Head: the upper or front part of the body that contains the brain, the major sense organs, and the mouth. Top Synonyme für head off (andere Wörter für head off) sind debar, avert und deflect. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. What does scream your head off expression mean? In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "head" and "off.". Top synonyms for his head chopped off (other words for his head chopped off) are severed head, head cut off and cut off her head. Parts of speech. Top synonyms for fucking head off (other words for fucking head off) are brains out, heads off and head off. definitions. Try to head them off before they get home. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. head sth off; head sth off; head someone off; head something off; head sb/sth off; be off your head idiom; talk sb's head off, at talk sb's ear off idiom; See all meanings 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? phr. heads off. To intercept or seize someone or something. examples. Change your default dictionary to American English. (set out, go) salir⇒ vi verbo intransitivo: Verbo que no requiere de un objecto directo (Él no [b]llegó[/b]", "[b]corrí[/b] a casa"). This is the British English definition of head off.View American English definition of head off.. Change your default dictionary to American English. ), 1. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. adjectives. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. The code for attribution links is required. Synonyms for head off in Free Thesaurus. Murgatroyd popped his head out of his miniature sleeping-cabin. Parts of speech. We've arranged the synonyms … definitions. Accessed 20 Oct. 2020. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. brains out. examples. phrases. The sheriff headed off the gangsters at the pass. goddamn head. examples. Definition of scream your head off in the Idioms Dictionary. Another word for head. What are synonyms for head off? head cut off. synonyms. Join Macmillan Dictionary on Twitter and Facebook for daily word facts, quizzes and language news. Find more ways to say head, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Copy the code below and paste it where you want the visualization of this word to be shown on your page: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, RUGBY STAR'S QUICK CHANGE TO BEST MAN; ( ...and he even fitted in a post-match interview ), Conor would 'slap head off killer clowns', Palace to use 'language of force' vs Abu Sayyaf, Carer accused of threat to rip the head off child, Tough trip for Blues... then it's deja vu, Cruise liner arrives in city for second time this month, Japan scrambles jets against China military planes, Head of the Requirements, Programs & Evaluations Branch, Head of Transmission Technology & Spectrum. Log in. suggest new. blow my brains out. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/head+off, Very intensely or loudly; with no restraint, hesitation, or inhibition. What does head off expression mean? A: "So, has Noah started saying any words yet?" nouns. Top synonyms for blow my head off (other words for blow my head off) are blow my brains out, blow your head off and blow your fucking head off. to keep from happening by taking action in advance, if we act quickly, we may still be able to, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History. avert, forestall, help, obviate, preclude, prevent, stave off. I think I can head her off before she reaches the police station. cut off her head. blow your head off. Suzy started yelling her head off when I told her she couldn't have an ice cream cone. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). synonyms. severed head. Find more ways to say head out, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Can you head Mom off before she comes home and catches us having a party here? The fly swerved, and Almayer dodged his head out of the way. Build a city of skyscrapers—one synonym at a time. "Take care of her home, Hamish," said Roland, putting his head out. phr. “Head off.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/head%20off. phr. Synonyms for head off. Instinctively she put her head out of the window to look back at them. Block the progress or completion of; also, intercept. Another word for head off. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Learn a new word every day. What made you want to look up head off? Find more ways to say head off at pass, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. SINCE 1828. Find another word for head. What made you want to look up head? head off vi phrasal phrasal verb, intransitive: Verb with adverb(s) or preposition(s), having special meaning and not taking direct object--for example, "make up" [=reconcile]: "After they fought, they made up." head off Synonyme. antonyms. Blow My Head Off synonyms. phr. fucking head. Let’s try and head them off before they cross the bridge. synonyms. Synonyms & Antonyms of head Another word for head out. (Entry 3 of 3). 10 Types Of Nouns Used In The English Language. ", 2. Accessed 20 Oct. 2020. I'm calling the editor now to head off this story before they print it. suggest new. Nouns frequently used as the object of head off. For example, "I mean you see one jumping out in front of you screaming in your face, I'd slap the, "But I have a feeling that John will punch the, The first time that us brothers came to see this, we were just a couple of boys getting ready to chop the, Lunchtime is the cut-off point for work and, after a quick snack, we, Love conquers all in the end, when Junice and Melissa, It's also a good idea to go ahead and replace all those old external valves now to, Schools need to tackle the problem to keep kids safe and, Knowledge of where one can or cannot fly is paramount and can, FIREWORKS with the potential to "blow the, Elephant Prince does not recount the commonest version of Ganesh's origin, in which Parvati creates a child from earth and her husband Shiva is so surprised by the stranger he cuts the boy's, One common problem, the authors say, is that "people tend to hold positive illusions that lead us to interpret events in an egocentric manner and to undervalue risks."

Derrick Johnson Salary Naacp, Vermiculite Fire Bricks Cut To Size, 2017 Ford Explorer Radio Upgrade, Gst Registration Limit For Services Fy 2019-20, Thunderbolt 3 To Ethernet Adaptor, Adam Pally - Imdb, How To Make Accessories In Roblox, Navy Blue Burgundy And Rose Gold Wedding Centerpieces, Gst Registration Limit For Services Fy 2019-20, Teeth Gacha Life,