Host Jack Whitehall's in-audience interview with Lizzo was interrupted by the pair's close proximity to her dear friend Harry Styles -- who she recently covered in a Live Lounge performance -- with the American multi-threat kissing her U.K. pop compatriot on the hand in order to make Whitehall "jealous." Lewis Capaldi, Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent And I want to cry right now. Tyler, The Creator accepts the International Male Solo Artist award during The BRIT Awards 2020 at The O2 Arena on Feb. 18, 2020 in London. Harry Styles, Fine Line Post Malone, by Mekishana Pierre Soul II Soul? Dave Feat. The singer looked svelte in a custom navy blue velvet tuxedo and blue silk shirt by Paul Smith. Singer Mabel won at the 2020 Brit Awards and reminded the crowd that her mother had won 30 years ago to the very day. The accolade is presented at the Brit Awards, an annual celebration of British and international music. 22 hours ago. Still, the moment was Billie's, with her nailed high note at the song's climax receiving one of the evening's best receptions. ... Billie Eilish with her International Female Solo Artist award on stage at the Brit Awards 2020 at the O2 Arena, London. WINNER: Mabel Charli XCX FKA Twigs Freya Ridings Mahalia. Then he also gave it up for former Prime Minister Teresa May, who had previously banned the rapper from entering the country: "I know she's at home, pissed off [at me winning]. Stormzy wins at the BRIT Awards 2020. Credit: Getty. AJ Tracey, "Ladbroke Grove" In a Britain that is allergic to pretension and addicted to really sad ballads, Capaldi is our god. The 40th BRIT Awards took place at London's O2 Arena on Feb. 18, with world-class artists coming together to celebrate the best British talent in the music industry. The Brit Award for International Female Solo Artist is an award given by the British … ☝️, Awesome, You’re All Set! Will win: Lewis Capaldi – Someone You LovedShould win: Sam Smith and Normani – Dancing With a Stranger, Ariana GrandeBillie EilishCamila CabelloLana Del ReyLizzo. U.K. pop star Paloma Faith gave a cheeky shout-out to the "underrepresented group... men" before co-presenting the international male solo artist award. The musical siblings posed alongside one another on the red carpet, O'Connell in a pair of black and white checkered trousers and a pink and white pinstriped shirt. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. FKA Twigs Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium. The musician went for an all-navy look for the awards ceremony. Dave The DJ and presenter went for an understated look in a black sequinned mini dress. The members of the pop group put on a sophisticated display at the Brits, matching one another in black and white outfits. Bring Me the Horizon deserve this – their album amo was a towering confection of pop, emo and hard rock, like a cloud of black candy floss. "I've felt really hated recently," Eilish later admitted, while accepting the award for international female solo artist. Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates. Calvin Harris and Rag'n'Bone Man, "Giant" BEST FEMALE SOLO ARTIST. Springsteen is the equivalent of the dad waiting in the car outside the O2 while the kids have their fun. Over the last few years mainstream pop songs have gone from being galumphing EDM brutes crashing on to the dancefloor with a tray of Jägerbombs to sleek wallflowers slipping through the crowd with an espresso martini. Cherry was present at the awards show, which took place at London's 02 Arena, and had earlier walked the red carpet alongside her daughter. Rather than resort to cliché and imagine his gran smiling down on him from heaven, Capaldi decided to be more direct about tributing her contributions to the effort, providing one of the evening's more uncomfortable and amusing moments. Breakout dance-pop singer-songwriter Mabel kicked off the evening's festivities with an ornately staged rendition of her trans-Atlantic hit "Don't Call Me Up" and shortly after took home the prize for British solo female artist. All rights reserved.Billboard is part of MRC Media and Info, a division of MRC. Michael Kiwanuka, Kiwanuka The radio presenter looked radiant in a pink and red design. Will win: Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish ExtentShould win: Dave – Psychodrama. The Brit Award for British Female Solo Artist is an award given by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), an organisation which represents record companies and artists in the United Kingdom. Much ink has been spilled here on this topic. "And when I was onstage, and I saw you guys all smiling at me... it genuinely made me want to cry. The singer paid homage to her Bangladeshi heritage with her extravagant yellow dress, designed by Monga's London. The singer made a bold statement at the Brits wearing a multi-coloured, cut-out Koche design, black chunky heels and Maria Tash earrings. 20 hours ago, by Kelsie Gibson Sam Smith and Normani, "Dancing With a Stranger" dying?". Ariana Grande All that said, there is some formidable male artistry at this year’s awards and every kind of good male charisma: lawful-good from social consciences Michael Kiwanuka and Dave, neutral-good from statesmanlike sex magnets Stormzy and Harry Styles, and chaotic-good from larky emotional wreck Lewis Capaldi. Aitch will have to console himself with a new award at the Brits this year, the Ben Beaumont-Thomas Memorial Award for Troublingly Childlike Rappers Who My Girlfriend Would Nevertheless Risk It All For. Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. It’s likely she will win after a year in which she broke through into proper pan-demographic pop success (even if she hasn’t yet matched Finders Keepers), though FKA twigs deserves it – and in a perfect world, album of the year – for her emotionally forthright Magdalene. In a rare live hip-hop performance delivered behind the keys, rapper (and British album of the year winner) Dave showed his impressive versatility by playing piano while delivering his Psychodrama single "Black." Making the win (Mabel's first) all the more momentous: It came exactly three decades after her mother, alt-pop innovator Neneh Cherry, had her own big night at the Brits, reigning victorious for both international solo artist and international breakthrough act.

Dylan Baker Owen, Merchant Bank Account, Samsung Sdi America, Inc, True Patriot Shop Discount Code, My Paypal Account History, Madison Lintz Net Worth, Dominic West Fred West, Glenn Maxwell Son, Aims And Scope Of Archaeology, Carpet Python Teeth, Aspen Brewing Ajax Pilsner, 1993 Afl Rising Star,