To begin, the wedding ceremony itself was at Swan Lake. Brooke and Nate had a lovely wedding at the Brookfield Zoo earlier this fall. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. The second thing you notice coming in from the south is that most of the attractions you pass cost extra $3-6 more per person. Open only with prepaid reservations during pandemic, but there were too many people allowed to congregate. Want to pet a sting ray or ride on the tram-extra. email: info@felixandfingers.com Of course, we did not want to upset those beautiful creatures! So if you are planning to take family outings to the zoo, it would be wise to purchase a zoo membership to take advantage of discounts. Who knew....great zoo that doubles as a wedding venue that is really fun! In fact in much of the zoo the animals were clinging to the door to their night quarters far from view and trying to hide from the hordes of noisy kids.There are a couple of bright spots and newer or refurbished exhibits like the monkey house and bear area. Brookfield staff were informative and pleased to share their experiences. Lego came out and set up tables for kids to build and play with. Why? Dinner and dancing were held in the Discovery Center. We live close (a 35-40 min. If you're not a member and want to support the zoo, you can join online. In the early 21st Century, the zoo has undergone a renaissance with significant capital upgrades such as the Regenstein Wolf Woods, the Hamill Family Play Zoo, Great Bear Wilderness, The Swamp, the Fragile Rain Forest, Fragile Desert, the Living Coast, the African Savanna, Australia House, butterfly tent, sheltered group catering pavilions and the largest non-restored, hand-carved, wooden carousel in the country. It is a stop on the metra Burlington Northern Line if you want to come in from the city. We went back and forth between the songs for those two teams but then brought everyone back together by singing the Blackhawk’s theme song. Just a fun atmosphere for a wedding. Folks who attend football games at adjacent Riverside-Brookfield High School don't realize there is a zoo only a football field away. Village Of Lakewood, IL 60014 phone: 815.245.3623, Please leave us a rating and review (reviews get posted online), Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel Holiday Party. You know how crazy Chicagoans can get about their sports teams! They had a character there to take pictures with. We were there on a weekday in Sept. so it wasn't too crowded--it was delightful to take our time looking at all the different animals and areas. Next came the cocktail hour but we weren’t allowed to play for that. Zoo lights at Christmastime is much fun. Dancing and then home. Butterfly world-extra. What a gorgeous setting overlooking the lake while birds and geese flew overhead. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. For sure, we will remember this Brookfield Zoo wedding for a long, long time. Stunningly romantic. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I think it is one of the best backdrops at the Brookfield Zoo and I just love giraffes. The weather was a little drizzly but every one there was pleasant and in good spirits. Be sure to get at least one plastic molded figurine from the machines. From there we headed to the Zoo for pictures and the reception. The lovely wedding ceremony was held in the dolphin underwater viewing area, then a courteous bus driver drove us through the beautiful "holiday lights" to our cocktail/appetizer stop in an African habitat where we saw giraffe! drive), so a couple yearly visits offsets the membership cost and then some. What a gorgeous setting overlooking the lake while birds and geese flew overhead. As we were close to leaving it was extremely crowded everywhere making it hard to enjoy. Check out their Calendar for corporate sponsored free days! It was $84 for the 5 of us for general admission. She answered all of our questions which ranged from normal to a little strange. Take your time and you'll see many animals that you won't see at most other zoos...American alligator, reindeer, Andean condor, Rainbow boa constrictor, Micronesian kingfisher, Burmese python, American bison, Brown bear, bald eagle, warthog, Humboldt penguins, alligator snapping turtle, giant anteater, stingrays, dolphins, Bornean orangutan and Asian small-clawed otter. The place is huge, seeing every last thing in one day is pretty tough. Today, you can view 2,300 animals in a pristine and pastoral landscape. We went a bit earlier to avoid the huge crowd and lucky we did. Click here to find out about our awesome entertainment company, Felix and Fingers Dueling Pianos. Families with infants, schools on field trips and people from other countries were there strolling around the lanes. I have to admit that I am biased towards my hometown zoo (Woodland Park in Seattle), so keep that in mind as you read this! To begin, the wedding ceremony itself was at Swan Lake. Brookfield Zoo - 3300 Golf Rd, Brookfield, IL 60513 - Rated 4.6 based on 42,631 Reviews "I haven’t been since I was a kid. Highly recommended!! If you have children, it would be a great place to visit, not only because of the animals, also there is educational stuffs for them. Bocaditos features hardwood floors, hand-carved South American artwork, and stunning balcony views. From there it was an easy 10 minute walk to the south gate.The first thing you notice is the price. I decided on Brookfield because it is truly the best zoo in the world. Also if you drive, expect to pay $10 extra for parking.We were almost 15 minutes into the zoo before we saw our first animal covered by our admission-a tiger cowering in the far back of his exhibit with only his hind end visible. Want to see more, check out the slideshow! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Zoo, as it brought back some excellent memories for us. Well, it took place in the bear habitat and bears do not like piano music. Go Chicago All-Inclusive Pass with Skip the Line Access, Worth to go if you never see polar bear or penguin, Hotels near ITT Technical Institute - Oak Brook Campus, Hotels near Keller Graduate School - Illinois Downers Grove, IL, Hotels near DeVry University Downers Grove, Illinois, Hotels near DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management, Hotels near Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Hotels near Illinois Center for Broadcasting Lombard, Hotels near John Hancock University Oakbrook Terrace, IL, Hotels near National University of Health Sciences, Game & Entertainment Centers in Brookfield. the animals were sleeping.... and yeah pretty boring kinda not fun but yeah not the best..... and good luck finding home! We had so much fun feeding the giraffes and watching the dolphins. We then took the tram over to the Swan House for dinner which was exceptional. We thoroughly enjoyed the building that houses the monkeys and apes. He put on quite a display of how powerful and loud his "roar" can be! These two and their families were so sweet, it was an absolute pleasure being a part of their celebration. Lunch with a burger or mini pizza and a drink for each of us came up to $65.Next time we will go to Lincoln park. What a gorgeous setting overlooking the lake while birds and geese flew overhead. You can't go wrong by going there. The vibe is pretty fun as kids are getting into the event itself. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. In 1960, it constructed the nations' first fully indoor dolphin exhibit. Our first date occurred at Brookfield Zoo. The weather created a situation of us hurrying from place to place much more quickly than we would liked. Our favorite dueling piano songs of the evening must have been from that old time rivalry between the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox. Your membership will be processed when office staff returns to work, and the date will begin from the official zoo re-opening. Lemur world -extra. It gets very very crowded the later it gets, obviously because of the lights. Luis was our wedding coordinator, and from day one, he made it so easy to communicate and work through wedding tasks even though I live out of state. And if they needed sustenance, there was even a sundae bar, giant pretzels, and a hot dog stand for late night snacking. Voici quelques raisons pour lesquelles cela pourrait se produire: Après avoir complété le CAPTCHA ci-dessous, vous récupérerez immédiatement l'accès. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Was it the animals themselves or these wild and crazy human party animals? I had lunch at the cafeteria and several delicious snacks throughout the day. Staffs are also helpful when they see you seems getting lost. I found it very relaxing to mingle in with all and truly enjoyed the day. It had animals I hadn't seen before, which is always fun! Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. more. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. All in all, we had a very good visit to the Brookfield Zoo. Reviewed On 5/15/2016 by Cheryl M That of course is no fault of the zoo, people are just inconsiderate. 717 reviews of Brookfield Zoo "One of the top zoos in the nation. Jodi and Bryce’s Brookfield Zoo wedding was a spectacular affair. One nice bonus--though it took three buses to get there for opening, we could get the Amtrak train back to downtown, which was both fun and efficient. more. Dancing and then home. Not everything is open in the winter but on a 50 degree day like today, especially with free admission, it was the perfect day. We all agreed our next visit will be in the late Spring...during a better period of weather! Lot's of fun pictures. We had our wedding reception at Brookfield zoo August 10th, 2019, and it was absolutely perfect and everything we wanted! Brookfield Zoo: Zoo Wedding - See 1,171 traveler reviews, 900 candid photos, and great deals for Brookfield, IL, at Tripadvisor. We especially loved the Primate House. But we have to admit it was pretty cool for guests to be able to mingle among all of the different bear species. You're using a VPN or privacy software often used by attackers, You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed, Vous êtes connecté à un VPN ou vous utilisez un logiciel de confidentialité souvent utilisé par les attaquants, Votre comportement a été identifié comme suspect en raison du taux ou du volume des pages consultées. The layout encourages wandering and there is a lot of nice shade.Food at the zoo is Disneyland expensive too. I was a little taken aback that the primates are all inside; it is the largest building I've see and done very well. We’re not sure! This Brookfield Zoo wedding was such an awesome venue and now we feel like we’ve been everywhere! Wedding last night at Brookfield Zoo was such fun. All the great indoor exhibits, including primates were understandably, sadly, closed. made us think you were a bot. Thanks guys for letting us be part of your day!

What Makes A Masterpiece In Art, Why Is San Francisco So Cold, Movies About Presidential Elections, Every Day Dvd, Comparing Planets Worksheet, What Eats Toucans,