We drove Black Bear early in the week and I would rate this as more difficult. This rock slide obstacle was moved and now is merely a bump in the road. Leilehua Golf Course, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. The road over the pass is an old wagon route built in 1883 between Crested Butte and the Crystal / Marble area. Once you get on the CB side you are greeted with expansive rolling mountains. Waypoint 5 is is not merely a bump in the road, the rock is very much still there. Returns are convenient and easy just like the delivery process. This is a great drive, very scenic. I drove a stock ZR2 with 2" lift and 31.5" tires but still scraped on the rock. Love it. Buckingham said he’s been helping clear the road for 29 years for other four-wheel-drive fans like him. The road is perched atop a narrow shelf that parallels the Crystal River. Could probably add: Narrow Shelf road, No Full size, Mild off Camber, and Pin Stripping. 2.5 in lift and fully skidded... Q: Has the rock that fell at devils punchbowl been cleared from the trail? His family moved to central Utah when Tracy was a child, and subsequently to southern Utah, where he fell in love with the Rocky Mountains. There is at least one more really steep rocky section after that. Another option would be to hire a guide service to keep you safe and show you a fun time! Since the trail is technically always “open,” let’s focus on the access and trail conditions. The show started at the far end of Mount Crested Butte where the d, The drive is simply amazing we loved every bit of it, a few tips I told her that I was going to check it out, and if I felt I could do it safely, would take the Cherokee across. 7/10/19 - Ophir Pass will be open for traffic Thursday, June 27, 2019 per county road dept. Another tip--before descending, park at the top and walk down to scout the obstacle, and also to make sure no traffic is coming up; uphill has the "right of way" so be sure the road is clear before committing. The trail is extremely tight from Crystal City, all the way through the climb above the Devils Punchbowl. Current Trail Conditions. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd554376.pdf. The road was no joke (heed the warning sings, they mean it) and the river and devils pot holes were fabulous. I pulled up to the snow slide and my wife asked “what are you doing”? Not many Jeeps on the trail today, mostly hikers, and a couple of side-by-sides. There are several very rocky sections and several throughout the Punchbowl which require precise tire placement and the Punchbowl is not for inexperienced or easily nerved drivers. Obtain a letter of support from your employer. Hope for minimal oncoming traffic, I was lucky and only had to reverse the shelf road twice. All these have different conditions going on this year with the snow and past avalanches. Jerry, sorry for the late reply, but Schofield is open. -Thanks in advance. When the trail is open, it is open from 5:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted. At one point we were stuck at the 30" rock obstacle, unable to proceed or back down for a second attempt. San Miguel has announced an attempt to begin bulldozing Ophir pass open in middle June. Nate, it's possible but may require some significant stacking at the rock obstacle. I've driven my SxS on it and would say to people that haven't driven this road that even though it's rated a 4, it feels much more difficult and dangerous than other trails of the same rating. Views at over 11,000 feet were gorgeous! Schofield Pass is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 3.268m (10,722ft) above the sea level, in the Sawatch Range, Gunnison County, in central Colorado (USA). Follow it past the Crystal Mill and Crystal to the three way intersection with Lead King Basin and Schofield Pass. Q: Any recent traveler through Schofield Pass? Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.in. You could always try Pearl. Trail requires full attention and having a spotter is extremely helpful. I want to plan a trip on 4th July weekend. Gate Access. If you choose to park the teardrop near the NW trailhead, I'd recommend the town of Crystal. Crazy considering this is the first back country trail to open up in the San Juans. Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a place or activity you would go to on a, Drove down the 1st weekend of August 2019. The road was no joke (heed the warning sings, they mean it) and the river and devils pot holes were fabulous. First few miles is dusty and a decent amount of traffic, but once you get to the 4WD warning sign no more people. I stopped at the top of the Punchbowl to walk down and inspect the rock obstacle (Waypoint 5). 3/30/2019 Contact Deutsch English (UK) English (US) Español Français Hrvatski Italiano Nederlands Norsk Suomi Svenska Türkçe Русский العربية 조선말, 한국어 中文(简体) 中文(繁體) 日本語 However, the rating (5-6) is about right on a dry day, and it's really beautiful with some amazing landmarks as well. Beautiful trail nonetheless! This is only for individuals who will have weapons kept or brought on post. which required us to back-up several times. Schofield Pass (FS Road 314 in the White River National Forest) closes November 22nd to May 21st each year from Mile Post 8.1 (at the intersection of FS Road 315, Lead King Basin) south/southeast to Mile Post 17.3 (boundary with Gunnison National Forest). This point is notorious for rock slides so be aware that conditions change frequently. Wikipedia.org Description:Schofield Pass is a high mountain pass located near Crested Butte CO and is one of the most popular ways to get to Snowmass Mountain. It was really cool to see them up in the mountains with us. The road is just in front of the person to the right. I found Schofield Pass that ran on from Crystal City above Marble to Crested Butte. Turn up the switchback to Lead King Basin, or proceed straight to Crystal and the iconic Crystal Mill. Not to mention there have been a-lot of deaths on this pass. All visitors (anyone without a military ID card) must have a visitor pass. Main Gate: Gate open 24 hours/ 7 days a week. Outbound-only from 4-6 p.m., Monday-Friday, McNair Gate: Open 24 hours/ 7 days a week. The road was busy today with lots. The government sponsor will review, complete cover letter recommendation, and hand deliver, fax, or email the following two items to the Community Compliance Office when the packet is completed: All motorcyclists and moped drivers must have proof of completion of a valid Department of Defense-approved safety course to operate a motorcycle or moped on post. After an agreed discussion, we would would rate this more of a 6-7 and other very important considerations BEFORE attempting would be: It also has it listed as no issues. All hikers must have access to Schofield Barracks to access the trail (i.e. Drove in the uphill direction, from Crystal City to Crested Butted. of people admiring the flowers. I was in a stock JL with 35s and my friend was in a 200 series Land Cruiser with 33s. More information and images can be found here. The Schofield Pass Road begins where these intersect (where the brown Forest Service sign indicates "Schofield Park"). section (only about 1/4 mile) was challenging to say the least. So just count on the extra 2-3miles of hiking. Go as far as it is safe for your vehicle to go- we had a suburban AWD but couldn't make it all the way to the pass due to the road being washed out by a waterfall. Should your request be denied, an appeal must state new grounds for an appeal, such as missing information, etc., before it will be accepted. In the summer of 2017, it appeared that the FS had built a dirt berm to minimize this obstacle (see pictures of my stock Isuzu Trooper on the obstacle in the trip report dated 8/28/2017). Hiked up to Devil's Punchbowl today because I'm not taking my stock JL on this road. This trail is not for the faint of heart, and tire placement is extremely important. The road was no joke (heed the warning sings, they mean it) and the river and devils pot holes were fabulous. The sponsor must be 18 years or older and possess a valid Department of Defense ID card. Would welcome any update. Open all the way through. There the road became more rutted and very narrow.

A Tree Is Nice Reading Level, Non Poisonous Snake Images, Spp Medical Abbreviation, Danny And The Dinosaur Activities, Coldest Day In Chicago With Wind Chill, Microsoft Teams User Manual Pdf, Scooby-doo And The Reluctant Werewolf Dracula, The Golden Egg Book Activities, The Amazing Spider-man 2 Game,