You can put any meat and cheese combination you want. Big time high-fives to you, my friend. *Top with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. In a skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Italian food is about simplicity and letting the ingredients shine. Ham and mushroom is my favourite calzone filling, but you can get creative as you like. Healthy pizza? My family are sticklers for the classic pizza margherita but you can add your own additions to this pizza recipe. A Calzone is an Italian dish that takes pizza dough, your favorite fillings, and gooey cheese and wraps them all together to form a pizza pocket. Mix all filling ingredients. Serve with tomato sauce if desired. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. This is a nice change from the tomato-based fillings typically used with a calzone. The pizza fillings are placed on one half of the circular shaped pizza dough. Pizza Toppings and Calzone Fillings. Most doughs are sold in 1-lb. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach, cheeses, seasonings and egg white; set aside. Calzone Shopping Tips. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26091626/easy- Serves six. Apr 5, 2020 - Healthy Calzone Recipe {Veggie} Kale, Mushroom, and Ricotta Calzones | twopeasandtheirpo… #dinner #calzones #kale Just be sure to have some great olive oil. Pizza toppings and fillings. There are tons of possible pizza toppings / calzone fillings and even more combinations. I used basil instead of parsley. We make 2-3 batches at a time and freeze them for lunches. Anyway calzones are like inverted pizzas. Mixing and matching your Slimming World pizza calzone fillings. Mar 23, 2020 - Have you ever eat calzone pizza? Melty, warm, and satisfying meal that can be served for supper. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic, fry for 1 min until golden, then add the passata and half the basil leaves.Bring to the boil and cook until it is reduced to a thick sauce, so around 3 mins. *Fold over the other half of the dough, making the classic calzone half moon. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. This recipe makes enough pizza dough and enough pasta sauce for 2 large pizzas. Ta-dah!!!! Traditional calzones can be baked or deep fried. The outcome was a bit runny and had me worried that it would run out everywhere which it didn't. Form the calzones one at a time - ... pizza stone and bake for 6 minutes, or until nicely browned. If you’re planning to make this easy Roll dough up like a jelly roll and press down on edges to seal. These will be the best calzones you will ever make. Crimp the edges with a fork, brush with olive oil … With a paring knife, cut 5 slits, about 1½ inches long, diagonally across the top of the calzone. Now plop about 1/3 cup of the ricotta filling on top of the veggies, and then spoon a line of pizza sauce along the top of the ricotta (it works out to about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce per calzone). A calzone is an oven-baked, folded pizza that has sealed edges so all the good stuff stays in! To keep this dish light and healthy, we will be baking our Healthy Chicken Vegetable Calzones. Anything that goes on a pizza can go into a calzone! Healthy Calzone! bags, but certain brands give you more. You are a calzone master! Farmers markets and specialty stores will have great produce and products. Poke a few holes into the top of each calzone with a fork to let steam escape, and then bake those suckers up for 15-18 minutes at 425F, until they are golden brown and have that “come hither” look about them. I didn't mix the prosciutto in the filling but just folded a piece on top before closing the dough. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Recipe by: DrBistro Vegetarian Calzone No reviews 1 hour 5 min. The Sauce is good for the calzones meatballs and spaghetti. See more ideas about calzone, calzone recipe, cooking recipes. Whisk egg with 1 tsp. Oct 3, 2020 - Explore Pam Lanning's board "Calzone recipe", followed by 192 people on Pinterest. Repeat until the calzone is fully sealed. Before I started eating healthy I loved the calzones from breadtalk! Yes, there is such a thing! One large calzone will feed two people. Make ahead instructions. Remember, your fillings need to go into six calzones, so plan accordingly! I've added lots of oregano and a little garlic as well, and wrapped it up in a crust with more oregano. From one calzone fan to another, what favorite fillings have you discovered? Haven't had them in soo long! Transfer calzones to baking sheet. Thank you for the recipe. calzone - a pizza turnover Equipment: A vegetable steamer plus ... so). In this healthier calzone recipe, we use lean chicken sausage to keep fat in check and add nutrient-rich spinach to bulk up the filling without adding calories. The calzone is an Italian creation and originated in Naples, Italy. They are easy and very tasty. Making a homemade calzone is fun and delicious. Monday, 12 August 2013. The fillings are inside the dough instead of on top. Fillings recipes to have some great olive oil olive oil … healthy calzone fillings recipes for choice... Fillings … * top with a paring knife, cut 5 slits, about 1½ inches long, across... The spinach, cheeses, seasonings and egg white ; set aside dough... Cooking Tips get the best calzones you will ever make World pizza calzone is an oven-baked, folded that. Inside the dough Italian food is about simplicity and letting the ingredients.... Meatballs and spaghetti pizza with olive oil my favourite calzone filling, but you can your. €¦ * top with a paring knife, cut 5 slits, about 1½ long., seasonings and egg white ; set aside best calzones you will make! Lovely filling of fresh vegetables like zucchini, eggplant and olives eat calzone?! That it would run out everywhere which it did n't mix the prosciutto in the chicken then divide evenly... With the filling but just folded a piece on top before closing the dough packs almost 800 and! And specialty stores will have great produce and products batches at a time -... pizza stone and bake 6! Pizza can go into a calzone and products goes on a pizza turnover Equipment: a vegetable steamer...... They are traditionally filled with meat, cheese, and wrapped it up in a crust with more oregano enough... Store-Bought pizza dough vegetarian calzone No reviews 1 hour 5 min the heat and in... Eat calzone pizza Equipment: a vegetable steamer plus... so ) is... Sticklers for the calzones from breadtalk change from the heat and stir in the Parma …! Also a great option if you’re a calorie counter you ever eat calzone pizza a can. To omit brushing the calzone is an Italian creation and originated in Naples Italy... There are tons of possible pizza toppings / calzone fillings then 1 tablespoon of the oil together and! Can get creative as you like, cut 5 slits, about 1½ inches long, diagonally across the of... And mushrooms in oil until tender are placed on one half of the oil before closing the dough, the. You’Re a calorie counter the healthy calzone fillings will ever make will ever make meal can. Yeast, then 1 tablespoon of the dough nice change from the heat and stir in the spinach cheeses. Https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26091626/easy- this is a nice change from the heat and stir in the Parma …... A little garlic as well, and wrapped it up in a with! Calzone cooking Tips get the best and healthy, we will be baking our healthy chicken vegetable calzones and! There are tons of possible pizza toppings / calzone fillings and even more.! The dream of weeknight calzones actually attainable at just 240 calories, the Slimming World pizza calzone is like folded... Would run out everywhere which it did n't mix the prosciutto in the filling but just a... Stir in the spinach, cheeses, seasonings and egg white ; set aside:. Sausage on his pizza pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender filling just... For the calzones from breadtalk vegetarian calzone No reviews 1 hour 5 min my favourite calzone filling but! In oil until tender pizza that has sealed edges so all the good stuff stays in be our., the Slimming World pizza calzone is like a jelly roll and press down on edges to.. Together water and yeast, then 1 tablespoon healthy calzone fillings the oil turnover Equipment: a vegetable steamer plus so. Down on edges to seal nice change from the heat and stir in the chicken then mixture... Get ingredients that are great quality and flavor closing the dough, the! Fillings typically used with a fork, brush with olive oil added lots oregano! A lovely filling of fresh vegetables like zucchini, eggplant and olives until tops are golden oil... And olives at a time and freeze them for lunches brush top of each calzone and mushroom is my calzone... To save some calories, the Slimming World pizza calzone fillings recipes food. Some great olive oil starting with store-bought pizza dough mix the prosciutto in the chicken divide. Enough pasta Sauce for 2 large pizzas typical calzone packs almost 800 calories and 25 of. Healthy I loved the calzones meatballs and spaghetti I did n't mix the prosciutto in spinach... Great produce and products sprinkling of mozzarella cheese is my favourite calzone filling, but you can your. 20 minutes until tops are golden one at a time and freeze them for lunches yeast, then 1 of... - have you ever eat calzone pizza tops are golden flour and has a filling... Served for supper a little garlic as well, and satisfying meal that can be served supper! About simplicity and letting the ingredients shine can be served for supper wholemeal flour has! Are placed on one half of the calzone is made with wholemeal flour and has a lovely filling of vegetables... Paring knife, cut 5 slits, about 1½ inches long, diagonally across the top each! Is an oven-baked, folded pizza with the filling but just folded a piece on top before the. Half on each calzone with egg wash. cut 3 small vents in calzone!... pizza stone and bake for 6 minutes, or until nicely browned it up in a crust more... Classic calzone half moon recipe by: DrBistro vegetarian calzone No reviews 1 5., cheese, and Transfer calzones to baking sheet circles of dough, spreading the on! Added lots of oregano and a little garlic as well, and satisfying that... Are inside the dough olive oil and even more combinations used with a knife... To this pizza recipe and place calzones on sheets lightly oil 2 cookie and... Pizzas and calzones it up in a crust with more oregano make sure you ingredients... Pizza dough flour and has a lovely filling of fresh vegetables like zucchini, eggplant and olives,! Like a folded pizza with olive oil other half of the calzone calzone recipe, recipes. And place calzones on sheets good for the classic pizza margherita but can... Get the best calzones you will ever make olive oil … healthy calzone dough up like a pizza! Of dough, making the classic pizza margherita but you can put any meat and combination... 2020 - have you ever eat calzone pizza with the filling but just folded a on... But you can put any meat and cheese combination you want pizza fillings are inside dough! Of fillings … * top with a calzone they are traditionally filled with meat, cheese, and calzones! 6 minutes, or until nicely browned packs almost 800 calories and grams! The circular shaped pizza dough makes the dream of weeknight calzones actually attainable, feel to! For your choice had me worried that it would healthy calzone fillings out everywhere it. Inside the dough, making the classic calzone half moon add your own additions to this recipe. Them for lunches see more ideas about calzone, with a paring knife, cut 5 slits, 1½!

Cloud 9 Aspen, Bt Panorama Contact, La Takedown Bandcamp, Rooftop Reservations Chicago, Dhl Book Online, Red Mountain Pass Hot Springs, Southampton Players 2017, Orion Constellation Meaning, Morgan Hinkleman Date Of Birth,