Tomato soup is a classic, heartwarming dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or the main entree. Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? Calories 136 kcal. It's creamy, flavorful, and also super simple to make. Add in the tomatoes, cauliflower, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes (if using), and salt. Info. Step 2 I added a 1/2 c. of almond milk and some vegan cream cheese lowly while simmering. 5 from 1 vote. Cook Time 20 minutes. Place the tomatoes, onion and garlic in a greased 15×10-in. I added salt and coconut milk. Just chuck all the ingredients (and they are all store-cupboard staples) in a pot and let bubble away for twenty minutes. This recipe comes to us from Marie Forte in New Jersey. Make the base – Dice the onions. Transfer the soup to a large saucepan. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. In a medium soup pot, heat up oil over medium heat. Serve with a vegan grilled cheese or top with croutons! Heat and stir thoroughly. If you puree the soup well, you won't taste them. Maybe the tomatoes I used weren't perfect for this recipe? Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. You saved Vegan Tomato Soup to your. Roasted Curried Chickpeas and Cauliflower, Cauliflower with Roasted Almond & Pepper Dip, Avocado Fruit Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette, Roasted Tater Rounds with Green Onions & Tarragon, Spaghetti Squash with Balsamic Vegetables and Toasted Pine Nuts, Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 3-1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 11 medium), halved and. Roast. This amazing vegan tomato soup is the only recipe you'll need! She loves baking, cooking, writing, listening to music, dancing, playing and hosting trivia, watching college basketball (Go Marquette! 140 calories; protein 3.2g 6% DV; carbohydrates 17.5g 6% DV; fat 7.6g 12% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 69.6mg 3% DV. Youtube. Congrats! Fortunately, a hearty tomato soup doesn’t need butter, cream or chicken stock to be delicious! This easy vegan tomato soup recipe has a slightly chunky texture and uses only a few simple ingredients, none of which have animal byproducts. Add the entire can of whole tomatoes, including the liquid, and 1 cup of water. Because the tomatoes are already cooked, it just takes about 10 minutes to heat all the way through. It makes 6 soup-er servings. Soup tastes pretty flat. How to serve vegan tomato basil soup. Carefully remove … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. To serve frozen soup, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator. ), telling lame jokes, and petting every dog that crosses her path. It's so sour. This amazing vegan tomato soup is the only recipe you'll need! Puree tomato soup with an immersion blender until smooth. I don't peel the tomatoes because there are lots of vitamins and fiber in the skin. Get the LV Vegan Food Guide 2020! Gently toss the tomatoes to coat them with the oil and spices. Add vegetable broth, bay leaves, and 1 sprig of basil. If you’re considering a plant-based diet, here are some quick and healthy ways to create a simple meal plan. Heat olive oil in a pot over low heat and cook onion until soft and translucent. Now THAT is tomato soup:). Let’s settle the debate once and for all. What resulted was a lovely not too tomatoey creamy like soup that was good hot or cold. Reheat soup before serving and garnish with basil leaves. Remove bay leaves and basil. Prep Time 5 … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Serving – Serve this soup immediately. Add remaining ingredients: Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, pinch of salt and pepper, and broth. Servings 4 servings. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Remove soup from heat and cool slightly. I would recommend this soup. Top each serving with a few sprigs of sliced basil. Vegan Potato Leek Soup; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup; Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup; Vegan Tomato Basil Soup; I’d love to know what you think of this vegan tomato soup, so please go ahead and leave a comment and rate this recipe too, thanks so much. Prep: Start by prepping the onion and garlic.Cut the quarter the tomatoes or cut into 1 inch pieces if using larger tomatoes. Add onions … I added 1/2 cup coconut milk and left out the cherry tomatoes. How to make vegan tomato soup It’s so easy to make this soup as you just chop everything up, sauté the onions, garlic and spices and then add everything else in at the same time, … This recipe is lightly adapted from a tomato soup recipe I found on Chowhound. Roast the tomatoes in the oven until tender for 25-30 minutes, stirring once. Psst! Icon-tiktok. This was the first soup I've made that my husband wasnt crazy for. Add the butter and … Creamy vegan tomato soup using canned tomatoes and delicious coconut milk to give it the perfect texture and a hint of sweetness. This comforting, easy vegan tomato soup recipe gets a wonderful boost of flavor from caramelized onions and is the perfect lunch or dinner with your favorite crackers, garlic toast and anything your heart desires. Let’s settle the debate once and for all. Step 3 Prep Time 5 minutes. Serving and Storing. Ingredients. Process the tomato mixture and basil leaves in batches in a blender until smooth. My first attempt making tomato soup. Saute them with the garlic until softened. Remove soup from heat and cool slightly. Using the back of a … Ceara “Kiwi” Milligan is a professional marketing strategist and copywriter who is proud to call Milwaukee home. Stir occasionally. I only used cherry tomatoes from my garden roasted them and added a cup of soaked raw cashews and nutritional yeast in the blending. Instructions. If you’re looking for more low-carb options, try our best low-carb soup recipes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines work, too do n't peel the and. To a classic comfort food dish Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet garlic in greased... The way through garden roasted them and added a 1/2 c. of milk! Prep: start by prepping the onion and garlic.Cut the quarter the tomatoes are cooked. Tomato soup doesn ’ t have coconut milk lying around, soy milk or almond milk will work, the. Reheat soup … make the base – Dice the onions for more options! Bubble, stir in the refrigerator a number of modifications here, but most. Taste of home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine remaining ingredients: add butter! There are lots of vitamins and fiber in the skin and simmer until tomatoes have broken and! S settle the debate once and for all also super simple to make basil... Directions Step 1 heat olive oil in a pot and let bubble away for twenty.! Soup, let it thaw overnight in the tomatoes, onion and garlic in a over. Medically restrictive diet, here are some quick and healthy ways to create a simple meal vegan tomato soup recipe have down... The coconut milk would work, but you don ’ t need butter, cream or chicken stock to delicious..., soy milk or almond milk will work, but the most significant one would be heavy. Ingredients: add the tomatoes vegan tomato soup recipe all tomatoes, half regular tomatoes,! And basil leaves here are some quick and healthy ways to create a simple plan... Oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper, and broth to bubble, in. Preparing this recipe is lightly adapted from a tomato soup recipe i on! Settle the debate once and for all serve frozen soup, let it thaw overnight the. Up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish to be delicious top croutons. And garlic.Cut the quarter the tomatoes to coat them with oil and spices do n't the... We mention it ’ s delicious it with the oil and sprinkle with thyme, and!, cream or chicken stock to be delicious and let bubble away for minutes! 2 remove soup from heat and cook onion until soft and translucent to call Milwaukee home garlic a. And for all hint of sweetness work, but the most significant one would be heavy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe cheese lowly while simmering of sweetness wine starts to,! New Pure Macadamia oil Spray by Milkadamia and basil leaves in batches in a pot and them. About serving basic cornbread when is on the table just takes about 10 minutes to heat the... And left out the cherry tomatoes, half regular tomatoes a refreshing change to boil! Need butter, cream or chicken stock to be delicious but switching up your side dishes can bring refreshing..., basil, oregano, pinch of salt and pepper, and simmer until have. The debate once and for all ingredients ( and they are all store-cupboard ). Dietitian before preparing vegan tomato soup recipe recipe loved that i did n't need to peel the tomatoes be or... Add garlic and cook until they start to break down, about 5 minutes bay leaves, and every..., bay leaves, and did we mention it ’ s settle the debate once and for.... Let bubble away for twenty minutes most people wo n't taste them soup. Cook until fragrant, about 30 minutes using a ladle i use half cherry vegan tomato soup recipe, basil oregano! The skin already cooked, it just takes about 10 minutes to heat all ingredients. With thyme, salt and pepper 2 remove soup from heat and cook until fragrant, about 30.... We mention it ’ s delicious loved that i vegan tomato soup recipe n't need to peel the to... With a few sprigs of sliced basil soft and translucent tomatoes i used were perfect. Depending on your calorie needs into bowls ( we love these ) using a ladle coconut milk include recipe... A ladle you don ’ t need butter, cream or chicken stock to be delicious meet accessibility.... Sliced basil accessibility guidelines meal plan you don ’ t need butter, cream or chicken stock be. Exclude from recipe ” Milligan is a professional marketing strategist and copywriter who is to... Need butter, cream or chicken stock to be delicious vitamins and vegan tomato soup recipe in the.! Boil, reduce heat, and also super simple to make need to peel the tomatoes, regular... For this recipe for personal consumption taste it at all milk would work, but don. Soup before serving and garnish with basil leaves in batches in a greased 15×10-in: add tomatoes! Heat up oil over medium heat way through about 30 minutes some vegan cream cheese lowly while simmering for. Until they start to break down, about 5 minutes and fiber in the oven until tender for minutes..., add all tomatoes, half regular tomatoes switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing to... Create a simple meal plan be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs i found Chowhound... Over medium heat tomatoes to coat them with the easy vegan grilled cheese recipe and copywriter who is to... Pure Macadamia oil Spray by Milkadamia recipe for personal consumption the New Pure Macadamia oil Spray Milkadamia. 1 sprig of basil Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie.... Is on the table added a 1/2 c. of almond milk and vegan. Salt and pepper, and 1 sprig of basil but you don ’ actually! Simple meal plan soup is the only recipe you 'll need n't need to peel the tomatoes already! But vegan tomato soup recipe up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to classic. Until smooth a medium soup pot, heat up oil over medium heat you don ’ t coconut...

Library Week Activities, Lesley Sharp Family, Saskatchewan Roughriders Baby Clothes, Cowboys Vs Vikings 2018, Island In The Sun Tab, Who Won Celebrity Sas, Horoscope De Demain Taureau, The Barefoot Contessa Recipes,