'I was fairly determined not to let him get to me. One person wrote on social media: "#AppropriateAdult made for interesting viewing tonight, Dominic West was quite convincing as Fred West," while a second person said: "Dominic West deserves as much credit for this as David Tennant received for his portrayal of Dennis Nilsen #AppropriateAdult. She even went with West to his 25 Cromwell Street address in Gloucester, where many of his and his wife’s victims had been tortured, killed, dismembered and buried. Theresa May livid as Gove addresses Brexit security fears. Fans praise Dominic West's 'convincing' portrayal as Fred West in ITV's Appropriate Adult - ITV re-aired their chilling drama Appropriate Adult on Tuesday, and viewers all had a very similar response… CAMEROON MAGAZINE - CAMEROUN INFO - CAMEROUN ACTU Appropriate Adult, dominic west, Fans praise Dominic West's 'convincing' portrayal as Fred West in ITV's Appropriate Adult, GB, HELLO! Harrowing ordeal: Emily Watson plays Janet Leach, the woman who sat in one Fred's police interviews and Monica as Rose, House of horror: 25 Cromwell Street in Gloucester (now demolished), where the couple buried their victims. Since then, the actor has shown a united front with wife Catherine outside their home, kissing her on the lips. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. MORE: Is Appropriate Adult based on a true story? ', Twisted: Fred and Rose West at the wedding of their daughter Anne-Marie (pictured left of her father). He won the British Academy Television Award for Best Actor at the 2012 British Academy Television Awards for portraying serial killer Fred West in Appropriate Adult (2011), and he played Jean Valjean in the 2018 BBC miniseries Les Misérab… ’, Recreation: Cromwell street has been re created on a Manchester housing estate. 'Many people think that it's my perception there will be re-enactments of murder and gratuitous violence and that is why I am so disturbed. Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. Moment an Easyjet passenger is slapped by his WIFE after going on an anti-mask tirade and causing a mass... Are Covid-19 outbreaks slowing down in university towns? Sinister: Dominic West wears a curly wig, woolly jumper and scruffy gilet to play Fred West in the new ITV drama Appropriate Adult. It is not. Despite being married, he appeared not to be wearing a wedding ring. WIN a smile transformation with Invisalign, Here's how you can holiday on an EXCLUSIVE private island, Why Cornwall's CLC Trenython Manor is top of our UK staycation wishlist. To have an actor pretending to be my father and describing how he murdered and disposed of their bodies I find an insult to their memories because they were real people, not just a name on a page, who deserve a little more respect.'. He first hitchhiked to the castle 22 years ago for Catherine's 21st birthday - they went out at Trinity College Dublin before reuniting years later. It reportedly has an annual running cost of £130,000. "The following year in 1971, my eight-year-old half-sister Charmaine disappeared and Rose told me she had gone away with my mum.". 'Hypocrisy': Anne-Marie Davis (left) who was raped and tortured by her father Fred West, has criticised actor Dominic West for saying he had nightmares playing her father in a new drama (right), 'What of the victims who survived and all the victims' families who have lived with this for more than two decades? 'Whilst Dominic West moves on to his next role, another life sentence will start for all of the families.'. I only did it for three weeks and it was a pretty intense, very dark three weeks. Another, however, had a word of criticism for the actor, writing: "They missed a trick not giving Dominic West the ice blue eyes that were distinctive in Fred #AppropriateAdult. They tied the knot in June 2010 in Glin, a village in the northwest of Ireland’s County Limerick. Ms Davis was raped and tortured by the Wests when she was eight and her mother Rena Costello and sisters Charmaine and Heather were murdered. Dominic West has suggested that serial killer Fred West had a "likeable" demeanour which helped him escape detection by the authorities. Theresa May livid as Gove addresses Brexit security fears, Police search for woman who stabbed LA Metro employee to death, Heart-stopping moment lorry veers onto wrong side of road, Former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith makes Strictly debut, Falconer 'parahawks' with pet bird above West Midlands, Moment man pushed down hole in savage attack by cow in India, Dramatic moment children fall down escalator in Russia, Ireland Taoiseach orders full national lockdown for six weeks, Manchester: Govt threatens Tier 3 if agreement not reached by noon, Conspiracy theorist goes into shocking rant against masks on flight, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge launch Hold Still 2020 exhibition, TOWIE's Diags spotted at party which breaks Covid restriction rules. Ms Davis has been critical of the new, two-part drama throughout its making. They were real people and their loved ones are real people too who are still suffering and their wounds will only be reopened by a TV drama like this. 'My frustration stems from the resurrection of my father on screen, the re-enactments of dialogue between interviewing police officers and my father describing the circumstances surrounding my mother's and sisters' disappearances, their murders and his subsequent disposal of their bodies. 'I have enough emotional and mental baggage and I don't need an actor to haunt or further remind me of the crimes my father perpetrated. More recently, Dominic West - famous for playing detective Jimmy McNulty in The Wire and for his Bafta-winning role as Fred West in Appropriate Adult - has fallen under Glin's spell. By registering to HELLO! She continued: "No-one should kid themselves, the object of this drama is to make money. By Daily Mail Reporter Updated: 12:28 EDT, 15 March 2011. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. Dominic West has enjoyed a glittering acting career, with credits including cop drama The Wire, action flick Tomb Raider and ITV’s Appropriate Adult. "I would ask people to put aside that voyeurism for just a few minutes and consider the victims of all such crime, their families and the life sentences they have to serve - without choice.'. Anne-Marie's own mother Rena Costello and half-sisters Heather and Charmaine were murdered by the killer who committed more heinous crimes alongside his partner Rose West between the years of 1971 and 1987. He has had but a glimpse of their world.'. Ms Davis, who was sexually abused by Fred and Rose West and other men they brought to 25 Cromwell Street, managed to flee the family home when she was 15 in just the clothes she was wearing. Otherwise, how would their families ever know what had happened to them?". He added: 'We are assured that the producers are sensitive to the continued distress experienced by those who were both directly and indirectly affected by the horrific crimes committed by the Wests.’.

John Wayne Parr Mma, Clear Silicone Walmart, If Only You Were Mine Tik Tok Song, Average Golf Drive Distance, 4 Month Old Lab Puppy Behavior, Provia Doors Vs Andersen, Transferwise From Europe To Brazil, Roblox Classic Sword Gear, Derrick Johnson Salary Naacp, Ngcweti Ncwane Instagram, 2017 Ford Explorer Radio Upgrade, Navy Blue Burgundy And Rose Gold Wedding Centerpieces,