Erick, Fred, Freddie, Freddy, Frank, Frankie, Fritz, Red, Rick, Ricky, Frederick Douglas, American abolitionist, writer and orator Personally that's what I like about it! From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. Frederick II of Prussia "Frederick the Great" If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Frederick, try our name generator. Captain Frederick Wentworth, fictional character in the Jane Austen novel "Persuasion." I think its the perfect classic name, that's not too old but not very trendy. Frederick Arthur Stanley, 16th Earl of Derby, 6th Governor General of Canada, original donator of the Stanley Cup and namesake of Stanley Park (Vancouver, BC) Frederick is one of my ultimate favorite boy's names. Frederick is one of my favorite names. Rich, 2008), son of American actress and neuroscientist Mayim Bialik. I think the nickname Fred is actually great, and Red would be a more unusual nickname that I'd use as well. See the popularity of the boy's name Frederick over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Fritz, Frederick Lawrence, a character in Anne Bronte's "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" Frederick Weasley, fictional character from J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" Would you like to follow Frederick? Frederick Holbrook from The Little House series Frigyes This is one of my favorite names, and I loved it even more when I learned the meaning, but I also love the name Richard, which has the exact opposite meaning. Some people think it's an interesting choice, but I love it! Fridrich, But today's parents are beginning to recognize it as a strong classic and one of the top royal baby boy names. Know a Frederick? Frederick is a city in, and the county seat, of Frederick County, Maryland.It is part of the Baltimore–Washington Metropolitan Area.Frederick has long been an important crossroads, located at the intersection of a major north–south Indian trail and east–west routes to the Chesapeake Bay, both at Baltimore and what became Washington, D.C. and across the … Try the An unusual nickname for Frederick: Erick (my boyfriend's name). It's my second son's name. It's courageous, solid and noble. It sounds strong, handsome, dignified and elegant, and I like that it's a classic name that isn't way overused like James, William or Robert is. Comments and insights on the name Frederick Personal experiences with the name Frederick. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! (Portuguese) © 2020 Nameberry.com. namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. Boy's name meaning, origin, and popularity, Baby names inspired by African American leaders, Baby names inspired by great American men, Old-fashioned baby names due for a revival, All pregnancy, parenting, and birth videos >, the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information. Submit your funny nicknames and cool gamertags and copy the best from the list. Fred, © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. Fredrikson, I love Frederick. My favorite nickname is Freddie. Bedrich Frederick, Prince of Wales, KG (Frederick Louis; 1 February 1707 – 31 March 1751), was heir apparent to the British throne from 1727 until his death from a lung injury at the age of 44. Fryderyk Fred Astaire, American Academy Award-winning actor and dancer Freddy Krueger, fictional character from the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" series of films. Paired with a middle name like Kent or Conte, it has a distinctly medieval feel. Frederick and Catherine, a Brothers Grimm story Derived from the Old High German Fridurih (ruler of peace), a compound name composed of the elements frid (peace) and rik (king, ruler). Frederick is a favourite of mine. I do like Fritz but I just don't think I'm pompous enough to get away with it! I love the name Frederick, and I first I thought it sounded too heavy, especially since I don't like the nickname Fred. Fritzchen I don't typically go for classics but I'd absolutely use this strong name if I did! Fritzi, But Frederick is great example of a good old survivor of the Norman Invasion. Frides, Frederick Heschel Bialik Stone (b. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The name Frederick is a boy's name of German origin meaning "peaceful ruler". Freddie Fudpucker. Frederick, and friendlier nickname Fred, seemed almost to have disappeared, leaving just the memory of Freds past such as Astaire, Mr. Rogers and Flintstone. Fredi, (Dutch) Frederick Law Olmsted, American landscape designer He was the eldest but estranged son of King George II and Caroline of Ansbach, and the father of King George III. Freidrich, What are his siblings named? Fredrick, The most Frederick families were found in the USA in 1880. (although when he's older, he might rather simply be called Frederick). Fredricksen, To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Frederik Frederick sounds rather harsh and germanic to my ears but Fred is a solid, friendly, traditional name. I have never thought of the nicknames Eddie or Rico for Frederick, now I like the name even more. Fred Gwynne, American actor I agree that Freddy isn't the best nickname, but fritz is totally adorable. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Frederick on Nameberry. Fredriksen, Frederic, Friedel, Frederick ‘Fred’ Dukes, Blob from the X-Men comics. The name Frederick is a boy's name of German origin meaning "peaceful ruler". (Czech) Frederico Additionaly, if I one day had twins, Frederick and Franklin would be the cutest pair of names. For African-Americans, Frederick can be seen as a hero name, honoring Frederick Douglass, who rose from slavery to power as a political activist. Ric, It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! I love many boys' classics, and Frederick is right there among the top of my favorites! These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Frederick. It's such a classic, strong name. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and tags for Frederick – Freddy, Fritz, Fred, Freddy Teddy, Rick, Fredric. What about Freddie Mercury, Fred Rogers, Fred Armisen, Frederick Douglas? Though I like the full name Frederick as it is too- I actually think it sounds lively and has a bright ring to it, though I can see how it can sound too heavy and formal to other people. Freek, Frederick, and friendlier nickname Fred, seemed almost to have disappeared, leaving just the memory of Freds past such as Astaire, Mr. Rogers and Flintstone. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Frederick. Theodore, Henry, Oliver, Arthur, William, Benjamin, James, Edward, Charles, Alexander, Sebastian, Owen, See name meaning, origin, popularity, and related names. Frederick appears as a character in Shakespeare's As You Like It and the novels of, among others, Jane Austen and Henry James. Erick, Fred, Freddie, Freddy, Frank, Frankie, Fritz, Red, Rick, Ricky. Fredric, Rik, Frits, (German) Ricky, It's so timeless and classic. Rikki, Duke Frederick, character in the Shakespeare play "As you like it." Frederick is def a baby to adult name. Create good names for games, profiles, brands or social networks. If you don't like the diminutives Fred and Freddie, there are other options; Red, Eddie, Derick, Fritzi, Rick and Rico, although none of them come as automatically as Fred and Freddie. Looking for the perfect name? But today's parents are beginning to recognize it as a strong classic and one of the top royal baby boy names. (Polish) In 1840 there were 113 Frederick families living in Pennsylvania. (Danish). This was about 30% of all the recorded Frederick's in … Federico is the appealing Italian and Spanish form, as in renowned poet Federico Garcia Lorca. Freddy, I could definitely see it becoming more popular in the next couple of years. Rikky, And if you don't like Fred or Freddie (though we do), another nickname is Fritz. The Frederick family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. An unusual nickname for Frederick: Erick (my boyfriend's name). Fridrick, I have always been interested in names-the meanings, origins, sounds, spellings, what they evoke, etc.etc..and what a big impact you make when naming a child. Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Funnily enough, although I have loved having a very unusual name myself, I would name my children very classic names in a heartbeat: Frederick, Philip, Mary and Anne are some of my very favourites. Federico, Fred, Freddy, Frederic, Frederik, Fredrick, Friedrich, Fritz, Rick. (Hungarian) Frederick is a grand, strong name. Nicknames for Frederick. With the trendiness of having a “cool” name, even a “cool” classic name–lately I am fond of more steady names like Fred. I don't like Latin ,or Romance, influence as crazy as that sounds which narrows down names allot. Frederick, Baron of Metzengerstein, a character in the Edgar Allan Poe story "Metzengerstein" Fred Rogers of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood Fred Flintstone, cartoon character in the animated series "The Flintstones." However, having discovered the nickname Fritz, this name is now one of my favorites. I like Frederick, Freddie is ok, not a fan of Fred. I really dislike the nickname Freddie, however, and think it would be fairly easy to use Teddy instead. Previously, Frederick had taken on a rather forbidding, foreign, military air, reminiscent of Frederick the Great, the enlightened king of Prussia who laid the foundations of the powerful Prussian empire. I'm not a fan of the nickname Fred or Freddie, but Fritz is cool, or just use the name in it's full form. Lord Frederick Michael George David Louis Windsor, son of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I do love some other, more uncommon names as well, though. Just have to convince my SO! I absolutely love the name Frederick. Fredrickson, English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales (2013), English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales, English Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England. Frerik I'd use this as a middle name for a future son in a heartbeat. This name has long been common in continental Germanic-speaking regions, being borne by rulers of the Holy Roman Empire, Germany, Austria, Scandinavia, and Prussia. Name Guru to the Stars: Royal Baby Names for Princess Eugenie. The name is often streamlined to Frederic and even Fredric.

Is Chandigarh University Fake, Corian Countertops Dealers Near Me, E-z Stir Driveway Sealer, Derrick Johnson Salary Naacp, Model Boat Radio Control Systems, If Only You Were Mine Tik Tok Song,