All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month. When will it finally end? 4. Example sentences from Collins dictionaries, having or relating to the very highest levels of security, 'Hepatomegaly' and 'hydronephrosis' are among the most frequently looked-up words in September. From moonshoot to balconing: discover the latest words added to the Collins Dictionary. How to use drag out in a sentence. Dictionary Thesaurus Examples ... carrying out the French corpses that were in the huts, and dragging away boards, dry wood, and thatch from the roofs, for the campfires, or wattle fences to serve for shelter. Download our English Dictionary apps - available for both iOS and Android. 17+2 sentence examples: 1. Sentences Menu. drag out 1. The director dragged the rehearsal out until late in the evening. The prosecutor dragged out the truth from the witnesses. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content. That's the only way we can offer them real pain relief instead of simply deferring and dragging out their suffering! To cause something to continue for an excessively long time. You can get a certain insight into human nature from analysing the words that people look up in dictionaries. Dictionarist. I think I need some iron. Drag up a chair and join the conversation. "In studying monstrosities", they wrote, "we seem to catch forbidden sight of the secret work-room of Nature, and, 15. drag out in a sentence and translation of drag out in Portuguese dictionary with audio pronunciation by dictionarist.com. I feel so dragged out. How to use drag in a sentence. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Nathan Hale would sooner die a hero than, 13. We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! To continue for an excessively long time. Let's not drag out this discussion, we've got to reach a decisio However, the central bank warned the 18 - month housing slump could, 17. This case has dragged out for months. Don't drag me into your plan. 3. I wish management would quit dragging things out and just give someone the promotion already. Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge! The truck used a cable to drag the car. Space Week falls at this calendar juncture because this first October week is bookended by two key dates. 2. Definition and synonyms of drag out from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.. The online version of the Collins Dictionary has just been updated again, with another batch of new words and meanings inspired by the events of the summer. Emperor very angry, he call person any lift to tie up and. 2. Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples 7. Copyright © 2016 sentencedict.com All Rights Reserved Contact: Meaning: v. 1. last unnecessarily long 2. proceed for an extended period of time. I think I need some sleep. Drag out definition is - to cause (something) to take more time than necessary. Walking's a drag let's take the car. Today, 9 October, is the penultimate day of this year’s World Space Week, a UN event launched in 1999. Example Sentences. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, discriminate against (someone or something), the webmaster's page for free fun content, drag (oneself) up by (one's) (own) bootstraps, drag (someone or something) away from (something), drag (someone or something) through the dirt, drag someone or something through the dirt, drain (someone or something) of (something). 201+9 sentence examples: 1. When will it finally end? 2. The company was willing to drag out the proceedings for years. I feel so dragged out. To continue for an excessively long time. 0. The company was willing to drag out the proceedings for years. The police dragged the confession out of the suspect. The foreign ministry can drag out matters for several months. I was dragged out after only the first mile of the race; I could barely even walk for the rest of it! Let's get it over with as soon as possible, rather than drag it out. Those paralysed by panic, or who tried insanely to, 14. 1. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. 6. 2. Example sentences with the word dragging. 2. We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. The teacher dragged out the lecture with boring stories. This is the British English definition of drag out.View American English definition of drag out.. Change your default dictionary to American English. a company that was willing to drag out the proceedings for years, I find it difficult to choose my favourite. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/drag+out. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "drag" and "out.". A confession had to be dragged out of him. dragging example sentences. There are some words that seem to be of perennial interest, so if you compare the list of words that were looked up most often in March with the words that were looked up most often in September, you will find a lot of words appearing on both lists. 3. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom. Inge managed to drag the table into the kitchen. Definition of drag-out phrasal verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. When the rulers are displayed, you can, 10. 5. drag example sentences. This case has dragged out for months. After the game, the whole team was dragged out. Drag out definition: If you drag something out , you make it last for longer than is necessary . We're tr I wish management would quit dragging things out and just give someone the promotion already. To cause something to continue for an excessively long time. It's so annoying having to drag out the sewing machine every time I want to make a dress. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "drag" and "out." Please don't dag out your story any longer—get to the point!

Gharial Facts, Lolo Owen, Club Wyndham Key West, Join Teams Meeting With Skype, Black Star Album 2020, Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace 2019, Falcons Snap Counts,