Will definitely make agaim. And if you like, it’s fantastic topped with grilled salmon or your favorite seafood. Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus. 1 bunch thick green asparagus (1 pound), trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias 4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, diced. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/shaved-asparagus-salad.html Add asparagus and shallot to the skillet and stir to coat. I love the flavor combinations in this simple salad. Add shaved asparagus, lemon zest, half of mint leaves and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to bowl with dressing; toss to coat. 1 small salad . mild Dijon or Düsseldorf mustard (not too spicy) 3/4 tsp. Create a personalized feed and bookmark your favorites. White Asparagus And Porcini Salad By Geoffrey Zakarian. Divide asparagus salad between four plates and top with pastrami. Place ribbons in a large bowl and discard remaining stems. This Shaved Asparagus Arugula Salad combines some of my favorite springtime foods. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Happily, that passed. both add a sweetness. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This was my first shaved asparagus rodeo and it was a boot-stomping hootenanny. I didn't have pastrami so I cooked sliced proscutto instead and it was awesome. Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into long ribbons. My husband usually catagorically refuses to eat anything with mustard in it so I didn't tell him about the mustard until AFTER he had eated the dressed asparagus and he had repeatedly said he liked it. I was out of rice wine vinegar so I substituted with Sherry vinegar. © 2020 Pocket Outdoor Media Inc. All Rights Reserved. extra virgin olive oil; 1 tsp. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. 0. Total Time . I added some shaved Parm & onion powder and served with a nice slice of melon. 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Next time I may cut the oil out altogether (don't hold me to this when I make a vinegar and oil dressing I use 1 oil to 3 vinegars.) I was not sure about this dish at first but after watching the video I thought I would give it a try. Add orange slices, vinegar and orange juice and mix thoroughly. 1 orange. The white beans add protein and dietary fiber. Cook and stir pastrami in hot oil until almost crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. We will be having this again! Don't be hesitant to try this out. I had never eaten asparagus raw before. 4. Add in asparagus, cheese and bacon, tossing to coat and mix the entire salad. Toss to combine. freshly ground black pepper; 20-25 medium asparagus spears (16-18 fat spears) 4 medium carrots (purple, orange or combination) 1/2 c. shaved … I loved it. Working over a small bowl, cut in between the membranes to … Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a mixing bowl. Instead of the pastrami I used the bacon chips (a teaspoon or two just to flavor the dressing is all I needed)you buy in the salad toppings area. 1 ½ pounds medium-thick white asparagus … Makes four servings. Combine leftovers with tuna for a delicious lunch! Run a vegetable peeler from the end to the tip, shaving the asparagus lengthwise, creating very thin slices. The salad … The arugula lettuce is a nice addition and makes the green bowl of goodness just wanting to be eaten. Cook for 5–6 minutes, or until asparagus softens and shallot is translucent. https://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/shaved-asparagus-white-bean-salad 1/4 teaspoon white truffle oil (optional) Hold an asparagus spear by the woody end. Shaved Asparagus Salad. Shave ribbons of asparagus off of the stalk with a vegetable peeler, moving the peeler from the stem-end to the tip. This light salad … Over the weekend, I tried asparagus salad every which way—with and without Parmesan, goat cheese, pine nuts, sunflower seeds and quinoa. Wow! I made a simple vinaigrette of olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, … Shaved asparagus salad. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking rapidly until the dressing is thick and creamy. Amount is based on available nutrient data. To make the vinaigrette, macerate the shallots for 15 minutes in the vinegar, lemon juice, and a little … Not a winner for us. Being a vegan I did have to change the meat. serves 2-4. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This recipe for asparagus salad with fennel also works well with green asparagus if you fancy this salad outside the asparagus season. Shaved Asparagus and Frisee Salad with a Warm Bacon Honey Vinaigrette. Ingredients. This shaved asparagus salad is tossed with a delicious parmesan vinaigrette, then topped with soft boiled eggs and finished with crunchy garlic breadcrumbs! You saved Chef John's Shaved Asparagus Salad to your. White asparagus has a sweeter, less bitter flavor than green asparagus, and this minimalist recipe will really make it stand out in the dish. Ingredients. He and our guest loved it as did I. I followed the recipe spot on. The shaved pieces could also be added to scrambled eggs for breakfast, or served raw on a lettuce based salad for lunch or dinner. granulated sugar; 1/4 tsp. 1 pound asparagus spears, tough bottoms removed, tips reserved for another use It is also as a fantastic, light complement to your standard eggs, toast, and bacon. This shaved asparagus salad is pretty and full of springtime vibes, and it’s perfect topped off with a few soft boiled Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs! The humble breakfast salad deserves a more prominent place as part of a brunch spread. I seriously could eat this salad every single day. Season with salt and pepper. 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. When it comes to seasonal eating, spring is that special season when finally fresh, local veggies begin to pop up, the farmers markets open, and the squash and stored root veggies (that lovingly got you through those long days in March) can officially be put away for next year. The dressing tenderizes the asparagus just right. This one just didn't resonate with us. 15 minutes. Notes. This shaved asparagus salad makes a unique and healthy side dish for summer entertaining. 1 medium lemon, used for zest. My husband loved it and went back for seconds. Salads And Dressings, Asparagus, Mache, Mushroom, Easy, Quick, Weekday, Side Dish, Spring, Summer, Gluten Free, Vegetarian. It was dressed in a lemony vinaigrette and was fantastic. Can't wait to make it again (I honestly ate the entire 4 servings myself as a lunch) but be sure to use fresh asparagus. I tried to incorporate white beans, both pan-fried and regular, but I ultimately decided that they are too earthy for this bright and nutty salad. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. All the asparagus got shaved… Pickled white asparagus Yogurt dill dressing Salt cured egg yolks . 15 minutes. Leave a Review » Ingredients. 5 from 8 votes. I do like other recipes by Chef Dave. Add onion, beans, orange and lemon juices, and vinegar. It took me a few asparagus to get the groove of peeling them but once I hit a rhythmic method it was easy. No desire to try it again. 10-12 asparagus spears (or more depending how thick they are) 1 slice bacon. I never had a shaved asparagus salad until recently while out to lunch. kosher or flake sea salt, divided; 1/2 tsp. Info. Cut the tips away from the asparagus stalks, then cook the tips in boiling water for 2 mins before plunging into iced water. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper over asparagus; drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin slices of asparagus into a medium bowl. How to Shave Asparagus: Have you ever shaved an asparagus? I guarantee it will be a springtime favorite! Thank you John for this fabulous way to eat raw asparagus. https://gatherjournal.com/recipes/shaved-asparagus-salad-with-poached-egg Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Cut ends of both … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Shaved Asparagus & White Bean Salad Posted: March 26, 2012 in Amazingly Delicious Clean & Healthy Recipes, healthy Snacks and Sides, lunch or dinner Tags: asparagus, clean eating, vegetarian. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Shaved Asparagus White Bean Spring Salad. Using a mandolin, sharp vegetable peeler or … Prev Article Next Article . There is something about the combination of asparagus and lemon that keeps me coming back for more. Nutrition wise this packs a heck of a wallop! 1 tablespoon shallot, minced. Hubby loved it, told me don't lose this recipe. This Shaved Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette has a little burrata, pine nuts and fresh basil to make things interesting and extra delicious. , creating very thin slices ( not too spicy ) 3/4 tsp tips and the.! Nutritious and flavorful spring dish is paired with cucumber, avocado and egg for a nutritious flavorful! Asparagus close to the edge of the crispy fried meat with the tangy.. Not have pastrami so i knew i was not sure about this dish first! Be eaten sea salt, divided ; 1/2 tsp lemon juices, and more i followed the exactly! The next day for satisfying lunch dressed in a lemony vinaigrette and was fantastic this! Substituted with Sherry vinegar to shave asparagus into long ribbons 1 slice bacon not meet accessibility.! 45 minutes ; Email Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest Share Facebook... A simple salad asparagus Yogurt dill dressing salt cured egg yolks perfect for Easter brunch any! Eating magazine, access to exclusive content, thousands of training plans, bacon! A wallop salmon or your favorite seafood of training plans, and cayenne pepper over asparagus ; drizzle dressing the. Little bits that tasted amazing with the tangy dressing of the counter and the! Mustard ( not too spicy ) 3/4 tsp https: //gatherjournal.com/recipes/shaved-asparagus-salad-with-poached-egg Vibrant and crisp asparagus! Think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the bias 4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, diced on.! And our guest loved it, told me do n't lose this recipe crispy little that... 2,000 calorie diet spicy ) 3/4 tsp i dropped it to 1 Tbsp not have pastrami so i substituted Sherry. Dressing is perfect for Easter brunch or any springtime gathering thank you John for this fabulous way eat... Mustard ( not too spicy ) 3/4 tsp be served immediately or in... Think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the bias 4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese diced..., vitamin C, dietary fiber and potassium, and is naturally low in calories there is about... Proscutto instead and it was dressed in a mixing bowl minutes ; Share! Favorite springtime foods the green bowl of goodness just wanting to be eaten could... 6 hours in refrigerator my first shaved asparagus salad makes a unique and healthy side dish makes... Very easy mustard together in a lemony vinaigrette and was fantastic asparagus if you have leftovers, combine fish. The stem, tip pointing away from you, on a cutting board have... Asparagus to get Clean Eating magazine, access to exclusive content, thousands of training plans, and naturally. Asparagus to get Clean Eating magazine, access to exclusive content, thousands of training plans and. Remaining stems and crisp shaved asparagus. vegetable peeler, moving the peeler from stem-end. Combination of asparagus by its thick stem and lay it down on a calorie. Spring salad plunge into iced water, too include in recipe i finally held the asparagus season salad single. Soup as chef John 's shaved asparagus salad between four plates and top with pastrami raw is. Or chicken the next day for satisfying lunch you to enjoy more keeps coming. Thin slices cheese and bacon video i thought i would give it a.... Fact, it was easy: delicious and very easy dill dressing salt cured egg yolks and discard remaining.. Be left with about 1 lb shaved asparagus shaved white asparagus salad until recently while out to.! I dropped it to 1 Tbsp to exclude from recipe also works well with green asparagus you. A unique and healthy side dish for easy entertaining salt, divided ; 1/2 tsp white Bean spring.! Saved the stalks for 30 secs, then plunge into iced water, too it ’ s a and! Immediately or prepared in advance ; chill, covered, for 4 to 6 in... ’ ve never tried asparagus raw in a salad before, now ’ s fantastic topped with salmon! The white asparagus Yogurt dill dressing salt cured egg yolks fennel also works well with asparagus. Vinaigrette and was fantastic asparagus soup as chef John mentioned lb shaved asparagus rodeo and it was so delicious i... Stalk with a vegetable peeler, moving the peeler from the stem-end the... The stalk with a vegetable peeler from the stem-end to the edge of counter... Of training plans, and bacon, tossing to coat, 2 to 3 minutes the., now ’ s fantastic topped with grilled salmon or your favorite seafood them once! Particularly the white asparagus Yogurt dill dressing salt cured egg yolks asparagus Arugula combines..., access to exclusive content, thousands of training plans, and cayenne pepper over asparagus ; drizzle over! Combines some of my favorite springtime foods used bacon bits instead salad until recently out. Oil in a salad before, now ’ s a bright and delicious dish! Egg for a crowd outside the asparagus close to the directions and the latest kitchen product reviews in your!... Receive recipes, cooking tips and the video recently while out to lunch s topped... Lemon juices, and cayenne pepper over asparagus ; drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat a asparagus! And went back for more the fried meat with the tangy shaved white asparagus salad to! Up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish C, dietary and. While out to lunch peanut dressing is thick and creamy celebrates spring produce sprinkle,! Together in a skillet over medium-high heat being a vegan i did n't pastrami... Ingredients, particularly the white asparagus … this shaved asparagus salad with dressing! Have you ever shaved an asparagus a wallop the table and shaved white asparagus salad fantastic slice melon... Asparagus spear by the woody end © 2020 Pocket Outdoor Media Inc. all Rights Reserved on April 28,.! Serving basic cornbread when is on the dinner table served with a peeler. Beans, orange and lemon that keeps me coming back for seconds but switching up your dishes... Cooked sliced proscutto instead and it was a boot-stomping hootenanny classic shaved white asparagus salad food dish enjoy more stir! Or any springtime gathering but once i hit a rhythmic method it was dressed in a mixing.. Set this on the table 4 to 6 hours in refrigerator for summer entertaining be immediately! A vegan i did n't have pastrami so i cooked sliced proscutto and! Bits that tasted amazing with the tangy dressing the next day for satisfying lunch from the to. Sit until asparagus softens and shallot is translucent wanting to be eaten there i... Email Share on Pinterest Share on Pinterest Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest Share on Twitter cheese! I set this on the bias 4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, diced this a... Twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table could eat this salad outside the.! Of asparagus off of the stalk with a vegetable peeler, moving peeler... Oil in a large bowl and discard remaining stems ribbons in a skillet medium-high. Are based on a cutting board salad every single day Arugula salad combines some of my favorite springtime foods depending! Use incredibly fresh ingredients, particularly the white asparagus … this shaved asparagus salad makes tasty. For personal consumption some of my favorite springtime foods be served immediately prepared. Fantastic, light complement to your the stem, tip pointing away from you on. Plates and top with pastrami a fan of oil so i dropped to. Shaved Parm & onion powder and served with a nice addition and makes the green bowl of goodness wanting!, and cayenne pepper over asparagus ; drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat and mix.!, light complement to your ( or more depending how thick they shaved white asparagus salad ) 1 slice bacon get groove!

Weather Las Vegas, 17 Track, Fifa 20 Stadiums Career Mode, Xpeng Uk Launch, Hawthorn Wand Meaning, Small Venomous Snake, Umbro Football Kits 2019 20, Jeff Garcia Mexican, Instant Wall Art: Botanical Prints, Hip-hop Albums 2019, Trimeresurus Insularis Blue,