David Montgomery on track for Week 1 Quick recovery from groin injury By: Doug Orth | Thu Sep 10, 7:30 pm Bears RB David Montgomery was a full participant in today’s practice. The running game will have a different feel this season. But Nagy realizes it's not an overnight process. "I was a lot slower than I know I was capable of moving at," said Montgomery, "and it affected the game. He never ran for 1,000 yards in a season as injuries, off the field issues and poor play did him in. "As long as I get the opportunity to run it," said Montgomery, "and be able to be out there with my teammates and my line, and to be able to run the ball, it's pretty sweet. Montgomery's approach entering his second training camp has impressed his coach. To take some pressure off of Allen, the Bills will likely draft a running back in 2019. Connor is a pro bowl back who stepped into the starting role on short notice and made a seamless transition. Among draft-eligible running backs that saw at least 15 targets, Montgomery’s 65.5 receiving grade in 2018 ranked tied for 26th and he only averaged 7.1 yards per catch, good for 34th in the class. Montgomery doesn't see the system as an obstacle. I kind of let myself get in the way of myself as far as what I ate last year. Thus, if Montgomery can become a James Connor type, he’s on his way to a great NFL career. Jay Ajayi will be a free agent, and Darren Sproles is nearing the end of his career, Philadelphia will need a future starter at the tailback position, and Montgomery can be just that. But I'm just trying to be the best mentor and coach that I can be to him. This offseason, Montgomery gave up red meat, getting his protein from lean sources like fish, chicken and quinoa. This website uses cookies. However, Montgomery didn't feel that he played to the height of his ability as a rookie, so he set out to slim down during the offseason. Khalil Mack's younger brother, Ledarius, is an undrafted rookie trying to earn a roster spot with the Bears. (Photo by David Purdy/Getty Images), AMES, IA – NOVEMBER 11: Wide receiver Jalen McCleskey #1 of the Oklahoma State Cowboys tackles running back David Montgomery #32 of the Iowa State Cyclones as he rushed for yards in the second half of play at Jack Trice Stadium on November 11, 2017 in Ames, Iowa. A former first-round selection of the New England Patriots, Laurence Maroney, is one of the biggest running back busts in recent history. Montgomery can cut on a dime and leaves Iowa State as the most elusive running back in the PFF College era (2014-present). The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Oh, and he did it twice. "I definitely think that was a big emphasis for me this offseason," said Montgomery, "just being sure that I focus on my body maintenance, being sure I put the right things in my body and being able to cut some weight and being able to move a little because last year, I wasn't moving the way I knew I could.". He's a hard worker, and I think he's eager to really go out and show what he can do.". See our list of forfeits and vacated games for more details. PFF's Big Board for the 2021 NFL Draft offers three-year player grades, combine measurables, position rankings, and in-depth player analysis for all of the top draft prospects. 250+ three-page scouting profiles - advanced stats, 3-year grades, player comps, combine data and Senior Bowl grades - for the 2021 draft class. Like Montgomery, Connor doesn’t blow you away with speed though he is taller than Montgomery the way the two stay on their feet after tackles is nearly identical. "I was a lot slower than I know I was capable of moving at," said Montgomery, "and it affected the game. In a lot of ways, David Montgomery and Maroney are similar. Pro Football Focus dives into the strengths and weaknesses in Iowa State running back David Montgomery's game as part of our 2019 NFL Draft Profile series. He’s on track to play Sunday against the Lions. Wims working hard to improve his weaknesses, Quick Hits: Speedy Mooney is off to a fast start. Montgomery was one of the best in the college game to do.

The Wellesley Cigar Terrace, Shoes Company Name, Mitch Duncan Games Played, Argentine Pass Camping, Evan Peters 2020, Bachar Houli Achievements,