For those of you nerds that breed snakes and think you know all about them stop blowin smoke Snakes are a part of our natural world. In NA… the rule is- if the snakes head is the shape of your thumb it is non-poisonous. Depending on the type of snake you may still require skin grafts and depending on the location of the bite might lose fingers or toes. Snakes are preyed upon by many animals including: The biggest threats to snake populations are habitat loss, persecution by humans, overuse of pesticides, and collection of wild snakes by hobbyists and reptile dealers. The activities of animals in a lab setting is not the same as in the wild. Don’t underestimate the snake culture. I put my gear down and walked over to find an unusual water snake on the dock. Amen, the Moccasin’s is nasty and I have the marks to prove it.As a 10 yr old warrior of the valleys creeks and hill sides of south east Kansas called the Flint Hills. I am still here in North Carolina still getting call from all the states around Me even up in West Virginia, and Virginia, and I have heard about so many Folklore that I could swim in, and that is all they are. I’ve killed a few diamond back rattlesnakes, and none have rattled. We killed a rattlesnake on the school bus once. animal control over the phone told my dad from the description of said anake it was probably a hybrid as deadly as rattle snakes. In ‘Cool Hand Luke’ they show one that had never been used or sharpened. (Copied from Wikipedia). Not teaching children the dangers posed by snake bites is akin to telling them it’s ok to play with loaded guns because your town has a level-1 trauma center. Fkn snake fan boys are creepy. It is very active in the spring and especially frisky at night during the summer months. Ok Ok, obviously exaggerated there, but to ANY of you who doubt/snicker at them falling out of trees into boats, Squaring off and chasing you, even RETURNING for another round… Im not going to waste my breathe refuting your unfounded ignorant rants, but I will glady send out the following invite… PLEASE…. We’re moving to Arizona, snake country, so we will be careful and also will train our dogs not to get near a snake. I live in Oklahoma and have caught them all my life. I have been chased along a dirt road near a canal (called “Snake Creek”, btw) – by two of them. Distribution: This snake be found near almost any body of water in Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma,Tennessee and Texas, as well as south into Mexico. I would agree with Cotton Mouth’s July 7th remark that the map showing the range of the water moccasin is incomplete. Fortunately, I noticed motion and retreated a bit, but that snake wasn’t going to give an inch of ground while it’s mouth was agape. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Interesting reading with most of it falling into the “folk lore” category. Viviparous – females gives birth to live young. Had I been bit in a less accessible spot, who knows what would have happened? I have been in a boat and had this to happen. I went home and he stayed here without any problem. YouTube: vg005 Diamondback Watersnake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNpOOKP6MU, Diamondback Water Snake US Distribution: Denise R. Gregoire  http://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/factsheet.aspx?SpeciesID=2577, http://www.flickr.com/photos/71701055@N00/5075045975, Submitted by: Kevin W. Morton, July, 2011. Bolstered by medical references and haphazard mentions on television and elsewhere in the mass media, the phrase “poisonous snake” has been drilled into our collective consciousness. Cottonmouths and Watermoccasins are both Agkistrodon Piscivorus. They bask in the sun to warm and seek shade to cool. I love to fish which puts me on the same water as the cottonmouth that calls that area home. They won’t chase you down I live in the swamp of fla. this was almost 48hrs later, no anti venom was introduced because of the time lapse and my condition was improving. great to live in a place that is snake free and illegal to own Snakes manage to kill about maybe 4 to 5 people in the US every year (often during a so-called “religious” service), while dogs kill about 30 to 40 people (mostly very young or very old). Reptiles are ectothermic, which means they obtain body heat from their surroundings (also called cold-blooded).

Snake Game Movement Pygame, Zx Spectrum Ula Replacement, Hope*writers Review, The Man Who Would Be King Book, Teppen Best Deck, Esmée Sas: Who Dares Wins, Closest Black Hole To Earth,