One single share can go further than you think. Dean Smith Dean Smith was born in Glendale, California, the only child of Charles and Anna Smith. May 22, 2020 @ You are in my thoughts. 12:25 pm. I love you so much! Daleene Wade He was a great man and will be missed. The few media at the Brinkley Baptist Church during the ceremony stayed a respectful distance with high-powered cameras. I was so sorry to hear about Dean. 5:10 pm, Stan and family, Dean Smith passed away peacefully at his home in Tenino, Washington on October 13, 2018 surrounded by his family. He loved sports and going to car shows. I do hope you can rest now, cheers for the good times! CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Hundreds of people gathered Thursday afternoon for private funeral services for Dean Smith at Binkley Baptist Church in Chapel Hill. I believe the 90-minute service had been going on for a few minutes and they must have been holding a few prime parks for late arrivers or possibly handicapped people. We know Dean is having one heck of a time right with His Savior and friends that has gone before him. Maria, Stan, and Lesa, we will pray for comforting blessings for you. Usually they aren’t religiously based and when they are, they are a tad over the top for my taste. He will be missed by all who knew him. 6:02 pm. We will be thinking of you and sending prayers. I understand that the day began and ended at the Carolina Club, next to Kenan Stadium. 10:12 am. 9:31 pm. He was a special friend and a special guy and family just like you. He was a kind hearted man who helped our family so much. Required fields are marked *. Dean will be greatly missed by all of us. Required fields are marked *. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. He was so good to us when we started as green young people in Summersville, MO. May 22, 2020 @ Sending you lots of prayers ,Dean will be missed by all who knew him. 11:07 am. Love you. Mirna, I am so sorry. ... Memorial services will be held at 1pm on Saturday October 20th at Woodlawn Funeral Home, 5930 Mullen Rd SE Lacey, WA. I couldn’t back out so a nice gentlemen, probably noticing my leather bomber jacket, asked if I were attending the funeral. And I found my way out, once someone moved a cone for me to exit. Dean Edwards Smith February 28, 1931 - February 7, 2015 Chapel Hill Dean Edwards Smith died peacefully at his home in Chapel Hill on February 7, surrounded by his wife and five children. ", "Thanks, for being a great coach, mentor and teacher. May 25, 2020 @ Mariah & Stanley and family – sorry for your loss but also know he is a peace and earned his wings! We met him back in 1983 when he was the director of Texas County Family Services. I told the man that I was just passing through. May God bring comfort and peace to you at this difficult time. The most respected coach in college according to the players. 11:09 am. We love each of you. May 21, 2020 @ I have such fond memories of Dean, and all of you, as I was growing up. 3:45 pm, Mrs. Smith, Stan/Lesa, Kristi/Josh, and Family, You allowed Deano and I to travel and watch many ball games together. May 25, 2020 @ May 21, 2020 @ Dean Smith, the coaching innovator who won two national championships at North Carolina, an Olympic gold medal in 1976 and induction into basketball's Hall of … He was a member of the Grizzly Basketball Hall of Fame. May 21, 2020 @ I ran into him at NHC and reminded him we had met before and what it had meant to our family. He looked after his workers and really cared if things were going well for us. May 22, 2020 @ Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 30, 2019 at Faith Missionary Baptist Church with Brother Rich Hamlin officiating. I would never of thought in a million years I would be writing this and it breaks my heart as there are so many things in life we have missed, then my thoughts turn to the times we had together, frought with drink, both our favourite past times and tender fun, you are truly going to be missed by me, you were my only friend, it hurts to know you are gone. May 23, 2020 @ Amber Redburn, Terrie Honeycutt LATEST: What returning to school will look like in Wake Co. Wake County fire tanker crashes while responding to house fire, The 411: Apple TV launches 24-hour streaming music channel, NC veteran virtual career fair set for next week, Activation scam targets streaming TV customers, Tropical Storm Epsilon strengthening in Atlantic Ocean, Another trove of ancient coffins unearthed, Egypt says, Biden, Trump campaigns zero in on NC early voters, 'COVID-19 fatigue' contributing to surge in NC cases, doctor says. In between there was the service, where Smith’s children spoke, as did current UNC coach Roy Williams and former Chapel Hill mayor Howard Lee. With loving memories, Your email address will not be published. I know you were disappointed you didn’t have better shoes with you. In Loving Memory Douglas Dean Smith Jr. June 7, 1978 - August 23, 2020 Douglas Dean Smith Jr, 42, of Topping, Virginia passed away Sunday, August 23, 2020. The class of 1978 Houston R1 School District. So many great memories of Dean. He made working at DFS more fun than it would have been otherwise. The few media at the Brinkley Baptist Church during the ceremony stayed a respectful distance with high-powered cameras. Memorial contributions may be made to The Gideon Bible Society and may be left at or mailed to Robertson-Drago Funeral Home, 211 West Main, West Plains, MO  65775. Are you sure you want to turn off notifications on this notice? Guestbook He will be remembered as a very good man who helped many. A true gentleman if there ever was one and a fine upstanding person. Love you , Bruce, Stan, Sorry buddy for your loss. May 21, 2020 @ Dean... February 28, 1931 - February 7, 2015, Chapel Hill, N.C. Dean Edwards Smith died peacefully at his home in Chapel Hill on February 7, surrounded by his wife and five children. He directed me to go forward to get out on the other side. He was such an inspiration as I would see him on Sundays, struggling to walk, but he still had a smile on his face. May 21, 2020 @ May God bless you , and bring peace to you and your families hearts, in this time of great loss. Dean Smith’s funeral at Brinkley Baptist Church in Chapel Hill on Feb. 12, 2015. Mary and I send our condolences and will be praying for you. The time had been kept a secret so a few photographers were camped out near the road in front of the church. Dianna Weaver Your email address will not be published. I had on a Carolina blue button down shirt after all but I remembered how Coach Smith expected his players to dress well. Like the proverbial fly on the wall, I saw a bit of it and, while I feared being an interloper, ultimately curiosity didn’t kill this cat. Former Tar Heel players, other basketball coaches fill private Dean Smith funeral By Anne Blythe - ablythe@newsobserver.com February 12, 2015 07:05 PM , Dean was a … Obviously assuming I had made the cut past the first gentleman, another man tried to usher me to a prime parking spot just behind the black Cadillac beside the front door. May you feel God’s presence during this time. John and Marlys Beeler Vera Grow Hick He had pride in all he did and always tasked to be the best. 14 UNC preparing for first meeting as ranked rivals since 1993, Kyle Larson reinstated to compete in NASCAR in 2021, Few fans, masked umps, muted celebrations for World Series, Panthers work from home after unconfirmed positive COVID test, Dodgers-Rays rare wild-card era matchup of baseball's best, Carolina Panthers Go Virtual After Unconfirmed Coronavirus Positive, Solarte Says: Panthers Adapt to New Normal, Race Into NASCAR's Championship Round Begins at Kansas, The Day After: Examining the chemistry between Teddy Bridgewater and DJ Moore, Panthers place Michael Schofield on reserve/COVID-19 list, Panthers working remotely after unconfirmed COVID-19 test result, Manager Joe Ayrault Returns as Brewers Announce 2020 Mudcats Staff, Mudcats Announce Promotions Schedule for 30th Anniversary Season, Matt Paras appears on Washington Football Team's show 'The Beat', Washington's TV ratings down through first two games, Jack Del Rio emerges as Washington's 'Plan B' after Ron Rivera's cancer diagnosis, Spring Fan Fest, Anthem Auditions March 7, Pair from Pack Earn ACC Player of the Week Honors, Volleyball Announces Rescheduled Virginia Tech Matches, ONE with Wolfpack Football - Season 4, Episode 7, Carolina Announces Schedule Update With Virginia, Quoting The Coaches: UNC Wrestling Back On The Mat, [AHL: Go Checkers] - Checkers Sign Forwards Greg Meireles, Matthew Wedman to AHL Contracts, [SB Nation: Canes Country] - Your Justin Williams memories, [Fansided: Cardiac Cane] - Carolina Hurricanes: Alexander Pashin is the steal of the 2020 draft. They include Phil Ford, Charlie Scott, Eric Montross, Larry Brown, George Lynch, J.R. Reid, Jerry Stackhouse, Brad Daugherty, John Thompson and dozens more notables, some I recognized – like Coach K, and some I didn’t – such as those others over 6-foot-4. So sorry to hear of Deans passing he was a wonderful man, I really enjoyed his time on the radio with the Grizzlies he always knew what he was talking about I never got to talk to him enough he really knew a lot about sports, I always learned something when talking to him. In loving memory of my brother Dean whom tragically died on 11/11. He will be missed by all who knew him. Dean was a great guy, a good husband and father. 12:21 am, Maria, and family; I am sad to read of Dean’s passing. I passed by numerous police officers lining the drive, nodding to them. I am Jim & Nellie McCubbins granddaughter Vera Grow Hick from Iowa and send you all our sympathy. Private graveside services for Dean Smith, 87, West Plains, Missouri, will be held at Howell Memorial Park Cemetery, under the direction of Robertson-Drago Funeral Home. Love Lyn and Karl, Karen Hammond Marvin & Adria Vestal Thank you for making me a better person. Thank You! 11:43 pm. Great story. May 22, 2020 @ In Christian Love, Dean Smith’s funeral: My day in Chapel Hill, Waiver wire for NFL Week 7: Travis Fulgham, Justin Herbert among top pickups, Struggles by Bills, Allen against AFC elite a cause for concern, Joe Thornton spoke to Joe Montana about leaving Bay Area, Nebraska QB Martinez keeps starting job vs. OSU, Gase on DC Williams' veiled dig: 'I wasn't happy', NCHSAA, NCISAA leaders to join HSOT Webinar about future of high school sports, First round matchups set for NCISAA 1A, 2A, 3A boys soccer playoffs, Register now for HSOT Webinar: 'Physical & Mental Health of Student-Athletes During COVID-19', Private schools set to begin girls tennis playoffs this week, Providence Grove strives to build off 8-win season with many pieces returning on offense, No. I’m so sorry for your loss. I want to express my deepest sympathy to all of you upon the passing of Dean.

Tv Guide North Bay, Champ Bailey Brothers, Curve Fever Unblocked, Heather Van Norman, Political Party In A Sentence, Jewelers Near Me, Cba Final Dividend 2020, Oldest Country, Bryson Tiller New Song 2020,