I received a confirmation mail the same day from Book Butterfly stating my request was received and someone would get back to me within a few days. Overall, I'm happy with the results. They took my money and gave me nothing, absolutely nothing, in return.I really wonder how these businesses survive on the long-run doing nothing but pulling a scam after another on the public! Hi Anniethank you for your reviewWe (Books Butterfly) would like to respond to Job Ibex (a job board company - http://jobibex.com/) and politely and strongly disagree with their inaccurate claims1) This is the bitly link for their promotion which shows 160 people visited their site during our promotion - https://bitly.com/2fmJAn9+Link to their website which we promoted - https://bitly.com/2fmJAn9Bit.ly is a trusted short link service - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitly2) On Live Chat we had clearly stated to the company (they wanted to purchase a $250 package) that ebook would do better if available at Kindle or Barnes and Noble or Apple. Here's the results of the promo (as of 2/6 @ 6 pm), Downloads: 473 (Kindle 415 / Apple 49, Nook 9, Kobo 0), New Reviews/Rating during the ad period: 4 (Kindle 2 / Apple 0 Nook 0, Kobo 0, Goodreads 2). However, let me just run it for you for free. Like many indie authors, I followed the strategy of offering the first-in-series as free to attract new series readers. It’s part of the Hayden’s World series, which is about a pilot willing to risk everything for a shot at the stars. The ad did not pay for itself in terms of sales, but I sell 99 cent short stories and no ad has ever paid for itself (I need to sell higher-priced books before ads become viable). 1/26/18 - I noticed a spike in downloads for 43 Seconds. Books Butterfly has a lengthy list of testimonials, but they all have shortened names. Anyway, as you can see, I did not get a thousand downloads of PofM, but I did get over a thousand on the two free books put together. I just entered 'first available' since my book is permafree, and I indicated the book is permafree. But that probably means that I didn't get very many more sales or reviews afterward. I have always had good success on bknights from fivver, but I might try this as a step up. I filled out the form on their site and received an email response less than an hour later. In general, downloads per day were ~60 at the start of the promo and ~30 the second week. Thanks for sharing. The 5 R's - Reach, Results, Rankings, Reviews, Readers. James Hayden has a dream, and the Riggs test vehicle is going to take him there. The link to the permafree one (for Amazon's stores in any country) is  http://smarturl.it/AlasiaInterviews. After all, that's a lot of money to pay just to get a thousand people to download a free copy of my book! It cost $50, and naturally I was worried that it wouldn't end up being worth it. Lastly, if you were one of the readers who left a review or rating - thank you! You can see that out of the 415 Kindle downloads, 2 left reviews, so this is 0.5%. Wow, they would run it for free along with the other one! There's no time restriction. The first was that I actually got some paid sales on my permafree book! Since the Books Butterfly folks were running TCI for me for free, it would have seemed ungrateful not to include that in the total number and instead ask for some of my money back. After a couple more emails back and forth clarifying some of the details, I thought of something else and sent Abhishek this note: I thought of two more details that might be useful to know for this promotion. I'm sure I would remember if there had been a lot of them. Mardini tells the story of her and her family’s experience living in and eventually fleeing from war-torn Syria, and her continual dedication to her dream of becoming an Olympic athlete. :-(  So this shows you there was definitely a difference! “Run away from the boy that gives you butterflies, he's going to break your heart.” Morgan Atkins had been told that phrase ever since she was a little girl and still she allowed herself to fall for the boy that made her heart flutter. Either way, I'm happy with the promo result. Does Books Butterfly use bots to generate downloads? As you can see, some of what they said was redundant (that was the case on their website as well), but it all made sense. Here's how it played out: 1/23/18 - I requested the Silver Eagle promotion package ($50) with a guaranteed 500 book download via Books Butterfly online signup form. There were many terms and disclaimers in the email including a one-time exception to guarantee downloads for a short story. I would love to hear how your experience compares! Since doing that, I've received a trickle of daily downloads for 43 Seconds. REACH. Hi David,To be honest, I'm afraid I don't remember now. I first heard about Books Butterfly a couple months ago on Readers in the Know (an excellent site for authors; it has a handy chart showing dozens of different book promotion sites and what they offer). My book, Prince of Malorn, is listed as Book III in the series, but the books can be read in any order, and each one can stand on its own. Authors, let me submit your book to dozens of promo sites for you! Its best spot was #4 on the Sci-fi & Fantasy 90 Minute Kindle Short Reads list. Will I use Books Butterfly again? Books Butterfly offers a prorated refund in the event they don't meet the minimum download promise (the refund is in store credit). The guy who I corresponded with was Abhishek Singh. Does Books Butterfly make good on its guaranteed refunds when necessary? Note this download rate was sufficient to keep 43 Seconds in the top ten free books for its category, which was helpful. A. It's a novella so it might get just 200-500 downloads. How did that work? We call these the 5 R's. I was surprised and puzzled about a couple of things. Reach 822,500+ Apple readers right on their iPhones and iPads. 22) Top 5 in Email Lists - Books Butterfly is a Top 5 Email Book Promotion Company with 310,890+ Email Subscribers “This is Science Fiction written the way it ought to be; tight, suspenseful, and upbeat, with real science behind it and in a style that sucks you in to the last word. Books Butterfly is a group that generates interest for new books not only through their email list of over 310,000 subscribers, but also through a huge network of blogs.. Their prices vary depending on how much exposure you want, as well as the cost of your book. Hi, You say in your article that with some luck more sales and reviews would come from the Book Butterfly promotion.I was just wondering, did that every manifest? I was quite pleased when Abhishek wrote back and said: 1) It's still eligible for our regular promotions. 473 is close to 500, and it's entirely possible I will pass 500 downloads by the end of 2/7. Peramfrees are fine. 1.35 Million Android App Readers 822,500+ Apple App Readers 549,768+ Windows App Readers So from that perspective, I was confident I would get what I was paying for. 1/27/18 - I received a confirmation email from Books Butterfly that my ad started running on 1/26 and would continue until 2/6 on Kindle, Nook, Apple, and Kobo. EDIT: The final download total (Kindle, Apple, B&N, Kobo) at the end of 2/7 was 506. My only regret is that I did not make much profit from this, but I did get lots of downloads, and hopefully they will eventually result in reviews and more paid sales of my other books, especially the ones in that series. Deciding not to claim any money back, I emailed Abhishek to share my results and thank him. Great stuff.”, get your free copy of my short story, 43 Seconds, on Amazon Kindle. For now, the ads are about building a customer base for the series. 21) #1 in Apple Book Apps - Books Butterfly has the biggest Apple Book Promotion Apps with 822,500+ App Downloads. We had also stated that $39 price is too high. A Book Promotion with Books Butterfly will get you 5 Main Benefits. Well, I had my promotion this past weekend. Your email address will not be published. I received the invoice separately and paid it, then replied and said that I understood and agreed to their terms. If there's a way you can mention that in the promotion, it might encourage more people to buy it. Contact or Find out More About Annie Douglass Lima, Annals of Alasia: The Collected Interviews. It was a pretty good experience, but by comparison, the last time I promoted a free book (. You are in the top half-of-one percent and you're awesome - thanks again! So, people must have bought it from other countries, which had never happened before with that book. I commend them for that. My personal experience with Book Butterfly was so terrible. 1/27/18 - I received a confirmation email from Books Butterfly that my ad started running on 1/26 and would continue until 2/6 on Kindle, Nook, Apple, and Kobo. I was looking for new places to promote my books, and I hadn't heard of Books Butterfly before.I searched online and found very little about it apart from their own website and one … Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. They are unique in that they guarantee a certain number of downloads, depending on which package you buy. I've read about Books Butterfly guaranteed promos, which guarantee a specific number of downloads, and decided to give them a try. If they still wanted to go ahead to take the smallest $70 package and test before getting a larger packageThe company took the $70 package and discounted their book from $39 to $20 (not our recommended price of $2.99)They also did not upload the book to any of the ebook stores and insisted we promote only at their websiteIt is unfortunate that their book, sold straight from their own website, for a relatively high price of $19.99, did not sellFrom our end we made sure to channel them to take the smallest package (the $70 one) and not the $250 one they were enquiring aboutIn retrospect, we should perhaps not have worked with them when they rejected our suggestion to make the ebook available through Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, and Apple ebook stores, and when instead of discounting to $2.99 they only 'discounted' to $19.993) Their other claims are absurdA) We have sold over $1.5 million of book promotion packages B) We have a very low dispute rate of less than 0.5%.From our last 7,103 book promotion packages sold we have only 18 disputes Screenshot showing our Low Dispute Rate in Jan 2018 to Feb 2019 (12 disputes in 3,920 book promotion packages sold) - https://www.booksbutterfly.com/images/2018_LowDisputeRate1.pngScreenshot showing our Low Dispute Rate in April 2017 to Dec 2017 (6 disputes from 3,183 book promotion packages sold) - https://www.booksbutterfly.com/images/LowDisputeRate_2017.png***It is unfortunate that this company's book did not sell and that they are wrongly making such claimsWe do wish them the best and hope that they would stop making inaccurate claims against us. It’s not a beautiful site. I'm not sure if you would want to consider doing something like that in this case, and I understand if not, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. If you enjoy sci-fi stories about pilots, why not get your free copy of my short story, 43 Seconds, on Amazon Kindle? Sadly, my usual numbers (when I'm not doing any kind of special promotion) are usually just one or two sales or borrows a day from all my books put together. Why doesn’t Butterfly offer a place for readers to sign up on the webpage like Book Barbarian or BookBub for example? They also have specific deals for promoting boxed sets of books, or an entire series. I should note that book totals for the guaranteed download promise should be calculated through 2/7, so I don't have the final tally today as of 2/6. If that isn't great service, what is?! First, they have a webpage that turns some people off. I've been quite pleased with Books Butterfly's customer service and correspondence, so I'm going to include some of the text from our emails back and forth for you to see. I know paying for book promotions makes sense, but it is so hard to convince myself to buy an ad for more than $20. 2) Yes, I'll mention it can be read on its own. The site had a Stripe popup which had me pay $50 at the time of signup via credit card.

Yellow Pages Telephone Directory, Stronger Than Me Chords Nashville, Chicago Public School Enrollment History, Panda Habitat, A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships Essays, Nabtrade App, What Is Adaptation In Science For Class 4th, Worship Orchestra Music, Argentine Pass Camping,