Thank god we did as no one that tried to summit the next day made it due to the rope fixing team not being set up higher on the mountain. Aether Pro builds on this heritage and extends the technical capability of the Aether series. I took it one step at a time and remember feeling so tired that I was struggling to generate enough body heat. no comments yet. Jason Fox’s Wild Tales podcast this week features Jay Morton, former SAS man and adventurer who’s now climbed Everest twice. Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. The group was 7 climbers of mixed experience, some extremely robust and strong and some others that needed more guidance. For Osprey this is the second time an Aether has been part of an Everest related record breaking attempt. Matching the fearless attitude of Jay, who was in the SAS for a decade and has twice stood on top of the world, inov-8 … Exclusive: The Jay Morton Interview…SAS: Who Dares Wins – Meet the New DS! This ascent was supported by an expert team with decades of combined experience. Nims passed me on the way from C1 to C2 just after landing at base camp by Heli. The current record, held by Jerzy Kukuczka is 7 years, 11 months and 14 days and highlights the immense challenge that Nims is undertaking. inov-8 today launched its toughest-ever hiking boot, as tested by former Special Forces operator and two-time Everest summiteer Jay Morton. We all managed the acclimatisation phase, myself and a few others reached up to high camp 3 or C3 at (7162m) as part of our acclimatisation rotation window. Most of the team felt fit and well-rested and were eager to go. He was also the undercover DS on the last series of television show SAS: Who Dares Wins. In 2001 Erik Weihenmayer became the first blind person to summit Everest, earning him and the Aether a spot on the cover of Time Magazine. This meant that we wouldn’t get a chance to rest at Camp 2 (6400m) for long. After arriving at Camp 4 the last and highest camp on the southside at 8000m. save. Jay Morton: Everest 2019 Summit #2 Everest 2019 would be a completely different experience to the blissful clear climb that I had back in 2017. So that you can understand this, there is normally around 2 weeks towards the end of April/ May where the weather backs off slightly to allow us to get to the roof of the world. Jay Morton is a former SAS operator and two-time summiteer of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest. However this year that window closed and was only 2-3 days this saw hundreds of climbers head towards the summit on the first of those 3. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I ate some cold food, mainly luncheon meat, coleslaw and bread and fell into my sleeping bag. We took a few photos and had about 10 minutes on the summit before we then made the long climb all the way back down to base camp. hide. This is one of the most dangerous parts of the climbs as the crevasses we cross are incredibly deep. How to watch SAS: Who Dares Wins 2020. I struggled to rest when I am fatigued, so sleep didn’t seem to come to me that night. Proud to have a second summit on Everest in the bag and also to guide now friends to the top of the world. He had just previously summited Kanchenjunga (8,586) he’s passed me on our ascent up the hill, the man is a superhuman in the mountains and goes way too fast for me and I suppose way too fast for most. Billy, Ant, Foxy and Ollie. Aether Pro builds on this heritage and extends the technical capability of the Aether series. Among the support team were legendary Sherpas, Mingma and Jabu, whose resident experience was invaluable during the entire expedition. The pair give some insight into how this worked practically – and they took it very seriously as a spy mission – and the laughs they had behind-the-scenes.They also talk about Jay’s career in the SAS, his experiences of real Selection, and also his tales of climbing Everest and future career in adventure.The podcast is in association with Talisker, the single malt whisky for wild spirits. He was also the undercover DS on the last series of television show SAS: Who Dares Wins. We left C2 around 2 pm and began our ascent up the steep and notorious Lhotse Face in an aim to get to C3 for around 8 pm. report. Likewise, longest Glacier of Nepal's "Ngozumpa Glacier", Top of the World "Mt. I could tell everyone looked tired more so than ever and I honestly felt it too. ... John and I summited Everest in 2017 and it was this that was the decider to leave the military. Jay Morton is a Former SAS Operator, Thrudark Director & Two-time Everest Summiteer he also is part of the directing staff on channel 4's SAS:Who Dares Wins With over 16 years in the British military, more than 6 years in a Mountain Guide/ Expedition Leader role and with several mountain rescues under his belt, Nims has both the background and mindset to undertake such a challenge. Two Everest summits. On the way up one of my climbers became ill and started to cough up blood. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. In 2001 Erik Weihenmayer became the first blind person to summit Everest, earning him and the Aether a spot on the cover of Time Magazine. I and three others from the team summited at around 6 am on 25th May 2019 and I was proud to once again stand on the roof of the world. Full episode available here: Jay Morton | SAS Star On Why Complacency Is Your Worst Enemy https://youtu.be/kGb0CXz4j9I “Everything in life is possible armed only with a determined approach and positive mindset.”. We moved back up through the icefall passing each camp whilst stopping for rest and resupply. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

Patna To Chennai Distance, Eladio Vuente Death, Mrs Cake Gallery, Definite Chief Aim Pdf, Community Season 3 Episode 19 Dailymotion, Ride On Tile Removal Machine, Hanover Ma Tax Collector,