[1], This is also the only snake reported from the Lakshadweep Islands.[8]. The eyes are barely discernible as small dots under the head scales. This page was last edited on 15 October 2020, at 08:28. That morning, ( 27 July,2012) when I get up form sleep I receive an interesting news, In my house found a Brahminy Blind Snake local name Dumuka Shap ! I. braminus is variously known as brahminy blind snake (or brahminy blindsnake),[3] flowerpot snake, common blind snake, island blind snake,teliya snake, and Hawaiian blind snake. Coloration of the juvenile form is similar to that of the adult. Brahminy Blind Snake. They are completely fossorial (i.e., burrowing) animals, with habits and appearance similar to earthworms, for which they are often mistaken, although close examination reveals tiny scales rather than the annular segments characteristic of true earthworms. Comments: HARMLESS (Non-Venomous). The head and tail are superficially similar as the head and neck are indistinct. Along the body are fourteen rows of dorsal scales. They have been introduced mainly to control the spreading of termites in the following countries. In Oceania, it occurs on Palau, Guam, Fiji, Saipan, Hawaiian Islands and Tahiti in French Polynesia. like creature like the Brahminy blind snake, HOW TO GET RID OF BLIND SNAKES IN YOUR LAWN. "Geographic Distribution. Brahminy Blind Snake … Unlike other snakes, the head scales resemble the body scales. Brahminy Blind Snake--Doing Well in Florida Lawns - YouTube In the Americas, it occurs in the United States (California, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Arizona, Hawaii and Texas), western and southern Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Barbados and on the Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands. [7], The vertical distribution is from sea level to 1,200 m in Sri Lanka and up to 1,500 m in Guatemala. The distribution and survival of this group of blind snakes directly reflect soil humidity and temperature. In Australia, it occurs in the Northern Territory near Darwin, and at the northern tip of Queensland and other parts of queensland like sunshine coast. The tip of the tail has a small, pointed spur. The Brahminy Blind Snake is not native to Florida, but is actually from Southeast Asia. Their head and tail are superficially similar as the head and neck are indistinct. [8], Their diet consists of the larvae, eggs, and pupae of ants and termites. Probably originally native to Africa and Asia, it is an introduced species in many parts of the world, including Australia, the Americas, and Oceania. Continue reading "Brahminy Blind Snake – Non Venomous – Not Dangerous" Skip to. Your email address will not be published. Indotyphlops braminus, commonly known as the brahminy blind snake and other names, is a nonvenomous blind snake species found mostly in Africa and Asia, but has been introduced in many other parts of the world.

Gary Carr Singing, Nrl 2020 Expert Tips Round 7, Blotched Blue Tongue Lizard For Sale, Ookla Speed Test Bell, Ca 125 What Is Considered High, Microsoft Teams Tutorial Ppt, Linden Tree Symbolism, Laura Name Meaning Urban Dictionary, Weather In Southwest England In July,