 and ’13. U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Texas' abortion restrictions, Report sheds new light on problem of poverty in Wisconsin, Teen released on signature in carjacking faces nine felonies, ‘Horrible’ curriculum dooms program putting cops in classes, Lincoln Hills officials failed to oversee rape investigations, 'Professional plaintiff' uses credit law to threaten companies, win $230,000 in settlements, State Sen. Harris Dodd stands by aide with criminal past, Federal gun prosecutions fall, even as Milwaukee crime rises, To Walker, Clinton and Clarke: Transparency matters to public, Bicycles; Clean Power Plan; oil pipelines, Kirk Tripplett uses back-nine surge to win inaugural event, Will Power keeps pack in rearview at Road America, Chile overcomes Argentina, Messi for second straight Copa America title, Marquette golfer Harrison Ott named Journal Sentinel's Area Player of the Year, After-hours enrichment sparks Sobic’s executive journey to the NFL, Indianapolis developer proposes 274 apartments at former Pabst complex, Peptimed raises $200,000 to aid development of cancer-fighting drugs, Ballpark Commons could get $26 million in city funds, study suggests, Small Wisconsin dairy hopes to milk new trend: A1-free, WEDC identifies priorities for economic growth, Which emerging country acts you should catch at Summerfest, Lynn Sprangers to become Wilson Center president and CEO, Director Rafaeli finds the haunting music of love in APT’s ‘Eurydice’, Milwaukee Public TV drops 'InterChange,' 'I Remember', Dress your summer salads with simple, homemade dressings, 20-minute summer recipes that fit anyone's schedule, Fourth of July fireworks, parades in the Milwaukee area 2016, Visit to Bosnia sparks nurse's mission of a lifetime. With Cullen Jenkins likely gone via free agency (pay the man, dammit!) 3 failed drafts under gutenkust leads pack off course is the best…, It's one game. For the others this offseason will probably determine if they return to the Packers regular season roster. In 35 games, he piled up 4,674 all-purpose yards. It was hoped that the 2012 offseason would give Sherrod the edge at the left tackle position needed to challenge for the starting spot against Marshall Newhouse. Wonderlic of 17. Ran the 40 in 4.99. Raji do on a blitz and suddenly you have a lot of one-on-one matches that favor the Packers. You could also make the argument for Arizona linebacker Brooks Reed or UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers and frankly, most of the pundits have slated one of these two to the Packers. "That excited us a little bit. Wins over St. John's, Seton Hall +L'Ville should do it! Wonderlic score was 25. The Journal Sentinel's beat writers provide the latest news, notes and analysis on the Packers. After selecting offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga in the first round, Ted Thompson went away from “expert rankings” by selecting Purdue defensive end Mike Neal in the second round. They must account for those two forces. Unbelieveable. When he drafted Finley TT arguably took the best TE that year; same w/ Sitton arguably the best OG of that draft class; same at OLB w/ CM3. Green Bay got good value for a seventh-rounder, though. Earned a degree in communications with a 2.97-grade point average. Appeared at the combine and ran the 40 in 4.74. If Sherrod can return healthy, at the very least he can add needed depth to the offensive line. Ugh. I like to confuse offensive linemen. For instance, Matt Flynn most likely is gone after this year. Set school records for two straight seasons with averaging 9.84 and 12.10 yards per touch in 2009 and 2010, respectively. 32 in the 2011 NFL Draft. Williams in the fifth round. Also, saying “They say you’re not supposed to draft for need, but that’s the best way to go about this”, tells me you apparently are oblivious to a successful strategy known as taking the Best Player Available aka BPA. Schlauderaff couldn’t crack Green Bay’s roster, however the Packers were able to at least get a conditional draft pick from the Jets for him. By no means was I any good at linebacker. With a pick obtained from San Francisco via Denver the Packers selected D.J. Third-year junior started four games as a left-handed QB in 2008, his original position before moving to receiver. The other two picks in the sixth round, offensive lineman Caleb Schlauderaff and defensive end Ricky Elmore never made the Packers final roster. ( Log Out /  Sherrod at that point in the season was just starting to get a feel for the NFL. "With my range and ability I feel I can plug gaps and I can cover receivers," Smith said. The 2011 NFL Draft was the 76th installment of the annual NFL Draft, where the franchises of the National Football League select newly eligible football players. So, let’s all just take a moment to appreciate that. L…, So, to keep beating a dead horse, watching the KC Buffalo game, I…, Im not either. When first starting a quest for change whether QB,OL,DL,LB of coarse you feel more dependent on the “beast” of a position which TT has gone for,got and has.IMO,though TT has reached somewhat the point of being forced into certain picks, has waned a little and developement depth is now more need than the “beast” per se,and a much oft mis-used description of players. This does of course factor into their lack performance.

Fireflies Chords, Swann In Love 123movies, St Xavier 2020, Normal Ball Python For Sale, Vail Pass Cycling, Nick Collins' Drummer, Sas: Who Dares Wins Season 2 Contestants, 42 Grams Netflix, Hand Of God In Latin, Leo And Libra Compatibility Chart, La Kiss Helmet,