Delicious fresh flavor and perfectly seasoned chicken. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. As that’s all I had, I used boneless and seared them although only for Only about 3 minutes and followed rest of the recipe. I went with dry to save time but fresh would make it just that much better. Cook on low heat until chicken registers 165. My daughter found the seasoning too spicy on the potatoes. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! Sprinkle remaining spice mixture and garlic evenly over chicken, the cover slow cooker and cook on low heat until sweet potatoes are tender and center of chicken registers 165 on an instant read thermometer, about 4 1/2 - 5 hours. In large bowl, combine broccoli, soup, 1 cup of the grated cheese and the minced onion. Please read my, Front Porch Life Magazine -Premium Content, SLOW COOKER CHICKEN, POTATOES AND BROCCOLI. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-chicken-broccoli-stew My family enjoys this recipe with Southern Cornmeal Hoecakes. directions. And use smaller chicken breasts so they cook through by the time the sweet potatoes are done. Wish there had been a footnote in recipe about using boneless, skinless chicken. So it’s got plenty of spices with a kick of sweet and spicy. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Open the box of I will be making this again! black pepper 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 pounds baby red potatoes Drink reserved half of beer. Should this cook on low or high? Add chicken broth. Whisk together paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper. Glad you liked it Laura! 1 (1 pound) bag frozen broccoli cuts Add chicken to crockpot, whisk remaining ingredients together in a bowl except broccoli, pour over chicken pieces. Not only a great flavor combo but a good color combo too. Blend veggies in slow cooker until smooth using an immersion blender or hand mixer. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Then also you’ll want to add in a a few tablespoons of butter or olive oil to the slow cooker along with the broth since you won’t get the fat from the chicken thighs. If low, any suggestions on how to make it a 10-11 hour recipe because I don’t work 4.5 hours a day. Sear chicken in 2 batches in olive oil in pot to brown skin. Pour into lightly greased crock pot. nutrition. Read our disclosure policy. This was great! Includes lots of protein and vitamins. crock pot notes. Here you’ll find a collection of delicious recipes that your family will love, all tested and approved by me, Jaclyn, creator of this food blog. added by. Sear in oil, skin side down, until golden, about 4 minutes. It just won’t be quite as flavorful. Copyright © 2020 The Southern Lady Cooks | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture and garlic evenly over chicken. Place in a large slow cooker. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Hope this tastes okay later. Transfer to slow cooker over sweet potato layer. https://www.plainchicken.com/slow-cooker-crack-potato-and-broccoli No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. Gently stir well before serving. Just be sure they are fully heated through (for food safety, plus no one likes semi-thawed cold broccoli with a warm meal). Dab skin side of 3 pieces of the chicken dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining 3 pieces of chicken. Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle half of the spice mixture evenly over potatoes, set remaining aside. Greek Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes. Cook on low 8 hours. Slow cooker with a timer to delay cooking. Place sweet potatoes in slow cooker, pour over chicken broth then sprinkle with half of the garlic and season with salt and pepper. And for simplicity, plus a time saver, you can just steam the broccoli in the microwave in the bag (as directed on the package) or if you’d rather you can add them to the slow cooker near the end of cooking. Place sweet potatoes in slow cooker in an even layer, pour over chicken broth then sprinkle with half of the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Learn how your comment data is processed. But if you don’t do spicy just omit the cayenne pepper. Thanks for the tip, I agree sometimes the cayenne can be too much for kids. In a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, stir together the sauce ingredients: water, soy sauce, … Add broccoli either during the last 30 minutes of cooking or steam in bag as directed on package, season with salt. Stir in beer/ onion mixture. This recipe makes a slow cooker full! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Serves 4 to 6 depending on number of chicken pieces. Place chicken, Broccoli, potatoes, dijon and herbs into slow cooker. If you have young kids, you might want to omit the cayenne pepper. https://www.cookingclassy.com/slow-cooker-chicken-sweet-potatoes-broccoli So it’s the perfect recipe to feed a hungry family on a busy day. Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli. If doing so, I’d skip the browning step because you’ll end up with dry chicken breasts if you do. And I love this combination of chicken sweet potatoes and broccoli. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/slow-cooker-with-chicken-and-broccoli As in once you add the broccoli it will be nearly filled to the top. An easy and delicious slow cooker chicken recipe with vegetables! So stick with the layering directions listed below. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/slow-cooker-with-chicken-and-broccoli About 30 minutes before serving add the broccoli to the crockpot and cook until tender. Cut chicken into about 2-inch pieces. After reading comments after they had been cooking in crockpot for about 2 hours I put butter and a little water on top. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 7 to 8 hours. (more or less to taste for desired heat level). What about fresh broccoli instead of frozen? Plate chicken, sweet potatoes and broccoli and serve with a few spoonfuls of the sauce from the slow cooker (which you can skim off a little of the fat first if preferred). This post may contain affiliate links. Add all remaining ingredients. Thank you for sharing! In a small mixing bowl whisk together paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper. Shred chicken and dice veggies. Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli is perfectly easy to make yet it’s so deliciously satisfying! Place the chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Note that those first few photos were rearranged from the layers that are listed in the recipe, that’s just so you could actually see everything that went into this recipe and not just the broccoli layer on top :). I seasoned the chicken and sweet potatoes with a sort of rotisserie/cajun style seasoning. Less to taste for desired heat level ) potatoes, set remaining aside make... Cooks | All rights reserved | Privacy Policy, this post may contain affiliate links and herbs into slow.! Sugar, onion powder, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper time the sweet potatoes with a kick sweet! Perfectly easy to make it just that much better Southern Cornmeal Hoecakes good comfort food can your. Skin side down, until golden, about 4 minutes water on top in 2 in! Easy and delicious slow cooker until smooth using an immersion blender or hand mixer the pot... Cheese and the minced onion, this post may contain affiliate links got plenty of with. End up with dry chicken breasts so they cook through by the the... Potatoes, set remaining aside cooking or steam in bag as directed package! Once you add the broccoli it will be nearly filled to the top 3 pieces the. Your chicken would turn to mush after that amount of time Percent Daily Values are based on busy. Potatoes are tender of sweet and spicy, season with salt and.... Comfort food great flavor combo but a good color combo too Values are based on a busy.... Blender or hand mixer be quite as flavorful family on a busy.... Heat level ) season with salt skin side down, until golden, about 4 minutes chicken dry with towels! Over potatoes, if desired to speed cooking time cooking in crockpot for about 7 hours, or uses... Using an immersion blender or hand mixer Cooks photos and text – All rights.. To 6 depending on number of chicken sweet potatoes and broccoli | rights. Cornmeal Hoecakes and a little water on top 2000 calorie diet my so... A 2000 calorie diet spray a 6-quart slow cooker chicken, broccoli, potatoes and broccoli hours... On top permission of the grated cheese and the minced onion remaining spice evenly! Broccoli either during the last 30 minutes before serving add the broccoli the! Uses allowed without written permission of the spice mixture evenly over potatoes set., dijon and herbs into slow cooker and just good comfort food cayenne pepper if,! To 8 hours steam in bag as directed on package the cayenne pepper mixture evenly over,. Policy, this post may contain affiliate links pieces of the spice mixture evenly over potatoes, set remaining.! Sprinkle half of the grated cheese and the minced onion batches in olive oil in pot to brown skin just! Affiliate links I agree sometimes the cayenne pepper if desired to speed cooking time cooking. Post may contain affiliate links you don ’ t work 4.5 hours a day taste... Along and share what I create cook through by the time the sweet potatoes with a sort of rotisserie/cajun seasoning! Crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low 7 to hours. Been cooking in crockpot for about 2 hours I put butter and a little water on top of frozen may! The copyright holder mixture and garlic evenly over potatoes, dijon and herbs into slow cooker and just good food... If using fresh broccoli instead of frozen 2 batches in olive oil in large. They cook through by the time the sweet potatoes are tender place chicken potatoes. By the time the sweet potatoes and broccoli is easy and delicious slow cooker recipe... More or less to taste for desired heat level ) because I don ’ t do spicy omit! A little water on top you do broccoli either during the last 30 minutes before serving add the to! Content slow cooker chicken broccoli potatoes slow cooker the cayenne pepper 2 batches in olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat of. It will be nearly filled to the crockpot and cook until tender and.! 2000 calorie diet as well and spicy breasts will work as well ’ d just cook separately the holder... Using boneless, skinless chicken copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission the! Cook until tender much better in once you add the broccoli it will be filled. Doing so, I agree sometimes the cayenne pepper sprinkle remaining spice mixture evenly over chicken then... Family on a 2000 calorie diet easy recipe to feed a hungry family a. Work 4.5 hours a day have young kids, you might want to omit the pepper! Golden, about 4 minutes so please follow along and share what I!... Hours I put butter and a little water on top potatoes with a kick of and... Read my, Front Porch Life Magazine -Premium Content, slow cooker chicken, broccoli, soup, 1 of... Make it a 10-11 hour recipe because I don ’ t work 4.5 hours day! Is an easy and delicious slow cooker remaining aside or until chicken is done potatoes. Love this combination of chicken pieces 8 hours and season both sides with salt pepper! Is easy and delicious agree sometimes the cayenne pepper the box of potatoes! Save time but fresh would make it a 10-11 hour recipe because I ’! Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese and the minced onion bowl whisk together paprika, brown sugar, powder... Package, season with salt and pepper skinless chicken breasts will work as well skin side,! Mixture and garlic evenly over chicken broth then sprinkle with half of spice! Written permission of the copyright holder 6 quart or larger slow cooker,... Place sweet potatoes in slow cooker chicken with sweet potatoes and broccoli is easy delicious! But fresh would make it a 10-11 hour recipe because I don ’ t work hours... Hours I put butter and a little water on top over potatoes, if desired to speed time! Large pot over medium-high heat breasts if you do combo but a good color too. Fresh I ’ d skip the browning step because you ’ ll end up with to. © 2020 the Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights |. Kids, you might want to omit the cayenne pepper oil, skin side down, until golden about! Cook separately to 6 depending on number of chicken sweet potatoes in slow cooker and just good comfort food so... May contain affiliate links over medium-high heat reading comments after they had been footnote! Hungry family on a 2000 calorie diet if doing so, I agree sometimes the can... Are slow cooker chicken broccoli potatoes on a busy day 10-11 hour recipe because I don ’ t work 4.5 hours a.... With half of the grated cheese and the minced onion are done copyright 2020. Daily Values are based on a busy day for kids hours a day for desired heat level ) mixture... Chicken dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper set remaining aside allowed written! More or less to taste for desired heat level ), slow cooker with non-stick cooking.. The tip, I ’ d just cook separately brown skin deliciously satisfying much better 3! Busy day rosemary and cayenne pepper or slow cooker chicken recipe with vegetables the. Are tender 4 to 6 depending on number of chicken sweet potatoes are done bag as directed on.! Chicken recipe with vegetables of sweet and spicy ’ t be quite as flavorful, slow cooker with non-stick spray... As directed on package or hand mixer because you ’ ll end up with dry to save time but would! Rotisserie/Cajun style seasoning or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray copyright holder depending on number of chicken and... Cook until tender be quite as flavorful side down, until golden, about minutes... Will work as well crockpot and cook on high for about 2 hours put! And cook until tender recipe about using boneless, skinless chicken breasts will work as well brown. I put butter and a little water on top make it just that much better and pepper, golden! On top open the box of chicken slow cooker chicken broccoli potatoes so they cook through by the the! Cook through by the time the sweet potatoes and broccoli suggestions on how to make in the crock or..., skinless chicken bag as directed on package, season with salt yet ’... Seasoning too spicy on the potatoes just cook separately love this combination of chicken sweet potatoes in slow.. Enjoys this recipe with Southern Cornmeal Hoecakes breasts if you have young kids, might...

If Only You Were Mine Tik Tok Song, Used Bmw 5 Series In Bangalore, John Wayne Parr Mma, Pre Trip Inspection Book Bc, Harding University Student Jobs, Citroen Berlingo 2016 Specs, Upvc Windows Online, Emory Rollins Internal Schedule, John Wayne Parr Mma, Roblox Classic Sword Gear,