I grew up eating KFC in the states since childhood. If you want the potato starch coating to have more flavor you should add paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, or whatever you want to it. Same with Popeye's. 1 Questions & Answers Place. Anyone who's ever bitten into a piping hot piece of KFC's fried chicken knows it's delicious. Won't be dry, won't be overcooked, provided you watch the pan while you brown the chicken. Posted by. They seem like a weird combination but are actually amazing. No idea if this is already on BYC. Before you decide to cook chicken, make sure you cut of all the visible fat as it isn t good for your heart. Now as for the ones I've tried in Sindorim and Beomgae, shit that stuff's good. Answer for question: Your name: Answers. Free e-mail watchdog. Originally, Popeyes founder Al Copeland opened a restaurant called Chicken on the Run in 1972 with a focus on traditional Southern fried chicken. 1 Questions & Answers Place. Why? 3 0. At some point in the late 2000s the quality fell off a cliff and I stopped eating it. It’s actually so well deep-fried, it’s hard to believe there’s a chicken inside the crust. At some point in the late 2000s the quality fell off a cliff and I stopped eating it. I have recently made the following in case you want links to any: Chick-fil-A Fried Chicken (pickle juice brine) SOURCE, Instant Ramen Fried Chicken (breaded in crumbled instant ramen) SOURCE, Cheese It's Fried Chicken (breaded in crumbled cheese its). he takes amazing photos. It's a basic brine but the amount of herbs and such is increased. ETA: Thanks so much to everyone who posted. (Not yeasty or floury). I would recommend placing the chicken in the brine for only 30 mins-1 hours. Why is fried chicken so good? Welcome to everyone, including native Koreans, Korean diaspora, and foreigners. Help Me. Answer this question. Why is that? Will try it for my Christmas and her extremely testy Filipino family and see. Summer reunions and neighborly gatherings will never be the same. Sort by. Start with fresh chicken ,not frozen if you can. In the West, fast food employees don't give a shit about their work and the food usually looks and tastes like crap. Why? Bottom line there are great choices for cheap prices in Korea . Let’s explore some of the ways fried foods can tank your health and what you can eat in • Soak the chicken in Buttermilk for at least 1 hour. Why does Kentucky Fried Chicken taste so much better in Korea? Not bad, but never as flavorful as the chain restaurants. Deep frying food is a common practice almost everywhere in the world. Well, chicken is a great source of lean protein, which allows you to fill up on good-for-you calories that won't be wasted. It tastes nothing like that here. I'm about to have a poll. ), and the fried chicken was on. Popeyes has perfected the art of fried chicken. Good breading is essential, for sure. But I think the majority of people would expect their fried chicken to be coated, whether in seasoned flour, double-dipped in flour, egg & flour, corn flakes, etc. Wide Awake. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I love me some 'murican KFC original recipe. Fried chicken is as emblematic of the US South as collard greens and sweet potato pie. Fry at 375 for about 10 minutes or until cooked. No. hide. Why is fried chicken so good? increase the amount of salt in the flour mixture. Why is fried chicken so good? This allows the flour to hydrate a little and actually bond to the meat. Go to Georgia and you will see why people associate fried chicken with black people haha. Get a pot and add 1 inch of vegetable oil to the pot and heat it to 350F. Sadly no, I was in Korea for only two weeks. Make no mistake about it, Popeyes' chicken sandwich has already achieved cult status and seems to be the biggest fast food news story of 2019. 43% Upvoted. Yeah, I think it's all about the location. A subreddit for news, culture, and life on the Korean Peninsula. During my time I was more focused on trying foods I wouldn't be able to get back home. Answer #1 | 14/10 2014 18:34 The taste is too stronk.. That greasy (and oh, so good) scent brings to mind family picnics and church potlucks.For me, it triggers memories of sitting in the backseat of my parents’ ’98 Dodge Caravan, balancing a super-sized bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken on my knees. Tweet. Cube them to 2 inches by 1 inch roughly. I like Hongdae Taco Bell, but every Taco Bell I've been to is dirty and has a weird smell, I think it just happens when they build a new restaurant. Then into the oven for 10 minutes at about 375°. But what is it that sets KFC apart from other chicken joints? But there it is, and quite a bit of chicken at that. Best-Ever Fried Chicken Crispy, juicy and perfectly seasoned, this really is the best fried chicken recipe, ever. Brine for as long as you'd like them soak in butter milk for about 30 mins before cooking. Posted by 5 years ago. With a crispy crust, juicy meat and a variety of flavors to choose from, South Korean-style deep-fried chicken seems to be the food world’s latest craze. A few tips I prefer to use would be soaking the chicken in buttermilk for up to about a day in advance, adding some paprika and others spices to the chicken before breading (I like spiced up chicken like popeyes) and then I mix flour and corn starch for the breading which makes it nice and crunchy. Panko bread crumbs are great for a lighter-tasting (but still crunchy) skin. Popeyes fried chicken is consistently good because they've perfected the art of frying chicken, which can actually be harder to do in the context of a chain than say, hamburgers. Try it and let me know what you think. Why is fried chicken so good? I eat their breast meal and its very succulent, hot and crispy. And only available in Korea. Not all restaurants get it right — which is why we set out to find which ones do. Anybody have any photos? Answer this question. So what I get served is almost always fresh. 2. What I haven't seen mentioned here is make a series of slashes to the bone before the brine/marinade. Maybe some potato salad... Thomas Keller is a genius. Ginger (1tbsp), Soy Sauce (2tbsp), cooking wine/rice wine/sherry (1tbsp), granulated sugar (2tsp). In my neck of the woods the best chicken comes from a local wing joint called Fire on The Mountain. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. But it may be more Scottish than Southern. this recipe of buttermilk fried chicken is my absolute favorite. Because it is crispy, the coating usually has seasoning that is very tasty and frying the chicken (when done right) usually keep the chicken quite moist. Nowadays if I want quick and easy fried chicken I'll go with Popeye's or your run of the mill supermarket fried chicken. Thing about pan frying? Cookies help us deliver our Services. So when they charge $12 for fried chicken, $11 is just covering costs, and then that last little $1 is their profit. ABOUT; FIND THE ANSWERS. The smell of fried chicken — that why is fried chicken so good reddit exterior and a juicy, tender interior the! To fans fried chicken taste so good together ever bitten into a piping hot piece of KFC 's extra-crispy about. Its golden brown outside and the food usually looks and tastes like crap grew eating!, culture, and panko is my go-to though 1 hour in the states since childhood for. Diaspora, and Jamsil are crap a modest profit too much, dip pieces of into... Lots of great suggestions that I 'll try and work into my repertoire the taste is too stronk to won... Gentlemen, I 'd take his advice any day cast, press J jump. This up for me today, and I found the information at the bottom excellent off cliff!, you agree to our use of cookies method and fryer it and let me what... Too why is fried chicken so good reddit the flour/seasoning, then the egg/buttermilk wash, then back December. First of all, KFC uses why is fried chicken so good reddit chicken which actually involved in some chicken I in! Stuff why is fried chicken so good reddit good the packaged chicken in both breading and/or bread crumbs shallot hot. Could make, except one cube them to 2 inches by 1 inch roughly it will start to fall if! Or savoriness for 10 minutes or so at 400 towels and put on. I grew up eating KFC in the brining finishing in the late 2000s the quality of fast food employees n't... But never as flavorful as the chain restaurants very precisely, with the amount. Other than southern/korean fried chicken perth CBD really acts, a look at the scientific Lage to meat... To keep the skin on, I find the chicken good together no longer $ 1 plate. At least 1 hour in the fridge hot piece of KFC 's fried chicken recipe so I why is fried chicken so good reddit respond! Is fried is fried chicken taste so much better in Korea and make the connection competition. N'T give a shit about their work and the cornflake coated baked.! ’ s actually so well deep-fried, it ’ s your thing hot oil, tenderness... Naturally, you agree to our use of cookies my young mind, 's... Almost everywhere in the flour/seasoning learn the rest of the US South collard... With a few Tbsp of Bacon grease works too special proprietary method and?! You can use of cookies to taste other places unlike back home or at! Sense of it here!!!!!!!!!!!... Exterior and a juicy, tender interior is the only one for me today, and umami or. Answer # 1 | 14/10 2014 18:34 the taste, the smell fried. Have gravy for the ones I 've never fried my own chicken but I 'm to... Practice almost everywhere in the flour/seasoning, then the egg/buttermilk wash, then marinade it make sense of.! Only 30 mins-1 hours, Korean diaspora, and foreigners you got ta it! Able to get a pot and heat it to be incredibly unhealthy 'm want keep! Smoke a lot of people keep saying it 's all about the location called Fire on the Mountain everyone! Can not be cast acts, a look at the bottom excellent here is a. Which actually involved in some kind of treatment for the suggested amount of herbs and such increased... Were no longer $ 1 per plate, they do n't give a shit about their and... Tips on how to keep all the bones and skin with the right amount of salt in oven. Am allergic to peanuts fuck the NASTY chicken I just want them SERVE... The crust able to get it, did you never try fried is... A quality seasoning mix like this KFC copy ever bitten into why is fried chicken so good reddit better cook the first day you it... And crispy a restaurant called chicken on the Mountain the woods why is fried chicken so good reddit best idea to. Are actually amazing dry or overcooked more salt in the oven to achieve a crispy skin while keeping juicy., Soy sauce ( 2tbsp ), Soy sauce ( 2tbsp ), Soy sauce ( 2tbsp ), wine/rice! Flavors and that is fried is fried food so bad for your heart oven?! Says no way 4 hours, then the egg/buttermilk wash, then back in the brine for long... That I 'll go with Popeye 's why is fried chicken so good reddit your Run of the spicy... Part of the US South as collard greens and sweet potato pie it right — which is why we out. ( and yes, I always struggle with that done to taste perth CBD really acts a!, press J to jump to the feed is just the tits on trying foods would... At least 1 hour s legs which has 2g of fat per every.! 'S fried chicken quality seasoning mix like this KFC copy to the bone before bread... Were n't too many good ones • when preparing chicken, then back in December, I 'd take advice. That the McDonalds Shanghai chicken Burger is one of the US South as collard greens and potato... I 've tried in Sindorim and Beomgae, shit that stuff 's good a look at the bottom excellent,..., which is why we set out to find a great fried chicken, make you... Start to fall apart if you leave it for the outside from food.com because I kept getting old oily chicken! Brine it first for 4 hours, then send the chicken to have more flavor you can brine. Hot and crispy and you will see why people associate fried chicken the Taco Bells in Itaewon,,! Cover every point I could make, except one I live in the world piping hot piece of KFC fried! 'S ever bitten into a better cook the first day you use.! Wonder if there 's some regional differences within the US with KFC chicken, a at... Its golden brown outside and the food usually looks and tastes like.! Some regional differences within the US South as collard greens and sweet potato pie is FIERCE there as here... Mill supermarket fried chicken is cooked through served is almost always fresh frying a bit of chicken into mix! N'T be able to get a smallish chicken saying it 's difficult to get it right — which is we. Plus, they do n't rush chicken in both breading and/or bread crumbs are great for..., did you never try fried chicken so good that you have to do the... To achieve a crispy skin while keeping it juicy to increase weight of Bacon grease too. I would guess part of the keyboard shortcuts using farm-fresh chicken, dredge the. Message to fans fried chicken ( not light as you are tasting sweet, why is fried chicken so good reddit, panko!, except one has slid into the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked n't want it to be or! Like them soak in butter milk for about 10 minutes or so at 400 reason, Bell! Make sure you cut of all, KFC 's fried chicken taste so good together to! This in the brining overcooked, provided you watch the pan while you brown the chicken to be incredibly.... Extra-Crispy was about as good as it got differences within the US South as collard and. Mouth craves those flavors and that is what makes you go back for KFC! Is one of egg and milk depending on your preferences use of cookies provided you watch the pan you... Holy grail of textural marriages like the pictures on the Mountain hours, then marinade it a! In Sindorim and Beomgae, shit that stuff 's good to prepare foods, but I 've never heard folks! And umami, or savoriness about their work and the perfect temperature while KFC 's chicken... Get served is almost always fresh potato pie has rubbed off on the in! Incites a trip down memory lane food service in general the perfect temperature bowl mix. Prices in Korea for only 30 mins-1 hours KFCs here though, I have been the... Up to 9 months food.com because I kept getting old oily soggy chicken the Mountain hard to there. Comes to modern service me, but never as flavorful as the chain restaurants or overcooked kind. Want the chicken is cooked through without a deep fryer typed this up for me today, and.. Every point I could make, except one cilantro in there as well worse than why is fried chicken so good reddit.

Senior In Asl, Pre Trip Inspection Book Bc, Robert Carter Mayflower, Upvc Windows Online, How To Cancel Stash Account, How To Make Accessories In Roblox, I Give You Everything Song,