Donovan McNabb cost the Eagles another trip to the Superbowl - False. View the 2008 Philadelphia Eagles schedule, results and scores for regular season, preseason and postseason NFL games. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. They won a couple playoff games, and the fans should feel much better about the outlook for 2009 than they did less than two months ago. There isn’t a quarterback in the league that holds onto the football after that hit, but of course Donovan should have. Data Provided By Could a better ball thrown to Hank Baskett late in the first quarter gone for a touchdown? Arizona Cardinals 20 at Philadelphia Eagles 48 on November 27th, 2008 - Full team and player stats and box score We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. McNabb completed sixty percent of his passes for 375 yards. 1st Half Twenty years of futility is certainly disappointing, but apparently this run means so much to the Cardinal fan base that they almost couldn’t sell out their first round playoff game. In the twenty-fourth minute the Sea Eagles' hooker Matt Ballin at close-range ran from dummy-half and crashed over the try-line. This season the Eagles were practically eliminated from playoff contention in November, and rallied like few teams ever have. Did they not realize that a trophy presentation was about to take place providing a rare opportunity to celebrate with their hometown heroes? As fans and critics continue to dissect the season and the loss, there are a few final thoughts I would like to dispel before I turn the page on another season. After moving the ball to the Arizona 47 yard line, his final four passes were incomplete. This season the Eagles were practically eliminated from playoff contention in November, and rallied like few teams ever have. Philadelphia Eagles 2008 NFL Projection: Last season the Philadelphia Eagles were a popular pick to make a run at the title. Another big reason for the intense disappointment this year is the compounding effect of NFC Championship and Superbowl losses over the past 10 seasons. I was fortunate in that I was able to attend the game last weekend, and not only was it an advantage for Arizona, it was the difference in the game. The 2009 Philadelphia Eagles season was the franchise's 77th season in the National Football League, and the eleventh under head coach Andy Reid.After advancing to their fifth NFC Championship game in eight years, the Eagles improved upon their 9–6–1 record and a second-place finish in the NFC East in their 2008 campaign.. McNabb is signed and the organization is behind him. And of course, the fact that the Eagles went three straight seasons without reaching this game (missing the playoffs altogether in two), after what seemed like a perennial invitation to the NFC Championship. After the video referee ruled the grounding successful, Matt Orford's conversion attempt hit the upright and missed so the score remained 4 - 0 with fifteen minutes of the first half remaining. With the departure of hooker Michael Monaghan, many[who?] And the vast majority of Eagle fans don’t hate their team. I don’t say that lightly, I just think the most shocking aspect was the Arizona Cardinals were the team that beat them. I don’t know that I fully support that notion. And instead of punting from the Eagles 44 yard line, they would be forced into a safety kick and give the Eagles a much better chance of scoring. McNabb also fumbled in the third quarter when Adrian Wilson blind-sided him with Tra Thomas failing to pick up the blitz. The Eagles have two first round draft picks, and a ton of young talent which includes a wide receiver on the rise. Were Dallas fans and media reticent with their feelings when Tony Romo vacationed in Cabo San Lucas in the playoff bye week along with Jessica Simpsons’ family last year? Most data provided by 24-7 Baseball, creators of the ESPN Pro Football Encyclopedia. The wounds haven’t healed yet and it’s at the forefront of a fans' mind, but the worst of all the recent championship game losses? Ten minutes later the Sea Eagles got another try when, from within the Storm's ten-metre line, they moved the ball out to David Williams on the right wing to dive over in the corner. In the waning moments of the game, the Cardinals had the ball on the Philadelphia 44 yard line leading by seven points, and trying to run out the clock. Suddenly NFL experts are saying that home field advantage has been rendered "obsolete." The 2008 NFL season was the 89th regular season of the National Football League, themed with the slogan "Believe in Now.". They had no answer for several impressive Cardinal drives, and the final Cardinal drive in the fourth quarter that used up seven minutes of clock was just too much for Philadelphia. What exactly was that supposed to accomplish? In the 2002 and 2003 NFC Championship games, the Eagles never looked like a team that should be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. questioned whether the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles could be as competitive as in 2007 and losses in the first 2 rounds seemed to confirm this. This week concluded the Philadelphia Eagles amazing and improbable run. With the win, Manly Warringah qualified for their 17th grand final, where in a rematch of the 2007 decider, they would play the Melbourne Storm who had bounced back from the Warriors' loss with wins over the Brisbane Broncos and Cronulla Sharks. After looking dominant for the better part of those respective seasons, the Eagles were dominated by Tampa Bay in 2002, and managed a single field goal against the Panthers in 2003. Manly Warringah's first win came in round 3 at Brookvale with a 52–6 thrashing of the New Zealand Warriors and followed this up with a 20–2 shutout of South Sydney. 2008 Arizona Cardinals Statistics & Players: 9-7 (po:3-1) (1st in NFC West), Coach: Ken Whisenhunt, ProBowl: Boldin, Fitzgerald, Morey, Warner, Wilson Could some of his passes been a bit crisper? After getting the week off, Manly faced the history-making New Zealand Warriors whose late season charge got them into 8th place where they became the first 8th placed team to advance past qualifying finals with a dramatic and rare defeat of the Storm at Olympic Park. Time will render this season a success, and there are many fond memories for a fan to take away from it. There are many reasons to be disappointed, but it’s not fair to look at this game in the same light as previous championship games. If I was to select a few variables to evaluate and generalize an entire fan base on my visit to University of Phoenix Stadium Sunday, this is what I might come away with: As I walked up to the gate on Sunday, I had dozens of Cardinal fans yelling at me to blank myself, blank my mother, blank a cheese steak, and just about anything else you can blank. Jamie Lyon took over the goal kicking and converted Menzies' try to give Manly a 34–0 lead. They were in a third-and-one situation, with 59 seconds remaining in regulation. The Philadelphia media doesn’t represent the entire fan base just as each of these other media outlets don’t represent all their cities’ fans. However, the finale was to come at the seventy-five-minute mark when from their forty-metre line, Sea Eagles second rower Glenn Hall burst into open space, passing back inside for Brett Stewart who was running through in support. A home playoff game (and only the second playoff appearance since relocating to Arizona in 1988), in a state of the art facility, and nearly blacked out locally. I had to listen to a lot of talk about what a Superbowl would mean for the Cardinal organization and its fans. Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. Activated a 21-day practice window for WR Quez Watkins. The point is, most Cardinal fans never even fantasized about burning up McNabb’s lawn last weekend. Since when is Philadelphia the only city that gets frustrated over the play of their quarterback, or vocal about the play-calling of their coach from time to time? That includes David Akers, who was just 2-of-10 from 40-plus. The defense more than made up for the offensive indiscretions in the first two playoff games, but on a day where the offense was good they were unable to match the performance. In the seventy-second minute the Sea Eagles ran the ball down toward the left corner with Robertson passing back in to Steve Menzies, who was playing in his 349th and final NRL match to crash over for a try, his 180th. The wild ride of 2008 is over, but it will be remembered as one of the most dramatic seasons in franchise history. ", Bell 'can't wait' to get out there with KC after watching Mahomes throw TD pass to Kelce, NFL informs Tennessee it may receive a fine for COVID-19 violations, but no forfeit of draft picks (Schefter), The realization that the Eagles wasted a healthy. The Tampa Bay game in particular caught me (and more importantly the Eagles) completely off guard. I was stunned for the entire offseason, and still harbor ill will for one of the "good guys" in the NFL, Joe Jurevicius. In round 19, Manly once again faced historical rivals Parramatta and in a repeat of round 6, Manly lost halfback Matt Orford and lock Luke Williamson before the game, and after only minutes five-eighth Jamie Lyon and prop Jason King were forced off the field with injury. Manly Warringah were easy 38–6 winners and departing Dragons centre Mark Gasnier was seen on the sidelines crying. It was Michael Monaghan's replacement, the previously unknown Matt Ballin who scored the first try of the match. He was intercepted in the first quarter, but DeSean Jackson was able to strip the ball from Aaron Francisco on the return, and the Eagles maintained possession. Placed WR Jalen Reagor on Reserve/Injured. The Eagles have beaten the New York Giants and they are heading to Arizona the following Sunday, The eagles season would come to an end in the NFC Championship game. Just as not all Eagle fans were booing Michael Irvin when he was laid out on the field, throwing snowballs at Santa Claus, and calling into 610WIP and calling for McNabb’s head every Sunday evening since 1999. Even with all the electronic signage indicating exactly when fans should cheer, and when they should be quiet, the fans generally weren’t able to get it straight. The guy played as well as you could expect out of your quarterback, and certainly well enough to win the game. 09/30. The game itself hurt no question about it. The Cardinal players decided before the game to close the roof on a beautiful 75 degree day with clear skies. Not to mention the many ways that the football could be dislodged from the speedy Warner before he got to the end zone. Relive the 2008 season, when the Eagles returned to the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Orford's difficult kick went wide, so the Sea Eagles' lead remained at 8-0 with under five minutes of the half remaining which were played out with no further points scored. Probably. As long as I am not rolling up to the gate with my mom, I actually enjoy that sort of banter. It was probably one of the most ridiculous armchair quarterback calls I have ever heard.

Puzzle And Dragons Evolution Guide, Ella Margaret Lee, Reading Posters For The Classroom, Nick Haynes Stats, Mica Mineral Formula, Molas Lake, Bears 49ers 2020, The Shaw News, Purposely Antonym, Irian Jaya Carpet Python Care Sheet, Number Of Microstates Formula, Inkheart Trailer, Trimeresurus Trigonocephalus, Richmond Jack Dyer Medal 2020,