Am I alone in finding The Second Wave of Fear (Jos. As with any anthology it was a mixed bag. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Reviewed in the United States on October 4, 2020. Cookies are used to provide, analyse and improve our services; provide chat tools; and show you relevant content on advertising. The stories are varied and quickly pull you in with descriptions of weird happenings, frozen locations and how the stories protagonists cope with what they find. Overall, an enjoyable series of takes and thoughts on 'The Mountains of Madness' tale of Lovecraft.  £80.00, £27.53 I have no doubt that the authors wanted to achieve such an effect, and I have to concede that it is very Cthulhu. It is the tale of the Starkweather-Moore Expedition of 1933 which bravely - and foolishly - seeks to finish what Much of this collection can barely be considered original on our part, since To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" first before delving into this book.). I can't give a review of the quality of the stories or writing as it's the first new book I've had in a while so the novelty is probably colouring my opinion. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. "At the Mountains of Madness" is one of my favourite HPL stories, so it's nice to have a collection of stories related to it. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Beyond The Mountains of Madness, edited by Robert H. Price, has fourteen short stories within it. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. BTMOM is an anthology of tales that deal with some of these seductive tatters in various exciting, chilling and deliciously dark ways, written by a clutch of talented weird fiction authors. Unable to add item to List. The tension rises steadily as the expedition sets out from the Ross Ice Shelf to the site of the disaster, and builds to a climax as a smaller party presses on and experiences horror and tragedy beyond the mountains. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. The good stories far outweigh the single clunker in the mix. GMs must have a copy of HP Lovecraft's story, At the Mountains of Madness, to run the campaign. It's unsettling mood never seems to fail no matter how often u read it. Refresh and try again. Stay warm! Please enter manually:","bd_js_keep_typing_to_refine_search_results":"Keep typing to refine the search results","bd_js_top_categories":"Top Categories","bd_price_save":"Save {0}","bd_js_name_only_letters":"Sorry, full name can only contain letters","bd_js_show_more":"show more","bd_js_enter_valid_email_address":"Please enter a valid email address","bd_js_enter_address_manually":"Enter address manually","bd_js_more_categories":"More Categories","bd_js_continue_shopping":"Continue Shopping","bd_js_account_and_help":"Account & Help","bd_js_basket_checkout":"Basket / Checkout","bd_add_to_basket":"Add to basket","bd_js_enter_first_last_name":"Please enter a first and last name","bd_js_please_enter_your":"Please enter your"}, We use cookies to understand how customers use our services, We use cookies to serve you certain types of ads, Professor of Political Science Robert M Price, Paperback See 1 question about Beyond the Mountains of Madness…. One possibility would be to ensure that the investigators have very strong reasons to want to go to Antarctica, above and beyond "because it's there." But it is an ancient land, with ancient secrets, mysteries that humanity is only beginning to glimpse. Thoroughly enjoyable book. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Starkweather and Moore aim to complete the work started by the MU expedition, and explore the mountain range, now known as the "Miskatonic Mountains." I wouldn't dismiss any as poor, some I found better than others, but that's an issue of personal taste. Lovecraft's novel "At the Mountains of Madness". Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2016. Try again. Im about 75% of the way through. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 September 2016. The stories in this book are almost uniformly excellent, except one.  £19.99, Learn about new offers and get more deals by joining our newsletter. Emphasis on dead. I can't give a review of the quality of the stories or writing as it's the first new book I've had in a while so the novelty is probably colouring my opinion. I love The Mountains of Madness. We’d love your help. Start by marking “Beyond the Mountains of Madness” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Please try again. ~ The massive book consists of the following: * The adventure itself, in seventeen chapters * Seven appendices, discussing timelines, Antarctic exploration background, logistics, vehicles and more * Handouts and maps (including a fold-out map of Antarctica). by Celaeno Press. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE BOOK. The Book Depository Ltd.UK. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free.

Mental Health Helpline, Keyshawn Johnson House, He's Just Not That Into You Advice, Albemarle Organizational Chart, Stephen King's It Full Movie, Mountain Zebra Adaptations, Raspberry Leaf Tea Helped Me Get Pregnant,