", Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Pentagon reiterates that troops have no role in US election – that includes vets at polls, British supermarket chain launches frozen chicken nugget into space to celebrate anniversary. More than a year after Jussie Smollett was accused of lying to police about being the victim of a hate crime, his younger sister is speaking out. “Jussie is a son, a brother, a partner, a champion for human rights, and a genuine soul who would never be capable of what he was falsely accused of,” the family said. Those charges were later dropped, but in February, a grand jury revived the case against him with a six-count indictment. Mail. "One of the most painful things my family's ever experienced — to love someone as much as we love my brother, and to watch someone who you love that much go through something like this, that is so public, has been devastating," Jurnee admitted. Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. In February, however, Smollett was indicted again on similar charges, alleging he made "four separate false reports to Chicago Police Department officers related to his false claims that he was the victim of a hate crime. To love someone as much as we love my brother, and to watch someone who you love that much go through something like this, that is so public, has been devastating. “Everyone who knows me knows that I love my brother,” she added, “and I believe my brother.”. Twitter. “It’s been fucking painful, one of the most painful things my family’s ever experienced,” she said. They whispered that you couldn’t do it. And the star of “Friday Night Lights” and “True Blood” is standing by her sibling all the way. Because it never was about you, it was about us, the “others”. Her father was Jewish, with ancestors from Russia and Poland, while her mother is African American. My own relative told me I was wasting my time, going state to state, knocking on doors for this guy with the funny name. The Smollett family also released a statement at the time, calling Jussie an “innocent man whose name and character has been unjustly smeared” by “painful incidents” throughout the case. 4.6m Followers, 747 Following, 1,014 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from @jussiesmollett She is the fourth of six siblings, all performers: one sister, Jazz, and four brothers, Jussie, JoJo, Jake, and Jocqui. Today is National Voter Registration Day! Actress Jurnee Smollett, whose brother is Jussie Smollett, told a Television Critics Association panel that black Americans are still on a “quest” to “bring down white supremacy.”, Jurnee Smollett, who began her career on the television sitcoms “On Our Own” (1994–1995) and “Full House” (1992–1994), stars in HBO’s “Lovecraft Country,” which is set in the 1950’s and tells the story of Smollett as Letitia Lewis, who helps her friend, Atticus Freeman, played by Jonathan Majors, find his missing father as they travel from Chicago through America. Smollett-Bell supported her brother Jussie’s claims even after evidence seems to suggest it was an elaborately staged hoax. The "Lovecraft Country" actor is standing by her brother, who last year was accused of staging a racist and anti-LGBTQ hate crime. Said he was too young, too black, too different…he was an other. That is a very explosive statement - and it will likely have ramifications across Hollywood. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member. Jussie Smollett’s Sister: Black Americans On ‘Quest’ To ‘Bring Down White Supremacy’ By Hank Berrien • Aug 16, 2020 DailyWire.com • Facebook. "I look at him sometimes and I'm like, 'He's so strong,'" she added. Jurnee Smollett and her husband Josiah Bell are reportedly splitting. She also defended Jussie's innocence, adding, "Everyone who knows me knows that I love my brother and I believe my brother. In January 2019, Jussie Smollett told Chicago police he was attacked in a racist and anti-LGBTQ hate crime. Jussie Smollett's sister, Jurnee, has broken her silence to speak about the "devastating" effects that her brother's scandal has had on their family. She is the fourth of six siblings, all performers: one sister, Jazz, and four brothers, Jussie, JoJo, Jake, and Jocqui. Smollett has discussed experiencing sexual harassment since the age of 12 while working on and off the sets of films she worked. ', After the charges were dropped, Smollett told reporters, “I’ve been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one.”, He added, “I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of doing what I was accused of.”.

Harding University Student Jobs, Powerpuff Girls Z Episodes, Therma-tru Door Dealers Near Me, Vermiculite Fire Bricks Cut To Size, If Only You Were Mine Tik Tok Song, 1st Degree Kidnapping, Citroen Berlingo 2012 Dimensions, Vich Meaning In English,