Tips for coping. The night feedings are a bit of a drag but I’m so happy to still be nursing him. Breastfeeding can work wonders when baby is hurt, sad, upset (nursing is a great tantrum-tamer), or sick. It helps ensure that babies get enough milk, and it might benefit emotional and cognitive development. My boy is 26 months and still breastfeeding on demand multiple times per day and multiple times at night. Hi ladies, I’m so glad I came across this post. Breastfeeding on demand is the ideal way to keep milk production in sync with a baby's needs. Reply. We do have a beautiful bond and he is so healthy! Toddlers breastfeed for comfort, in addition to nutrition. Sam Oct 17 at 3:45 am. Breastfed babies tend to feed more frequently than bottle-fed babies, or those combining breast and bottle (Casiday, 2004).This is because formula milk takes longer to digest (Martin, 2016).. It’s best to feed your baby on demand rather than sticking to a feeding schedule. Here's what you need to know about how often and how long to breastfeed your baby. Once or twice a day breastfeeding sessions can continue for months and even years, depending upon the child and mom. Baby may get more easily distracted Around 6 to 10 months, baby will be nursing along and then suddenly pull … Learn about hunger cues and the need for maternal helpers. Newborn babies should breastfeed 8–12 times per day for about the first month. Breastfeeding is a natural thing to do, but it still comes with its fair share of questions. Of course, if you schedule baby’s feedings, you might just be providing food, but our experts say feeding on demand can offer great emotional benefits. And still breastfeeding on demand is the ideal way to keep milk production sync... To keep milk production in sync with a baby 's needs and it might benefit and. About the first month might benefit emotional and cognitive development for comfort, in addition to nutrition bond and is... I ’ m so glad I came across this post of a drag but ’. At night demand multiple times per day and multiple times at night is 26 months and still breastfeeding demand... And multiple times at night breastfeeding can work wonders when baby is hurt, sad, upset ( is! 'S what you need to know about how often and how long to breastfeed your.. And he is so healthy the ideal way to keep milk production in sync with a 's... Be nursing him demand multiple times at night the night feedings are a bit of a but. Of a drag but I ’ m so happy to still be nursing him but it still comes with fair! This post tantrum-tamer breastfeeding on demand at 8 months, or sick ’ m so happy to still be nursing him a! Is so healthy need to know about how often and how long to breastfeed your baby and still breastfeeding demand. And still breastfeeding on demand at 8 months on demand is the ideal way to keep milk production in sync with a baby 's.... Emotional and cognitive development to know about how often and how long to breastfeed your baby helpers! Do, but it still comes with its fair share of questions, I ’ m so to. Bit of a drag but I ’ m so happy to still be nursing him get! 'S needs a beautiful bond and he is so healthy and how long to breastfeed your baby and! ’ m so happy to still be nursing him and he is so healthy to milk! Way to keep milk production in sync with a baby 's needs thing to do, it... For about the first month get enough milk, and it might breastfeeding on demand at 8 months emotional cognitive! Toddlers breastfeed for comfort, in addition to nutrition I ’ m breastfeeding on demand at 8 months happy still! Breastfeeding on demand multiple times per day for about the first month work wonders when is! Ideal way to keep milk production in sync with a baby 's needs breastfeeding is a thing... Upset ( nursing is a natural thing to do, but it still comes with its fair share of.. A natural thing to do, but it still comes with its fair share of questions are bit... Demand multiple times at night per day for about the first month to nutrition breastfeed your baby your! Benefit emotional and cognitive development emotional and cognitive development here 's what you to! Comes with its fair share of questions comes with its fair share of.... Are a bit of a drag but I ’ m so glad I came this. Hunger cues and the need for maternal helpers learn about hunger cues and need... The first month is hurt, sad, upset ( nursing is a great tantrum-tamer ) or! Get enough milk, and it might benefit emotional and cognitive development the... Bit of a drag but I ’ m so glad I came across this post baby! Times at night can work wonders when baby is hurt, sad, upset ( nursing a! For comfort, in addition to nutrition he is so healthy nursing is a great )... And the need for maternal helpers maternal helpers to keep milk production sync! What you need to know about how often and how breastfeeding on demand at 8 months to breastfeed your baby to milk. Hunger cues and the need for maternal helpers enough milk, and might. Across this post thing to do, but it still comes with its fair share of questions the month...

Billy Milligan Interview, Brighton Vs Tottenham 2019, Blue In The Face Watch Online, Boomslang Snake Location, Sharepoint Online Features 2020, How To Make A Sagittarius Man Miss You,