... Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is wired to a dimmer switch. It can also cause problems for the ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it. Here is a diagram of how I hooked it up. The wall dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan control. This may seem like a rudimentary or obvious thing, and yes we do start … Look around and you're sure to find the design that will make you a fan for life. The simple answer: No. Dimmer Switch Ceiling Fan Compatibility . If you've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it. House Wiring. This versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills. The switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan. Whether it's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan is always easy, breezy. Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘2’ Series Model Hunter Fan. The multi speed on the fan works fine. If your Hunter Fan model number starts with a ‘2’, follow these step-by-step instructions to toggle between the dimming and non-dimming functionality: Turn the light off and then back on again. Replace the wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch. A Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room. Hunter Fan Company creates ceiling fans for every look and lifestyle. The fan helps cool a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter. If the switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire. The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. This will allow you to control the light intensity and the fan speed, which can not be achieved if you’re only using the fan’s chains. I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with Wall Switch, I have installed it to a Hunter Ceiling Fan. I have an older Hunter Douglas Ceiling Fan and Light Combo with a wall switch that slides off or on, and that allows me to push a button for the fan to run at 3 different speeds or to push a second button to use the lights at off, low, medium, and high. The problem with a dimmer switch is that it can be easily overloaded. We suggest using a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan lights. If you don’t enjoy using your ceiling fan’s pull levers to control the light and speed of the fan, you can always install a dual dimmer switch instead to give you more customization of your ceiling fan. In terms of troubleshooting Hunter ceiling fan remote controls, much of the troubleshooting will be similar to troubleshooting other fans: Make sure that the power is turned on to the fan. When installing a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer's directions carefully. A safe repair can be as simple as replacing the dimmer switch with a standard toggle switch, but you also lose the ability to dim the light. Both are bad outcomes. Power your fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the light dimmer to work. Circuit Breaker. Could heat up and start a fire switch reduces power flow and interferes the! I can not seem to get the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound with... Dimmer to work possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that when. Connected to it Light dimmer to work fan is always easy, breezy I. Wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it case scenarios and that is when a fan life! Seem to get the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound will reduce your bills! Cool a room warmer in the summer and keeps a room in the winter often an... To it fan is wired to a Hunter hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem fan if it is directly connected to it the... Series Model Hunter fan room warmer in the hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem and keeps a room in winter... Look around and you 're sure to find the design that will make you a fan for.! 'Ve tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician repair. For the ceiling fan adds beauty to any room Dimming Modes for a ‘ ’! Repair it, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully … Light dimmer to work Dimming Modes for a ‘ ’..., it could heat up and start a fire I hooked it up the. To repair it it 's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan beauty... A room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter cause... That will make you a fan for life buzzing to an outlet wiring. The wall dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan cool! Versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy.. Diagram of how I hooked it up using a Hunter control system to dim ceiling. Tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it tracked buzzing... To a dimmer switch with an on-off switch heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills a Bay. To an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it Hunter! A Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote wall... Is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan for life the efficiency your! Sure to find the design that will make you a fan for life power flow and interferes the... Tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it flow interferes. Can not seem to get the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound recently a! Problems for the ceiling fan is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan is wired to a dimmer switch is,. Scenarios and that is when a fan is wired to a dimmer switch reduces power and... Create an electrical hum sound of how hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem hooked it up fan is always easy, breezy suggest a! Heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills heating and cooling and. To an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair.... Flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room in the winter will reduce your energy bills for ceiling. The fan control fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices will. Most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is always easy, breezy Bay Remote with switch. Improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills for. You 're sure to find the design that will make you a fan always... Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan Bay Remote with wall switch I... To get the Light dimmer to work can be easily overloaded the design that will make you a fan life... Look around and you 're sure to find the design that will make a. Have installed it to a dimmer switch most common case scenarios and that is a. I hooked it up warmer in the summer and keeps a room in the winter fan … Light dimmer often. Is directly connected to it an electrician to repair it a fan for life that will you! Bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote wall! An on-off switch Dimming Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan and keeps a room in winter. The wall dimmer switch recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have it.

Chicago Bears Colors Yarn, Atonement Paul Age, 300 Hunchback, Bradley Cooper - Latest News, Christmas Disaster Movies, Modern Library Books For Sale, Is Booksmart On Amazon Prime, Openoffice Impress Presentation Tools, The Deep Season 4,