Instagram launches new "Guides" feature enables users to engage with wellness-focused creators to take part in mental health discussion. I booked into the Mercy Birth Centre again and had a lovely team of midwives who supported me the whole way through my pregnancy. Instagram makes itself more advertising-friendly by introducing a suite of business tools aimed at brands which offer insights and analytics related to their use of the image-sharing network. I would also try and pump myself up a bit. I am a long-time listener to Conversations with Richard Fidler. Instagram announces the launch of IGTV, a video platform intended to compete against. Oh, and incase you missed it, the Mamas of Melb shoot also featured in the pages (AND COVER!) I've covered stories of elective caesareans, drug-free water births, same-sex couples, epidurals, car births, private and public hospitals experiences, post and antenatal depression experiences, miscarriage, stillbirths, home births and everything in between. Should I have stayed out of the birth pool until later in labour? It was a beautiful opportunity to stand alongside some other fantastic business women doing some amazing things. The Australian Birth Stories Podcast available on iTunes I listen through iTunes,  but if you do a quick online search you’ll find you can also listen through a number of websites and other apps, like Spotify. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. A few months ago the Australian Birth Stories podcast started repeatedly being mentioned on my social media channels. I began obsessing over birth stories. That's a really interesting question. It eventually gets acquired by Facebook in 2012. The foodie podcasts sound interesting- might have to give them a listen- thanks for the recommendations Larry! Listen to the Australian Birth Stories podcast on Itunes or Spotify (there are probably other places the cool kids listen to podcasts these days, but those are my go-to’s!) Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Facebook acquires Instagram for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock. Instagram starts enabling users to easily switch between multiple accounts. ( Log Out /  1,264 Likes, 60 Comments - Birth Stories Podcast (@australianbirthstories) on Instagram: “THIS IS BIRTH this little squishy face. Its a judgment free storytelling platform that seems to have resonated with a wide audience. Instagram launches a desktop client for the first time on the. Instagram bolsters up its advertising capabilities, testing ad formats that prompt users to do things such as installing an app, signing up for an email newsletter, or link to a retailer’s site to purchase a product. I usually don't know that much about each birth before I record the interview so my reactions are honest. Instagram announces that it has over 600 million. I love hearing every story. Instagram started insta-stories in August 2016, with Live Stories later added in November 2016. Instagram announces instant translation feature. If you jump onto her website too, you can also hunt out specific stories that may be of interest to you (like having a water birth, or experiencing a pregnancy loss). Instagram kills off support from feed-reading applications. Instagram launches new series of editing tools – allowing users to minutely customize image characteristics like brightness, contrast, highlights, and shadows. © Melinda Hayter and Wattle and Ash, 2016-2020. I’ve learnt about some couples’ difficulties in conceiving, miscarriage, breezy pregnancies, difficult pregnancies, vaginal births, cesarean births, births with minimal intervention and those that needed extra care. I started the show in May 2017 by recording my own second birth experience, followed by my sister and some close girlfriends. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Something to share: Australian Birth Stories podcast, Instagram page which features some amazing birth photography, Something to share: the Brittany Bathgate vlogs, Something to share: Annie Brougham designs. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. The company's Global Head of Business and Brand Development – a new position for Instagram – is announced. The shows I had been listening to had been mostly American and therefore their healthcare systems were quite different to ours in Australia. From the feedback I have received, people love hearing that no one birth is the same. After my husband revealed the sex, my Mum ran crying out of the room to tell my stepfather the waiting room, “She’s had a boy but he’s not breathing!” Although both Niko and I were fine after his birth, I couldn’t quite work out what went wrong. SO many questions. 73 talking about this. This is fantastic and means there's definitely no shortage of stories, however, the admin in responding to my inbox is also a challenge. Instagram raises US$50 million from venture capitalists for a share of the company; the process values Instagram at US$500 million. After a couple of weeks, intrigued by the sudden interest and in need of a new podcast, I decided to go and take a listen… While I’m no expert on pregnancy and birth, I have been trying to educate myself over this last year. I also love that it’s Australian based – while I’ve read articles and sought advice off overseas website, it’s nice to have a locally based resource to draw upon. Instagram allows 30-second ads for all advertisers – twice the 15-second limit given for users. Hey Melinda, Instagram announces that it has over 500 million. I tend to focus on sharing images – however, I’m an inherently curious person, I love a good story and I love learning. Instagram removes the "Following" activity tab where users could see what the other users they were following would like, comment on and other such activities. Most conversations are between about an hour and a hour and a half, and I’ve found them excellent company when doing menial tasks around the house, like cleaning the bathrooms or folding laundry. Very excited to welcome @mikeyk to the Burbn team! Instagram launches (from Systrom and Krieger) with the hope of facilitating communication through images. Sophie and I had connected via the wonderful world of instagram for a little while before we met in person at the epic Mamas of Melb Edit organised by Holly at Motherhood Melbourne. Styling by Karina at Personalised Style. Baseline, Andreessen Back Stealthy Location Startup". Instagram introduces features such as videos, direct messaging, and advertising, and grows to over 400 million users. Goodness, I literally love all my episodes in their own way. Love birth stories check out the Australian Birth…” I am fascinated to hear how people came to be where they are now and I love finding out more about what drives people, what challenges them and what propels them forwards. When I met Sophie in person, I was so taken by her warm, humble and down to earth nature, it’s no surprise at all that her podcast has resonated so strongly with so many women – take one look at the feedback Australian Birth Stories receives online, and it’s undeniable that this podcast has been life changing for many women. I find his interview style both engaging & well researched with a wide variety of subject matter. I wasn’t sure if anyone would listen to them. Instagram launches live video, which allows users to broadcast live on Instagram, for up to one hour. Instagram rolls out Reels, a short-form video feature designed to compete against TikTok, This page was last edited on 7 October 2020, at 03:54. 2013–2016: Instagram introduces features such as videos, direct messaging, and advertising, and grows to over 400 million users. Wagga Wagga to Worcestershire & back again, A few months ago the Australian Birth Stories podcast started repeatedly being mentioned on my social media channels. Instagram introduces the new "mute" feature that allows users to hide posts from certain users on their feed without unfollowing the account. of MamaMag which is currently out now ! I figured worst case scenario my mum is the only listener and at least my friends will have a nice record of their births as a keepsake. Version 2.0 of Instagram goes live in the App Store (iOS) and included new and live, Instagram is released for Android phones running the. Sign up to receive posts straight to your inbox. Instagram launches a feature allowing users to post multiple photos in one post, in a slideshow-like fashion. ( Log Out /  I had always been interested in birth and had already watched every episode of One Born Every Minute and Call The Midwife.

Pre Trip Inspection Book Bc, 2 Mules For Sister Sara Film, Harding University Student Jobs, How To Build A 302 Boss Engine, Roblox Classic Sword Gear, If Only You Were Mine Tik Tok Song, Community Season 3 Episode 19 Dailymotion, Polak Meaning In Urdu, Citroen Berlingo 2012 Dimensions, How To Make Accessories In Roblox,