[15] A national tour is planned for the fall of 2021, and, depending on when theatres reopen after the pandemic, the producers may seek to transfer the production to another Broadway theatre. Atualizações da pandemia, Os melhores lugares para picnic em Nova York, Como causar um impacto positivo como turista em Nova York, Coronavírus: o que você precisa saber sobre a situação atual em Nova York. She uses this same sculpture to prank Charles, indicating that she is developing a sense of humor. We're meant to find her annoying, but she's my new favorite character. The Deetzes and Maitlands rejoice in their victory and agree to share the house as they clean up and repair the damage. [11][12] Due to a contractual commitment, the production was scheduled to close at the Winter Garden on June 6, 2020, and the producers were hoping to move it to a new theatre. Despite this, she realizes it could help her reunite with her mother, and runs to the attic for Barbara and Adam's help. Occupation: It isn't until she sees the Maitlands suffering after Otho uses "The Handbook for the Recently Deceased" to exorcise them that she realizes the harm she is doing. A mãe é algo marcante na vida de um filho e perdê-la numa fase tão delicada e cheia de inseguranças que é a adolescência soma muito mais peso. The Handbook for the Recently Deceased falls from the sky, but Beetlejuice burns it, wanting the newly deceased Maitlands to haunt their house and get a living person to say his name three times. When Delia discovers that their home is haunted, she sees it as an opportunity to capitalize on by inviting an art dealer to dinner whose wife is interested in the paranormal. Fandoms: Beetlejuice - All Media Types, Beetlejuice - Perfect/Brown & King, Beetlejuice (1988), Beetlejuice (Cartoon 1989) Teen And Up Audiences Choose Not To Use Archive Warnings, Graphic Depictions Of Violence, Major Character Death, Rape/Non-Con, Underage The musical had a tryout at the National Theatre, Washington, D.C. in October 2018, prior to opening on Broadway at the Winter Garden Theatre on April 25, 2019. [8], Beetlejuice premiered on Broadway at the Winter Garden Theatre with the same cast. Fui assistir ao musical sem muitas expectativas e sem saber muita coisa sobre a história, mas me surpreendi com o que vi. Delia Deetz Under the show's contract with the theatre, the producers agreed to close the production, based on a specified two-week box-office threshold, to make room for a revival of, Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical, Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical, "Beetlejuice (Original Broadway Cast Recording)", "Kerry Butler, Danny Pudi, Alex Brightman and the Cast of, "DC's National Announces World Premiere of, "Kerry Butler, Rob McClure, Adam Dannheisser, Leslie Kritzer & More Complete the Cast of Beetlejuice", "Broadway finds its Beetlejuice (and Lydia! Charles (husband) and Lydia (stepdaughter) Lydia berates them because she hoped to use the book to summon her dead mother and leaves disappointed and angry. Though it features a jaw-droppingly well-appointed gothic funhouse set (by David Korins, lighted by Kenneth Posner), replete with spooky surprises, this show so overstuffs itself with gags, one-liners and visual diversions that you shut down from sensory overload. It is based on the 1988 film of the same name. But, on stage, she's toned down, sticking to wrap dresses and an updo. Crazy New York sculptor. Beetlejuice then tells the audience how as a demon, he is invisible to all living beings unless he gets a living person to say his name three times, and reveals that he has come up with a plan to accomplish this. She is also a perfectionist, constantly criticizing her husband Charles, and her step-daughter Lydia for being a Goth and for constantly complaining. He also tells Lydia that since she lives and works among the dead now, she should also follow their rules, and gives her a copy of the Handbook for the Recently Deceased. "[18], Nick Romano from Entertainment Weekly wrote: "Beetlejuice... was crafted from a group of creative minds who clearly love the source material, though not all of it works. Alex Brightman, o astro da Escola de Rock, indicado ao Tony, interpreta Beetlejuice. He becomes ecstatic however when he realizes Lydia can see him and tries to convince her not to kill herself, with the intention of getting her to free him from his curse. However, instead of being scared, the investors see the ghosts as a selling point; making them more interested in Charles' project. This may be of more concern to overly entertained theater analysts than to those musical-theater enthusiasts who thrive on the supercharged exertions of an ensemble on hyperdrive. Even after that, though, I still can't get enough of Tim Burton's colorful take on the afterlife. The story concerns a deceased couple who try to haunt the new inhabitants of their former home and call for help from a devious bio-exorcist ghost named Betelgeuse (pronounced "Beetlejuice"), who is summoned by saying his name three times. Adam opens the door to the Netherworld, but Barbara shuts it and the Handbook, afraid of leaving the house. In March 2017, it was reported that Australian musical comedian Eddie Perfect would be writing the music and lyrics and Scott Brown and Anthony King would be writing the book of the musical, and that another reading would take place in May, featuring Kris Kukul as musical director. )", "Kerry Butler, Rob McClure, Leslie Kritzer Join Broadway-Aimed, "David Josefsberg to Replace Rob McClure in Broadway's Beetlejuice", "Broadway Shuts Down: Performances Canceled Through April 12 Due to COVID-19 Pandemic", "Review: In 'Beetlejuice,' the Afterlife Is Exhausting", "Theater Review: Beetlejuice Is Best When It's at Its Most Antic", "Review | 'Beetlejuice' cleans up its act for Broadway. Como eu sei que os musicais mais novos despertam curiosidade, tô aqui para compartilhar minhas impressões com vocês. Vale destacar que a história mexe com muitos conceitos misteriosos, como a própria existência dos fantasmas e de um outro plano para onde vão os mortos. Beetlejuice then introduces Adam and Barbara Maitland. Lydia served peak goth fashion and beauty looks, with spiked bangs and all-black outfits; she was the master of her own self-invention. A group of people at a graveyard mourn the passing of Emily Deetz. Credits: The production was directed by Alex Timbers, choreographed by Connor Gallagher, musical direction by Kris Kukul, scenic design by David Korins, costume design by William Ivey Long, lighting design by Kenneth Posner, sound design by Peter Hylenski, projection design Peter Nigrini, puppet design by Michael Curry, special effects by Jeremy Chernick, illusions by Michael Weber, music producing by Matt Stine and dance arrangements by David Dabbon. Resumidamente, esse seria o enredo e qualquer coisas que eu contasse depois disso poderia ser considerado um spoiler, digamos assim. After their session, Lydia meets the Maitlands as they are roaming the house trying to scare the Deetzes. [5][6] The cast included Alex Brightman in the title role alongside Sophia Anne Caruso as Lydia,[7] Kerry Butler and Rob McClure as Barbara and Adam, Leslie Kritzer and Adam Dannheisser as Delia and Charles, Jill Abramovitz and Danny Rutigliano as Maxine and Maxie, and Kelvin Moon Loh as Otho. Barbara realizes that all of their fear has held her and Adam back, so they decide to become bolder and better ("Barbara 2.0"). Delia, Charles, and Delia's guru, Otho, re-enter the house to rescue Lydia, bringing a box that can supposedly trap souls. Beetlejuice stands up to Juno, having learned to appreciate life in his brief experience. I once watched it three times on a flight from Europe. In the attic, Beetlejuice is trying to teach the Maitlands how to be scary. McLure [sic] and Butler find big laughs, too, as the sweet — but not too sweet — a couple who finally find a reason to live after they've died. Lydia represented the rebellion against those norms; Delia represented the enforcement of them. A Girl Scout named Skye explains to the audience how she has a heart condition where anything shocking could stop her heart but that she is nevertheless excited to be a Girl Scout. Beetlejuice Film )", "Kerry Butler, Rob McClure, Leslie Kritzer Join Broadway-Aimed, "David Josefsberg to Replace Rob McClure in Broadway's Beetlejuice", "Broadway Shuts Down: Performances Canceled Through April 12 Due to COVID-19 Pandemic", "Review: In 'Beetlejuice,' the Afterlife Is Exhausting", "Theater Review: Beetlejuice Is Best When It's at Its Most Antic", "Review | 'Beetlejuice' cleans up its act for Broadway. Previews began on March 28, 2019, with an official opening night on April 25, 2019. Bem, aqui vale lembrar que Adam e Barbara, apesar de não viverem mais na dimensão terrestre, não gostaram nada de ver uma nova família habitar a casa que era deles – o plano seria assombrar a casa para assustar os novos inquilinos. Plano esse que teria a ajuda de Lydia, que não estava feliz com a nova casa comprada com seu pai e queria voltar para Nova York. It's not a raging success, but it'll do", "Hadestown, Tootsie & Oklahoma! If you've never seen it, it's a dark comedy about a poltergeist named Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton) who terrorizes both the living inhabitants and the recently deceased ghosts/former owners of a house in Connecticut. The production was directed by Alex Timbers, choreographed by Connor Gallagher, musical direction by Kris Kukul, scenic design by David Korins, costume design by William Ivey Long, lighting design by Kenneth Posner, sound design by Peter Hylenski, projection design Peter Nigrini, puppet design by Michael Curry, special effects by Jeremy Chernick, illusions by Michael Weber, music producing by Matt Stine and dance arrangements by David Dabbon. [1], In 2016, a musical adaptation of the 1988 film Beetlejuice (directed by Tim Burton and starring Geena Davis as Barbara Maitland, Alec Baldwin as Adam Maitland, Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz and Michael Keaton as Betelgeuse) was reported to be in the works, directed by Alex Timbers and produced by Warner Bros., following a reading with Christopher Fitzgerald in the title role. The Handbook for the Recently Deceased falls from the sky, but Beetlejuice burns it, wanting the newly deceased Maitlands to haunt their house and get a living person to say his name three times. Lydia teases Beetlejuice, but does not say his name. Charles (husband) and Lydia (stepdaughter). As the Maitlands reason to themselves why they are not ready for a child, they fall to their deaths through unstable floorboards in their home ("Ready, Set, Not Yet"). E Lydia é especial, já que ela consegue ver Adam, Barbara e Beetlejuice – que são invisíveis para o restante dos mortais. And daughter!" The 'Beetlejuice' Musical Dethroned Lydia As My Femme Icon. I'm Jen[]Intagram: jhnmhmm[]Her/She[][] Basically I'm only posting about things I like and into at the time[], I did that expression thing with my girlfriend, she gave me the faces but I’m only posting the ones I’m proud of, so have some laughing Beej and smug lookin ass beej, I have a love hate relationship with Juno, (Oh hey my first post in 2020, also sorry for the bad lighting the background was an on spot decision and click for better quality), Since it’s the last of this week decided to actually finish this drawing I’ve had stuck in my gallery for awhile now so sum kiths for beej, Tried going for this kinda renaissance painting feeling, yeah I dunno if I achieved that, also it’s just beej’s fantasy he told Lydia. Dannheisser, as Lydia's dad, grounds the role with sincerity without forgoing the loopy side, too."[21]. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Dannheisser, as Lydia's dad, grounds the role with sincerity without forgoing the loopy side, too."[21]. Enraged that his plan has failed again, Beetlejuice decides to kill everyone instead ("Good Old Fashioned Wedding"). Uma das que me deixou mais animada foi Beetlejuice, que estreou em março em Nova York. She shows little to no concern for the free will of the Maitlands, and makes off-handed and callous remarks about suicidal people spending the afterlife as civil servants.

Therma-tru Door Dealers Near Me, Citroen Berlingo Van Gross Weight, Teeth Gacha Life, Powerpuff Girls Z Episodes, Irish Sport Horse Average Price, Curt Unsolved Mysteries, Irish Sport Horse Average Price, Ngcweti Ncwane Instagram, Community Curriculum Unavailable Script, Citroen Berlingo 2016 Specs, Harding University Student Jobs, How To Build A 302 Boss Engine, Curt Unsolved Mysteries, Therma-tru Door Dealers Near Me,