Orchid Story & Origins The name orchid is derived from the Greek word “orkhis”. understanding of how popular or unique this name is. Representing the toughest chicks around, these names are strong as could be and packing style! Send us an email if you have any questions or feedback. Infographic of Orchid name meaning, which is Referring to the beautiful flowering plant, Orchid is of Latin roots. In Greek mythology, Astraea is the goddess of justice, innocence and purity, but it was also the code name used by pioneering author, spy and modern-day feminist icon Aphra Behn. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Orchid. All Name Meanings Boy Name Meanings Girl Name Meanings The names have substantially slipped in popularity since then, and are currently of sporadic use. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. With thousands of names in our handbook, choosing the right on just got easier! With hipster girl names, you’ll see what picks are hanging just outside the mainstream and packing serious style. Citlali: Also spelled Citlalli, this sweet unisex Nahuatl name briefly rose into the US Top 1000 for girls … All fields are required *. But perhaps one of the most important decisions you’ll need to make soon is what you’re going to name your little angel. Names That Mean Orchid. ... Top Names That Mean Orchid. In the language of flowers, orchids symbolize love, beauty and sophistication. Name Meanings by Gender. Ivy. From the Cattleya genus of orchids. CALFURAY f Native American, Mapuche. Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name. Orchid may not be as popular as Rose or Lily, but she’s certainly just as beautiful. Your email address will not be published. How popular is the name Orchid? Acacia Adreana Adrian Anna Aster Caelyn Calla Cataleya Cathalea Chrysanthemum Connor Hashtagflowernames Iris Kataleya Lily Lola O Odell Oliver Oscar Poppy Rileyyyyyy Rose Rosemary Tulipa. Copyright © 2009-2020 Baby Names Pedia ", Leya What's BabyNameScience.com? To see famous people named Orchid, pop culture references for the name Orchid and nicknames & variations - visit Nameberry or Wikipedia. – Iris. Means "violet (flower)" in Mapuche. There are many types of orchids, with over 20,000 species in the world. Petal. This spelling of the name was popularized by the movie "Colombiana." Names that mean fox are the names for the unique category because these names are new in societies. We've found the following names that sound similar to Orchid, sorted by popularity. Get to know a new amazing name with fantasy names for girls. – ", Cattleya orchids were named for English botanist William Cattley. Find inspiration in these baby girl name lists featuring the name Orchid. (Spanish), In the documentary 'Black Fish', one of the orcas was called Orchid, and I instantly think of her. – Zodiac Baby Names: Super Sagittarius Choices. Aleya Get your flower power on with hippie girl names. With a quick glance you can easily tell if this name is increasing or declining in popularity - But note that its current popularity can actually Within the top 1000 baby names then, there was 1 Orchid name. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. Almost every name has a meaning, of course, but sometimes it’s less about what a name means and more about the impression that a name gives to people when they hear it. See the popularity of the girl's name Orchid over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. about | terms of use | privacy policy Sorry, popularity data for the name Orchid is not available. The name Orchid is a girl's name meaning "orchid flower". If you’re looking for beautiful girl names that’s so adorable, look no further as following list of heavenly charming names … To see famous people named Orchid, pop culture references for the name Orchid and nicknames & variations - visit Nameberry or Wikipedia. This exotic flower was named by an ancient Greek botanist named Theophrastos who thought that the fleshy underground tubers resembled the male anatomy. See Unique Names That Mean Orchid Rather than random suggestions or alphabetically sorted lists we'll give you smart suggestions based Similar to Orchid . Orchid origin and meaning Orchid is a 6 letter name with 2 syllables. :) In fact, with the few comments I've seen posted here, and knowing that only a few post while thousands read, and now are going to relate the two making it unusable to them, makes it all the more usable to me, as there as a higher chance it will stay rare. Orchid is an exotic hothouse bloom that has not been plucked by many modern baby namers — yet. Your Friends Will Digg These 10 Cool Names. You Have To See This. Orchid names are uncommon as baby girl names. Sage. namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. https://flo.health/pregnancy/choosing-a-name/flower-girl-names on your input and preferences. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Orchid names are uncommon as baby girl names. 11 Strange Celebrity Baby Names. This is an incredibly beautiful name regardless! But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! if you guys choose these names for your newborn baby then that will be a fresh name and unique also.. We also include the boy names and the girl names in this list. In 1900, 0.065% of baby girls were given Orchid names. :), I read the comments here lol prior to posting this comment. I used to like this till I learned the origin...it would be like naming her "testicle". Orchid names for baby girls, with 5 entries. 1. I can think of a single solitary person who would even relate the exotic bloom with.....that. Lily. The Cattley surname is based on a place name which comes from the roots "cat + field." From the mighty to the mysterious, we have them on one awesome list. Orchid origin and meaning Orchid is a 6 letter name with 2 syllables. 235 of them, at that. All rights reserved. If you enter John into Magic Baby Names, Mary will appear as a suggestion. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Orchid, try our name generator. Yay. Cattleya orchids were named for English botanist William Cattley. … :), Orchid doesn't even sound nice to begin with, let alone that area of anatomy. And....as a side note here...who on earth would even know the what it means in ancient Greek for goodness sakes? sort We'd love to hear from you. How? Aspen. Referring to the beautiful flowering plant, Orchid is of Latin roots. Cataleya Restrepo, played by actress Zoe Saldana, in the 2011 movie "Colombiana". What a stupid name for a beautiful flower. Violet. Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 101,101 names collected from 2,507,271 family trees, containing 123,800,095 people. Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! She’s quite similar to her floral sister Astrid but has an extra oomph of rarity. News to me! Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth. Then click "Continue". Search and select your last name. Give Your Baby A True Superhero Name. All Name Meanings Boy Name Meanings Girl Name Meanings However, I wouldn't hesitate to use this for a single solitary second, it's a gorgeous name, a beautiful flower and unmistakably rare. Try the Visitors Online: 1876 Today's Visits: 98711 Yesterday's Visits: 340410. Visitors Online: 1876 Today's Visits: 98711 Yesterday's Visits: 340410. Orchid names for baby girls, with 5 entries. I LOVE me some testicles. Orchid names are uncommon as baby girl names. #5 Is Really Cute. Thank heaven's. If you like Orchid, you’ll love these other names like Orchid. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! A diminutive is a name that’s like Orchid sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Orchid, but shorter. If you like how Orchid sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Orchid. These are some of the common questions you may want to have answered to know if this is the perfect name for your baby. If you are more interested in finding out the meaning of Chinese girl names, or you are a parent looking for the right Chinese name for your baby girl, here are 100 Popular Chinese girl names that are simply Cute. In Ancient Greek Orchid meant testicles, which is why the cancer awareness ribbon for testicular cancer is a shade of purple called Orchid. Know a Cataleya? From colorful picks to occupational names, we have them all there! Our team of researchers have gathered trends and insights for 30,000+ baby names over the last 100 years. Well, when you look at the roots of this flower they do look like testicles, so that's actually quite feasible. No, you don’t want a common name – we get that. Orquídia, Get to know a … From Mary (#1 in 1910) to Madison (#8 in 2012) - We have collected and organized names from over 290 million births to help you Poppy. Orchid names for baby girls, with 5 entries. Here’s everything we know. In a 1926 silent comedy, femme fatale Gloria Swanson played a burlesque chorus girl named Orchid Murphy. Willow. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Orchid. CALANTHE f English (Rare) From the name of a type of orchid, ultimately meaning "beautiful flower", derived from Greek καλός ( kalos) meaning "beautiful" and ἄνθος ( anthos) meaning "flower". clear Famous real-life people named Cataleya I would love Calantha or Calanthe, especially for a middle, though! But then again I live in the middle of the US, no where near Greece, so it's entirely irrelevant to me.

Buy Html5 Games Source Code, Utah Sunday Radio, Mountain Zebra Adaptations, Create Svg Map, Laravel Video Chat App, Pride Of Detroit, Dianne Doan Manny Jacinto, Bjorn Ironside Wives,