Your IP was not banned by a person; it was banned by a firewall that uses an automated algorithm. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 February 2016. A religious man, brought up singing gospel, cash's "The Man Comes Around", is full of biblical meaning, the lyrics taking Cash many versions to perfect. A religious man, brought up singing gospel, cash's "The Man Comes Around", is full of biblical meaning, the lyrics taking Cash many versions to perfect. I have trouble choosing out of the two aforementioned albums, but I think American IV: The Man Comes Around has the edge. The Man in Black's vision of the American west is one of a rugged, mournful land, where outlaws carry bibles over their hearts, and where sometimes, the good book even stops a bullet. American IV: The Man Comes Around is a studio album by Johnny Cash.It was released on November 5, 2002, by American Recordings and Universal Records.It is the fourth in Cash's "American" series of albums, and the last album released during his lifetime. Last studio album (2002), before Cash died the following year; "American IV" contains some great music. The fourth of Johnny Cash's American Recording series. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 January 2016. Johnny Cash was an ill man who knew he hadn't long to live when this album was released. He knew it. The fourth album in the American Recordings series that comprised Johnny Cash’s comeback was the last released during his lifetime. You might be using a VPN. Did you install a browser extension (such as Realplayer/Realdownloader) that helps you download YouTube videos or other content? We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. The tone is sombre and reflective - black in places. You might have a buggy browser extension installed. He brings a very dark edge to even the 'sunniest' of songs/tunes, and an appreciation/acceptance of the way real life can be cruel. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Yes. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Step 2 (optional): Enter any other comments/feedback here, Step 3: Enter your email address. He talks about the end of one's life and reflects about man's past life through the covers he sings! This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 April 2013. i listen to this album a few times but I wasl eft feeling that while it was a great idea and product, it is obvious that age had taken something away from Johnny's voice. Johnny Cash ‎– American IV: The Man Comes Around Label: American Recordings ‎– 440 063 336-1, Lost Highway ‎– 440 063 336-1 Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 August 2013. You (or someone with the same IP address as you) might be using a script or program to download pages from this site automatically. Good examples of this are the very powerful The Man Comes Around and Hurt (the tracks I bought the album for). Yes, the man is clearly ailing, but this brings extra meaning and emotion to his voice. Last studio album (2002), before Cash died the following year; "American IV" contains some great music. I wouldn't normally dream of getting an album mainly of covers, but Cash is just that good, I'm so glad I did. I had to buy this album again because I discovered that I'd lent out my original copy and it had never come back. Thank you! This is forbidden by our terms of service. I hadn't heard a lot of Johnny Cash until earlier this year, but that is changing. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Sounds very crisp in the higher freqs to my ear. Please try again. His voice on the covers, is also wonderful. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. 70s Groove: Soundtracks [Vynil] Starsky and Hutch, Mission Impossible, Baretta, 70s... 2CD 50 Songs Country, Johnny Cash, Tex Ritter, Dolly Parton, Country Music. The five album series was the absolute perfect way to end the career of a musical icon. Is every song about The End? Burns you to the soul. It’s no coincidence that The Man Comes Around is the most poignantly elegiac of those releases, with the rumble-toned troubadour transforming such unlikely source material as Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt” from an angst-filled alt-rock stomp into a hushed acoustic requiem for all he holds dear. Your computer may be infected with malware or spyware that is making automated requests to our server and causing problems. Yes, the man is clearly ailing, but this brings extra meaning and emotion to his voice. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. As with A Hundred Highways, Cash new he was terminally ill while recording the last of this series of albums - which adds extra impact. Yes, the man is clearly ailing, but this brings extra meaning and emotion to his voice. Last studio album (2002), before Cash died the following year; "American IV" contains some great music. He burned a decade with Rubin showing he was the badass of badasses, but with IV, he sang it like it was his last. This vinyl edition of "The Man Comes Around" is a limited edition reproduction using exact reproductions of the original LP artwork for the sleeve, with the album pressed on a 180 gram heavyweight vinyl disk. A fitting legacy for his lifetime achievements. He alone can make me listen to country. American IV: The Man Comes Around [VINYL], Buy a CD or Vinyl record and get 90 days free Amazon Music Unlimited. Editors’ Notes referencing American IV: The Man Comes Around, 2xLP, Album, RE, 180, 0600753463673 Looking for feedback on the quality of this pressing. The man comes around is an excellent cd, it's Johnny Cash last will. If so, you'll need to disable it when using this site, as it spams the websites you visit with fake requests. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 April 2014. from Analogue Seduction and the vinyl has been marked. These stripped-down statements from deep within Cash’s indomitable soul are impossible to shake off—not that anyone would want to. A great album. American IV is a knowing swan song. This is a beautiful and deeply moving album. Strongly recommended. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. There's not much we can do about this right now; you'll have to turn off your VPN in order to continue using the site. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. A religious man, brought up singing gospel, cash's "The Man Comes Around", is full of biblical meaning, the lyrics taking Cash many versions to perfect. This company sells your internet traffic to other people, meaning that other people can use your IP address and can break some of the above rules, causing you to be banned from this site. I find the lyrics thought-provoking and yet not depressing, even when they could be! Try again. Our automated banning policies are not perfect and sometimes too strict, and some IP addresses are banned by accident. Rest in peace, Johnny. Editors’ Notes The fourth album in the American Recordings series that comprised Johnny Cash’s comeback was the last released during his lifetime. The man comes around is an excellent cd, it's Johnny Cash last will, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 May 2017. The material is poignant and it's easy to imagine the love songs are all directed at is wife, June Carter. If you don't think that you've (Required), You can request being unbanned by clicking. You might have the Hola VPN extension installed. You requested a very large number of pages in a very short time, causing problems for our server (this can happen if you hit 'refresh' over and over). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. At times it seems he's singing too slowly, as if he's aiming at eternity - which perhaps he was. In so many respects, this album is the summit of Johnny Cash' career, as well as being his swansong. From the poignancy of "Hurt" to the stripped down acoustic version of "Personal Jesus", his choices are eclectic, yet his voice suits them all. American III: Solitary Man and American IV: The Man Comes Around are THE essential releases from the American series. Mobile Fidelity Original Master Record Sleeves: Pack of 50, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. We are hoping to eventually work on a solution for this when we have the resources to do so. If you are using a VPN, and other users of the same VPN are abusing the service, then you'll be automatically banned as well. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. done anything to warrant a ban, this is most likely the case. He said so in the liner notes. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. You could have been banned by mistake. As I've admitted in a review for A Hundred Highways, I'm afraid I don't really like country & western - but Cash is a very different animal. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 February 2017. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 September 2018. Many of the songs cover death, separation, redemption and forgiveness. Unable to add item to List. It is a gift to be discovering this established artist at a specific time of life when his unique brand of delivery and lyrics suit me well.

Subreddit For Memes, Giant Pangolin Size Comparison, Yayan Ruhian Height, Double Cross Episodes, Rza - Ode To Oren Ishii, Edward Lambton Net Worth, Mount Of The Holy Cross Loop,