NEW VIDEO: Immigrant Union remind us of the transformative power of daydreaming... September 28, 2020. TEETHER) REMIX COLLAB WITH AUSSIE... merci, mercy Releases New Single ‘Tequila & Lemonade’ With Animated Lyric Video... DMA’S RECEIVE 5 ARIA AWARD NOMINATIONS FOR CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED THIRD ALBUM THE... NEW YORK BASED ARTIST AISHA BADRU RELEASES CAPTIVATING... EVAN LOCK announces debut album Kaleidoscopic, shares new... 604 RECORDS ANNOUNCES SIGNING OF VANCOUVER SINGER-SONGWRITER MICHAELA... Hardwell performs world’s first DJ set on F1... 7-Inches For Planned Parenthood Announce Digital & Physical... NYE IN THE PARK REVEAL THIRD STAGE, 90%... TALLIES – Share new single “Trouble” – Debut... WATCH | TURQUOISE PRINCE RELEASES NEW TRACK ‘SUNDAY... SINGER-SONGWRITER LAUREN MANN RELEASES NEW ALBUM MEMORY & DESIRE + PREMIERES VIDEO FOR ‘DONT MAKE A MOUNTAIN’. The London-based members already bagged themselves a Mercury nomination back in 2017 for their debut album. The album gives listeners a close connection with the band since it was recorded live— the ladies send playful and self-revealing vibes through every guitar riff, bass line, punchy drum beat and meaningful lyric. JJ: [Laughs] I find it amazing that we have such a global fan base because I worry that my lyrics are really “London.” People in London know what it’s like to see a pigeon eating fried chicken on the pavement, [laughs] but I don’t know if that’s something that everyone else over the world sees too? Performing in front of a sold-out crowd, London four-piece The Big Moon played an intimate show at The Lexington. GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS TO LITTLE INDIE BLOGS Artists/bands wishing to have their product reviewed, please adhere to the followi... Credit: Ben Johnson Words: Charlie Emmett Released last week, Nottingham four-piece The Chase have dropped their fifth single 'Wonderi... Texan artist Zachary Knowles debuts his ‘super sad songs’. A far cry from its grunge-infused, guitar-heavy beginnings, not many would have guessed that The Big Moon’s latest work would instead feature flute solos, piano and shameless doses of 90s pop. Edapollo. It’s like a crutch that you can lean on. https://caroline.lnk.to/WalkingLikeWeDo, “The Big Moon show that they aren’t afraid to stray from their comfort zone” – DIY ★★★★, “A fresh, widescreen sound and outward-looking perspective move Brit indie-rockers up a level” – Q Magazine ★★★★, “The London four-piece deliver a follow-up that oozes confidence, attitude and class” – Sunday Times UK, “Walking Like We Do signals a band growing up, having fun, and developing their sound” – Loud & Quiet. M: So you all grew up in the UK and you’re based in London now? Teasing four new songs from their eagerly anticipated second album, The Big Moon played new songs as well as tracks from their highly acclaimed debut album. I used to always just do a big guitar solo alone in the middle of songs and that was where my instinct was, but I knew I wanted to make something different and I knew I could say more with my lyrics. 1 English magazine by joining our crowdfunding campaign. I feel like even when we get to the end of the world and everything turns to shit, we’ll still make jokes about it and it’s our way of comforting each other and ourselves, and not taking things too seriously. We learned from this that The Big Moon is always going to be The Big Moon, whatever genre we play, because it’s my lyrics, our voices and us playing. I just pretended I was Zayn and tried to write a song about the experience of being vulnerable on stage, of completely giving yourself to what you’re doing. Knowing that is really comforting. It’s nice to be surrounded by people who are going through the same thing because it can be such an isolating process when you write by yourself in your bedroom. Follow Clash Magazine as we skip merrily between clubs, concerts, interviews and photo shoots. Upcoming Events Menu September 28, 2020. The album was shortlisted for the prestigious Mercury Prize in 2017. A snappy but complex return, Juliette Jackson explains the track: “I was thinking about how hard it is to tell if things are worse now or if they have always been this way and I just grew up and started paying attention. Road. SE London's Favourite Record Shop Reopens, Kelly Finnigan Confirms Soulful Christmas Record, dodie Announces Debut Album 'Build A Problem', Keeley Forsyth's 'Photograph' Is A Staggering Return, Ty Dolla $ign's New Album Is Titled 'Featuring Ty Dolla $ign'. is such a vital part of being a human. The Big Moon will release their new album 'Walking Like We Do' on January 10th.. SINGER-SONGWRITER LAUREN MANN RELEASES NEW ALBUM MEMORY & DESIRE + PREMIERES VIDEO... BIGSOUND KICKS OFF TOMORROW Here’s all the new updates, and what you... MEMPHIS LK Releases new single & video ‘Letters In Concrete’. Find The Big Moon discography, albums and singles on AllMusic Lyse)’, KUČKA RELEASES NEW SINGLE ‘ASCENSION’ VIA SOOTHSAYER/LUCKYME. The 11-track 'Walking Like We Do' is the follow up to 2017's Mercury Prize nominated 'Love in the 4th Dimension'. Your Light JJ: We don’t have any dates lined up but it’s so high on our list of ambitions. The new single, ’Your Light’ has a slick melody running through it, as frontwoman Juliette Jackson sings about forgetting about the stresses of life, if only for a moment: ”Lately I’ve been fine, floating away… got so out of touch and started to levitate…”. The Big Moon have returned with new single ‘It’s Easy Then’ – the first taster from their upcoming second album. Get backstage sneak peeks, exclusive content and access to Clash Live events and a true view into our world as the fun and games unfold. 9. We already made a rock album. The band is signed to Fiction Records and have toured internationally. It was recorded in London throughout the Summer, and co-produced by Catherine Marks and Juliette Jackson. We watched a lot of crap TV and she has a really big dog called Calvin, he’s a massive German shepherd. Formidable. THE WILDERNESS RELEASE SPOOKY VIDEO FOR THEIR LATEST SINGLE ‘GRAVEYARD’, GROOVE CITY DROP NEW POP-DISCO SINGLE ‘THIS EVENING’, BAD SUNS RELEASE NEW SONG “BABY BLUE SHADES”. The Big Moon are gearing up to release their second album, in early 2020. The tracklist is as follows: The Big Moon are currently on tour, supporting Pixies and will be supporting Bombay Bicycle Club on their UK and Ireland tour next spring. Holy Roller It’s Easy Then The Big Moon on their new album and pretending to be Zayn Malik. 10. Compulsively curious, often found in an art gallery or lecture. Festival of Jewish Arts and Music (FOJAM) and Triple R present a... HACHIKU Releases single + video ‘Bridging Visa B’ Debut album I’ll Probably... REPTALIENS Announce forthcoming EP Wrestling Share first single ‘Taking’, NERVE DROPS CHEEKY RAP TRACK ‘REECE’S PEECES’. They had already teased the release of their second album, when they dropped ‘It’s Easy Then’ in the summer, whilst in the midst of performing at a string of festivals, including Spain’s Benicássim. Event manager and music writer at Metropolis Magazine Japan. A Hundred Ways To Land M: Your lyrics have always had a certain humor threading through them, but they can also touch upon more serious issues of this generation, like in “Take A Piece.” Where did the idea for that song come from? It’s a thanks to the one person or thing in your life that knows how to come in and open your curtains and light up the darkness and restore your strength so that when you clatter back down into the real world you have the strength to fight your battles, whatever they are.”. Terms of Service / Privacy Policy / All Rights Reserved, Sigur Rós say they face “potential financial ruin” ahead of second court case over tax evasion, Courtney Barnett, Kathleen Hanna and more contribute songs to new cassette compilation, Music Venue Trust confirms 89% success rate for music venues applying for Cultural Recovery Fund, Caroline Polachek unveils “The Gate (Extended Mix)” to celebrate one year anniversary of Pang album. 4. So I tried to challenge myself. We used to live together. BIGSOUND KICKS OFF TOMORROW Here’s all the new updates, and what you CANNOT miss! I’ve seen The Big Moon in Sheffield, England back in 2016 opening for Ezra Furman. ADHD. "Pop used to be powerful and it used to mean something...". Out today via Fiction Records / Caroline Australia I was bowled over by how insane their lives were, with screaming fans everywhere and no ownership over your own body. Love In The 4th Dimension will be released on the 7th April 2017 through Fiction Records. We already made a rock album. Juliette Jackson: I think for us it just felt completely natural. The Big Moon are gearing up to release their second album, in early 2020. To me, it feels like we are at this tipping point that is unprecedented, but then it occurred to me that every generation before us probably had a moment when they thought they were going to be the last generation on earth.”, “This song is about freeing yourself from all of it, just for a moment. Waves A far cry from its grunge-infused, guitar-heavy beginnings, not many would have guessed that The Big Moon’s latest work would instead feature flute solos, piano and shameless doses of 90s pop. 1, Review: Laura Marling – Song For Our Daughter, Bombay Bicycle Club on their UK and Ireland tour next spring. It took us a while to realise we could do anything on this album, and feel confident with our own voices. THE SUNLIGHT MOUND and... BIGSOUND UNVEILS FIRST NATIONS HOUSE PRESENTED WITH SPOTIFY WITH DREAMING LOUD SHOWCASES... BAD RELIGION RELEASE NEW TRACK ‘WHAT ARE WE STANDING FOR’. September 28, 2020. Due to COVID-19 and the current financial crisis, our future has become increasingly uncertain. All rights reserved. The Big Moon on their new album and pretending to be Zayn Malik. Don’t Think. You can step outside of a situation and see it in another way. Your Light We went on tour and recorded an album with her. Thank you for visiting. , but this time around lead vocalist and songwriter Juliette Jackson made it a personal challenge to push both herself and the band’s potential even further. JJ: She’s a good friend of mine. Juliette Jackson explains: “Walking Like We Do is about being strong in the face of uncertainty, about standing tall even though you’re completely lost and not being afraid of the future because it just keeps on coming.”. 5. Check it out below, along with our interview with singer Jules Jackson. “Sucker” and “Formidable” got an early airing while recent single “Your Light” wrapped up the set. Take A Piece (NEW) Why (NEW) It’s Easy Then. Lucy This song is about freeing yourself from all of it, just for a moment. Frequently piano and keyboard-led rather than being reliant on grungey guitars, and rich in tight-knit vocal harmonies and rolling grooves, it’s a cinematic but innately hook-laden set that truly expands the band’s range. The London group's debut record 'Love In The 4th Dimension' was a stellar success, sparking a lengthy international tour and scooping a Mercury nomination. Dog Eat Dog is a real cocktail of an album. Founder Jill Brown on this powerful new project... How zombie films and constant innovation fuelled his daring new album... Brockley community hub Lorenzo's is the perfect antidote for a year without live music…, The Big Moon Announce New Album 'Walking Like We Do', Nicholas Daley Brings Punk And Reggae Back To Fred Perry, Cosima Is The Face Of Flannels For Summer, Melissa Puts Another Foot Forward In The Sustainability Game, The Beach Boys To Perform At Trump Fundraiser - And Brian Wilson Hates It, GOOSE Look Back On 10 Years Of Seminal Album 'Synrise', Caroline Polachek Shares 'The Gate' Extended Mix, Van Morrison Previews New Single 'No More Lockdown', Gruff Rhys Announces Resist Phony Encores! Join us on the ad-free creative social network Vero, as we get under the skin of global cultural happenings. ‘Barcelona’ examines the inevitable state of flux caused by growing older, while ‘It’s Easy Then’ discusses the sense of impending doom that goes hand in hand with being a citizen of the world in 2019. She’s way more into production, producing all her own music, and she knows loads of cool tricks that she showed me on her laptop.

Winnie The Pooh Chapter 10, Scientific Study Of Snakes Is Called, Duquesne Women's Basketball Recruits, Julie Christie Net Worth, Madrid Zoo Discount Code, Tim Taranto Trade, Is It A Good Time To Buy Westpac Shares,