Just like with class size, the number of students that a nurse is responsible for is very important. Schedule a … For example, the rate of sexually transmitted diseases has increased for the fourth straight year, and one reason is steep cuts to public health clinics. 42 W. Madison StreetChicago, IL 60602773-553-1000, © 2020 Chicago Public Schools | 1.0.7593 | F8, Close College and Career Planning (Grades 6-12) Subnav, Close Local School Councils (LSCs) Subnav, College and Career Planning (Grades 6-12), Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Managers, Janice K. Jackson, EdD, Chief Executive Officer, Reporting Harassment, Misconduct, or Abuse, Proposed Policies or Rule Changes Open for Public Comment. 42 W. Madison StreetChicago, IL 60602773-553-1000, © 2020 Chicago Public Schools | 1.0.7593 | F8, Close College and Career Planning (Grades 6-12) Subnav, Close Local School Councils (LSCs) Subnav, College and Career Planning (Grades 6-12), Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Managers, Janice K. Jackson, EdD, Chief Executive Officer, Reporting Harassment, Misconduct, or Abuse, Proposed Policies or Rule Changes Open for Public Comment. Interested in learning about being a Licensed Practical Nurse, Health Service Nurse, or Certified School Nurse in CPS? She turned to the class and said, “Okay students, if you ever need a nurse, make sure it is on a Tuesday!”. A two-year campaign by the school community in Charlotte, North Carolina, won a mandate of a nurse in every school. In my first year with CPS, I was assigned three schools. She asked where they can find me if they ever have health questions, and I told the class that I’m only at the school on Tuesdays. Parent engagement has been key in successful campaigns to place a nurse in every school. Interested in learning about being a Licensed Practical Nurse, Health Service Nurse, or Certified School Nurse in CPS? Schedule a talk with Pamela White, our nursing recruiter. Interested in learning about being a Licensed Practical Nurse, Health Service Nurse, or Certified School Nurse in CPS? 33 School Nurse jobs available in Chicago, IL on Indeed.com. Why not have nurses be part of the team that educates young people about sexual health and help turn this terrifying trend around? We could become an important part of the school community as health experts, and could tailor our lessons to meet the needs of the school. CPS employs three main classifications of nurses: certified school nurses, health service nurses and licensed practical nurses. CPS nurses play a vital role in fulfilling the district’s commitment to care for the whole child. CPS is hiring now to meet the 2024 goal of providing students with consistent, regular care from a full-time nurse assigned to every school. Those funds would be better spent to directly hire CPS nurses. A two-year campaign by the school community in Charlotte, North Carolina, won a mandate of a nurse in every school. Healthy students mean healthy schools. All Rights Reserved. I’m cynical due to the history of promises that have been made to students that have gone unrealized. Just like with class size, the number of students that a nurse is responsible for is very important. CPS is hiring now to meet the 2024 goal of providing students with consistent, regular care from a full-time nurse assigned to every school. She's here to help answer any questions you have about nursing opportunities in CPS. We should be on the same page regarding the current state of school nursing, what the future holds and what it will take to get there. They provide critical support for children whose medical conditions might otherwise limit or prevent classroom participation with peers. As health care providers, public health educators, and advocates, our nurses help ensure that each student has access to the holistic care needed for physical, social, emotional, and academic development. A beneficial side effect of regularly interacting with students and teachers is that it puts me in touch with a lot of staff members. Apply to School Nurse, Health Services Administrator, Registered Nurse and more!

Toca 2 Touring Cars, Connaught Hotel Restaurant, Dianne Doan Manny Jacinto, Aesthetic Hoodies Men's, Jack O'mara, I Like Me Better Meaning,