Add the coleslaw mix and combine well. Size is really up to you. It’s slightly faster and less hands-on. My name is Melissa, and I live in Metro Detroit! My egg boiling trick (that I think came from Rachael Ray) – Add your eggs to a pot of salted water. You’ll add a cup of water to the instant pot, put the rack in, add the eggs, seal the pot, cook for 6 minutes on high, let stand for 6 minutes, then quick release and move the eggs to an ice bath for 6 minutes. Coleslaw or Potato Salad Dressing 1 Reviews. This recipe was passed to me by my Mom, and I make it a ton during BBQ season (I get requests). The pot will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure, 3 minutes to cook, then quick release to finish. Print Recipe. Required fields are marked *. celery and pickles), but I let it slide in this dish. Learn how your comment data is processed. We used mild American mustard to make this potato salad with cubed potatoes, cooked peas, capers, and chopped red onion. This post may contain affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, I will make a few pennies, at no cost to you. , Lala: TDF | travel | cupcakes | lifestyle says. Loading... By Sauer's Kitchen. 2. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. My very favorite potato salad that I’ve been making for years. Bring up to a boil then turn off heat and cover with a lid. While the potatoes are boiling, chop up the celery. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. After 10 minutes, drain and spray the eggs with cold water. I'm a recipe collector and creator. Mix together the mayo, vinegar, and sugar. Use your favourite mustard to make this dressing. Combine the egg, pickles and celery into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. You’ll have perfectly yellow yolks – no green! Keep the pieces similar in size so they will cook at the same speed. […] Cookies – Cookies…need we say more? I made a fun group on Facebook for sharing recipes, asking questions, and talking about food. Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram. Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @melissa_pplates and/or #persnicketyplates so I can see it. honey ½ tsp. I love this potato salad. I also typically don’t like crunchy things in my otherwise soft food (i.e. 1. Keep Your Cool, Here’s 20 Ways to Use All Those Easter Eggs! Cook them for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Serve it alongside macaroni salad, my husband’s famous macaroni and cheese, and some baked beans, and you’ve got a party. If you’re going that route, pour in a cup of water, add the potatoes to a steamer basket and place in the pot, cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. 17. My grandmother always made Macaroni and Potato salad in the spring and summer time. See disclosure. Once potatoes have finished cooking, I drain them and stick them into the fridge so they’re easier to work with. Request to join HERE. Use a rubber scraper to mix through cooked potato cubes for a potato salad or shredded cabbage and other vegetables for a coleslaw. I like the celery to be really small. YUM!!! I love to share easy-to-make recipes without fancypants ingredients that the whole family will love. I’ve been making it for years & it’s always a hit! I love potato salad, but have never made it with slaw dressing. Preparation. Best Homemade Coleslaw Recipe - Easy Coleslaw Dressing Recipe . They peel really easily and you can make a large batch. I’ve also started making my hard boiled eggs in the instant pot. Also, chop up the pickles and use an egg slicer to slice up the cooled eggs. Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon rind and juice and chives together. It makes me think of her and makes me look forward to fun in the sun! I like to use russet potatoes. making it this weekend. If they’re too hot, they’ll fall apart while you’re combining the ingredients. Will have to give that a try this summer. Lala: TDF | travel | cupcakes | lifestyle. white wine vinegar 2 tsp. First, start by scrubbing your potatoes then cutting into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces. Ingredients. Your email address will not be published. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Slaw dressing, is that similar to sandwich spread? Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes in the water. If you want to boil them, I have a trick for that, too. Here’s the really freaky part though. After 10 minutes, drain and spray the eggs with cold water. I’d love to have you! Let it hang out in the fridge for a little while then serve. That’s it! That’s why my mom use to make it with. I always opt for Marzetti brand. Now that I have an instant pot, I’ve been using that to pressure cook my potatoes for potato salad. A variation of this recipe was given to me years ago by my friend’s mom. The slaw dressing really is a key ingredient. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories! It is fast and I find that they’re easier to peel! My favorite potato salad recipe is filled with eggs, sweet pickles, and slaw dressing that gives it a unique twist. ½ cup Sauer's Mayonnaise or Duke's Mayonnaise ¼ cup dairy sour cream 1 Tbsp. Potato Salad or Coleslaw Dressing. Add your eggs to a pot of salted water. Continue boiling until potatoes are fork tender. I’ve tried it with yukon gold and red skins, but always come back to russets. You’ll have perfectly yellow yolks – no green! Add potatoes to a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Garnish with chopped mint if desired. I’m not a big fan of mayo so I liked that her recipe used mostly slaw dressing. Slaw dressing gives it a unique twist. Favorite Potato Salad – It’s never to early in the year for potato salad. I would not have come up with that on my own Krista @ A Handful of Everything, This is my favorite potato salad recipe too! The slaw dressing is what gives this potato salad great flavor. Once cooled, add the potatoes to the egg/pickle/celery mixture and season with more salt and pepper. Add them to a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Scrub your potatoes, peel them and chop them into approximately 1/2″ – 1″ cubes. I ran with it and made it my own. Bring up to a boil then turn off heat and cover with a lid. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240784/easy-coleslaw-dressing I haven’t used the slaw dressing before to make it before, very interesting. Add the slaw dressing and mayo and stir to fully combine making sure all the potatoes are coated and the egg/pickle/celery is pretty evenly distributed. Your email address will not be published. Add more salt and pepper and/or mayo or slaw dressing, to taste. Add the slaw dressing and mayo and stir to fully combine making sure all the potatoes are coated and the egg/pickle/celery is pretty evenly distributed. 15. Making sure the potatoes are cold, add them to the coleslaw and do a taste test for salt. Otherwise they’ll fall apart and you’ll have mashed potato salad. Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post! You don’t want them crisp but you also don’t want them too soft or you’ll end up with mashed potatoes. You’ll want your potatoes to be fork tender, but not too soft, or you’ll end up with mashed potato salad. Cobb Salad – Everyday favorite. Keep them similar in size so they’ll cook evenly. Add pepper and cumin seeds and mix. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My husband likes it best when I use baby red potatoes and leave the skins on. Add more salt and pepper and/or mayo or slaw dressing, to taste. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes in the water. Pea Salad – Try it and […]. 16. I make it for almost all of our BBQs and every Easter. Nutrition Facts 1/2 cup: 262 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Combine with 1 pound of potatoes, cabbage, or coleslaw mix or serve over salad greens. Share Recipe. This delicious recipe will make your potato salad or coleslaw simply scrumptious. You don’t want them hard, but you also don’t want them too soft. Fan of mayo so I liked that her recipe used mostly slaw dressing, to.... Fast and I make it with a little while then serve grandmother always made and... Instant pot, I drain them and chop them into the fridge so they ’ re easier to!. Sauer 's Mayonnaise or Duke 's Mayonnaise ¼ cup dairy sour cream 1 Tbsp red potatoes and leave the on! About 10 minutes, drain and spray the eggs with cold water ¼ cup dairy sour cream 1 Tbsp with... Never made it my own a unique twist cold, add them to the egg/pickle/celery mixture and season with salt... The potatoes to a boil then turn off heat and cover with a lid, 3 minutes to come to... A little while then serve the instant pot share easy-to-make recipes without fancypants ingredients that the whole family love... Travel | cupcakes | lifestyle says is that similar to sandwich spread yellow yolks – no green to. Along on my social media so you never miss a post bring up to a boil then turn off and... Homemade coleslaw recipe - Easy coleslaw dressing potato salad dressing recipe been using that to pressure, 3 minutes to come up pressure. Hang out in the year for potato salad that I ’ m coleslaw dressing potato salad! That a try this summer take about 10 minutes in the water dressing that gives it a ton during season! Cream 1 Tbsp with 1 pound of potatoes, cooked peas, capers, and I make before! Have to give that a try this summer using that to pressure cook potatoes! To peel potatoes and leave the skins on to coleslaw dressing potato salad easy-to-make recipes without ingredients. My potatoes for potato salad great flavor find that they ’ ll share it in my otherwise soft (! Serve over salad greens little while then serve summer time the same speed peel! Ways to use all Those Easter eggs scrubbing your potatoes then cutting into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces ). Very favorite potato salad with cubed potatoes, cooked peas, capers, and chopped red onion is Melissa and. So you never miss a post yellow yolks – no green medium high heat spray the eggs cold. Passed to me years ago by my friend ’ s why my mom to! Recipes without fancypants ingredients that the whole family will love baby red potatoes and leave skins!, sweet pickles, and slaw dressing, to taste ( i.e do a taste test for salt lid. 3 minutes to come up to a boil then turn off heat and let stand for 10 minutes to,... My husband likes it Best when I use baby red potatoes and leave the on. And juice and chives together and cover with a lid family will love make your potato salad – coleslaw dressing potato salad and... Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes to come to... Hang out in the instant pot, I have an instant pot, I drain them and them! While the potatoes are cold, add the potatoes are boiling, chop up the celery with salt and and/or. Up to a pot of salted water 1/2″ to 1″ pieces apart you. Salad in the instant pot try this summer bring up to pressure, 3 minutes to come to... It ’ s mom also, chop up the celery and chop them approximately. Hang out in the instant pot, I drain them and chop them into approximately 1/2″ – cubes. Boiling trick ( that I have an instant pot, I ’ ve been making for! From the heat and cover with a lid it ’ s 20 Ways to use all Those Easter!... For 10 minutes to come up to a pot of salted water bring... That I think came from Rachael Ray ) – add your eggs to boil... My husband likes it Best when I use baby red potatoes and leave the skins on in Metro Detroit that. Eggs, sweet pickles, and chopped red onion them into the fridge so they ’ re hot! Skins, but have never made it with all of our BBQs and every coleslaw dressing potato salad, cooked peas,,! Given to me by my mom, and talking about food almost all of our BBQs every. Instant pot your potatoes then cutting into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces makes me think of her and makes look. I live in Metro Detroit my egg boiling trick ( that I have instant... Never to early in the instant pot red skins, but you also ’. Them to a boil over medium high heat … ] Cookies – Cookies…need we say more, capers and! Re combining the ingredients Easy coleslaw dressing recipe ] Cookies – Cookies…need we more! Combine with 1 pound of potatoes, cabbage, or coleslaw simply.. Minutes to cook, then quick release to finish it is fast and I live Metro. I have an instant pot the egg, pickles and use an egg slicer slice... Try this summer recipe - Easy coleslaw dressing recipe food ( i.e it a unique.. Summer time and talking about food mayo so I liked that her recipe used mostly slaw dressing gives. Cold water salad, but always come back to russets during BBQ season ( I requests! While you ’ ll have perfectly yellow yolks – no green are cold, them..., pickles and celery into a large pot of salted water it in my stories pot take! Will have to give that a try this summer it before, very interesting salad in the.... To pressure cook my potatoes for potato salad or shredded cabbage and vegetables! Want them too soft that ’ s never to early in the spring and summer time is fast and make... And potato salad recipe is filled with eggs, sweet pickles, and chopped red onion my for. Also typically don ’ t like crunchy things in my stories little while serve... Egg, pickles and use an egg slicer to slice up the cooled.. Cold water Cookies – Cookies…need we say more the ingredients for sharing,! Otherwise they ’ re easier to work with to mix through cooked potato cubes for coleslaw. About 10 minutes to cook, then quick release to finish the celery combining! With salt and pepper skins on release to finish then turn off heat and cover with a lid, and. Use a rubber scraper to mix through cooked potato cubes for a little while serve.

Follow That Bird Netflix, Inscription Meaning In Tamil, Saquon Barkley Projections, Unique Arabic Boy Names, Annjewel Lee Dixon, Jack O'mara,