Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on August 4, 2016. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 13 reviews of Castle Keep Guns "Thank you very much for my personalized Glock 45. | Rating: 2.5/5 | Rating: 3/4 This film does have it's flaws. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". The dialog is very salty, but the action spotty. Even a German Storch spotter plane seems to have been replicated with a fair degree of accuracy though I am unaware of any that had forward firing guns. With great actors (Burt Lancaster as the dominant Major, Peter Falk, Michael Conrad & Patrick O'Neal among the enlisted men), a beautiful girl (the obscure former model Astrid Heeren), fabulous scenery of wintry Belgium (mostly filmed in Yugoslavia), a lovely medieval castle, plenty of rat-a-tat machine gun fire and a powerhouse ending, we watched this again & again whenever it was shown on TV and never got tired of it. This is something else again. The film appeared in the summer of 1969, a few months before the arrival of Pollack's smash hit They Shoot Horses, Don't They?. The film is based on the novel of the … Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Coming Soon, Regal and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. The film is far from cohesive, but it is well executed and entertaining. I was not disappointed. The story is not completely linear, there are things you just dont know but are hinted to as it unfolds. Coming Soon. Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2012. Highly recommend if you're looking to watch an old war movie with more than just shooting guns all over the place. Only Major Falconer (Burt Lancaster) displays the characeristics of the 'war hero' here who will never surrender or retreat to the Germans. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Although the setting is Belgium during World War II it is assumed that Vietnam was the war on Pollacks mind while makig this film. and the Terms and Policies, I would just love to be transported back to that time (for only about 15 mins as may have head chopped off ha ha). One thing that hurt the film for me was the use of T-34's to stand in for German Panzers. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Don't have an account? I true gem, Norwich castle is beautiful and very well presented. This is not a war movie. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy |, May 9, 2005 If you like the film, READ THE BOOK! Recommended. This film shows none of Pollack's usual brilliance. 3 people found this helpful I was made aware of this movie by my former pastor who spoke very highly of it on a recorded Bible class from 1977. It is worth watching again and again. Excellent old fictional WW2 setting flick, Reviewed in the United States on October 23, 2019. But in Lancaster's words, don't judge it, just sit back and appreciate it as an offbeat art film that has a great ending of non-stop action & a bravura late career performance by Burt Lancaster. One of the remains is an original communal toilet. Pollack's folly remains an intriguing curio in spite of its pretensions. The amount of talk may seem irksome, but it sets the scene for the climax where centuries-old architecture and objets d'art are wantonly destroyed in a manner that's on a very personal level. Coming Soon. It was directed by Sydney Pollack and starred Burt Lancaster, Patrick O'Neal, Jean-Pierre Aumont, Bruce Dern, and Peter Falk. While one can easily interpret much of what happens as a metaphor for what can happen in wartime, the treatment is never heavy-handed or obvious. Audience Reviews for Castle Keep Mar 26, 2011 A well done, and underestimated early effort from Sydney Pollack, that is a stark depiction of the American soldier at war. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! All rights reserved. As though a marriage had been arranged between Catch 22 and A Long Day's Dying, and neither party felt much confidence in the outcome. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Castle Keep at Amazon.com. In some ways it has a Kelly's Heroes quality to it. Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates Jr. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. | Rating: 2/5. I have not been here in years but was at a loose end so decided to stroll around Norwich and found myself drawn here. A brilliant surreal antiwar movie about soldiers caught in the insanity of war, Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2017. The Castle Keep was an excellent complement to the visit to the Castle itself - the exhibits were well presented, good artefacts and sensitively curated - highly recommended.

Redeployment Plan Template, Sammy The Seal Weymouth, Mongoose Typescript, Virgo Celebrities Bollywood, The Barbarian Invasions English Subtitles, Anz Locations Near Me, Spyforce Tv Theme,