[83] The next day, Rihanna performed "What's My Name?" The album produced seven singles, including the international hits "Only Girl (In the World)", "What's My Name? To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). ", and "S&M". I've tried multiple turntables to ensure it was not an adjustment issue but on each one, the right channel is very faint/weak/scratchy and even goes in and out sometimes. If You Were Me Right Now I'd Be Dead 2. A dance-pop and R&B album, Loud differs from Rihanna's previous record, Rated R (2009), which incorporates a prominently foreboding and angry tone and dark themes. LOUD by Doctor Nerve, released 13 February 2020 1. The album was a commercial success; it debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 chart, with sales of 207,000 copies, the highest first-week sales of her career at the time. As others have pointed out... this album has the most variety within it of all her albums and yet it still sounds cohesive. [7], Stargate's Tor Erik Hermansen, said "Rihanna came to us before we started recording 'Only Girl (In the World)' and said 'I feel great about myself. [38] Mark Savage from BBC News described the song as a funky, loping guitar groove for a night out on the town. It is a great version of the song. Loud is the fifth studio album by Barbadian recording artist Rihanna, first released on November 12, 2010 by Def Jam Recordings. "Music – Singles Review – Rihanna ft. Drake: 'What's My Name? [127] However, in its fourteenth week, the album dipped to number ten on the Billboard 200 with 45,000 copies sold. [49] The song reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, in the UK, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium (Wallonia), Ireland, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Norway and Slovakia, becoming one of her best charting songs to date. ", "Rihanna's 'What's My Name?' [144] Loud debuted at number two on the German Albums Chart. [36] "S&M", the album's fourth US single and third international single, was solicited to US mainstream radio on January 25, 2011. [58] Reception of "S&M" was mixed; some reviewers criticized the overt use of sexual lyrics while others noted it as a stand-out track from Loud. [44] "Complicated" was produced by Tricky Stewart and Ester Dean. Eminem], © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. On MTV's 'The Seven,' Live In Times Square – MTV Buzzworthy Blog", "Rihanna performs 'What's My Name' on the Late Show with David Letterman", "Rihanna Has 'Good Morning America' Seeing Red (In A Good Way) | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on", "Rihanna Opens American Music Awards With Island Flavor", "Rihanna Performs On 'X-Factor,' Flashes The Papparazzi – The Juice", "Rihanna & Drake's Grammys Performance 2011 (VIDEO, PHOTOS)", "Rihanna and Cee Lo Green triumph at the Brit Awards", "Rihanna 'fuming' about S&M request from Brits organisers", "Click Track – Music exec slams Grammys; Rihanna, Drake and Kanye do NBA All-Star halftime; "Glee" coming to Verizon Center", "Rihanna To Perform 'California King Bed' At ACM Awards", "Rihanna Brings Her 'California King Bed' To 'American Idol' – Music, Celebrity, Artist News", "Rihanna migrates to Milan for Nivea's 100th Anniversary", "Britney Spears, Rihanna Kick Off Billboard Music Awards", "Parents council slams sexy Rihanna-Britney Billboard antics", "Rihanna To Kick Off North American 'Loud' Tour in June", "Além do Rock in Rio, Rihanna fará shows em São Paulo e Brasília", "Rihanna – Rihanna Plans To Make Fans Part Of Her Loud Show", "Rihanna takes shots, brings out Kanye West at N.Y show", "Rihanna is loud, sexy and larger than life", "2012 Grammy Nominations: Kanye West Tops The List", "Rihanna makes noise on charts with first No.1 single, first week album sales", "Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 11/28/2010", "Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 2/13/2011", "Week Ending Feb. 20, 2011: Albums: An Early Birthday Present", "Week Ending Feb. 27, 2011: Albums: All About Adele", "Adele, Katy Perry Rule Mid-Year SoundScan Charts", "American album certifications – Rihanna – Loud", "Ask Billboard: Rihanna's Best-Selling Songs & Albums", "Canadian album certifications – Rihanna – Good Girl Gone Bad", "Top Albums : Grégoire danse en tête grâce à 23 559 fans", "Disques : Mylène Farmer toujours en tete, les pretes et Nolwenn en Hausse (Records: Mylène Farmer still leads, Priests and Nolwenn up)", "Rihanna choisit "Right Now" (feat. Rihanna described the song as a fun song that differs from the original, referring to the 1979 single by The Weather Girls with similar title "It's Raining Men". [141] In its second week on the Australian Albums Chart, Loud was certified platinum for shipments of over 70,000 copies. I want to go back to having fun, I want to make happy and up-tempo records'. It is an up-tempo dance-pop song that incorporates elements of eurodance in its production. Leah Greenblatt from Entertainment Weekly said "Even while telling a recalcitrant man how hard he is to love, she [Rihanna] sounds almost buoyant, her newly expanded vocals eager to scale the song's high-altitude house beat". [123], Loud debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 chart, with first-week sales of 207,000 copies in the United States, giving Rihanna her highest first-week sales in the US at that time. Loud is the fifth studio album by Barbadian singer Rihanna. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It was sent to US Hot/Modern adult contemporary radio on May 16, 2011. Reviewed in the United States on April 2, 2020. [78] Rihanna performed "Only Girl (In the World)" at the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards in Madrid, Spain, on November 7, 2010,[79] on the X Factor in Italy on November 9, 2010,[80] and on Le Grand Journal in France on November 10, 2010. So colorful the album. This record produced several hit songs, including number one hits Only Girl (In the World), What's My Name? [142] In Italy, the album reached number eleven. [105] The tour was received positively by critics, with some calling it "Rihanna's best tour yet". [86], On December 11, 2010, Rihanna returned to series seven of the UK's The X Factor, to perform "Unfaithful" with finalist Matt Cardle, as well as a solo of "What's My Name?". [96] Rihanna performed on NBC's Today show on May 27, 2011 as part of a Summer Concert Series. "Rihanna Calls Drake The 'Only Person' For 'What's My Name' Remix". [115] Ed Power of Hot Press complimented its "unabashedly subtext-free" songs and found its hooks "way beyond addictive. She performed ten shows at London's O2 Arena. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2011. She began singing at around the age …, Robyn Rihanna Fenty (born February 20, 1988), known by her stage name, Rihanna, is a Bajan singer. Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC. [39] "Only Girl (In the World)" was the third song from the album produced by Stargate. [56], "Raining Men", was sent to urban radio on December 7, 2010 as an urban radio single and third track from Loud as a single in the US. Our bar for this album is Michael Jackson's Thriller. [70] The song peaked at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100,[71] and number twelve on the US Pop Songs chart.

The Titans Curse Summary, Mass Of Black Hole In Kg, Percy Jackson's Greek Gods Summary, Rattled Meaning In Bengali, Westworld Caleb Actor, Pittsburgh Voting Districts, Tyron Smith Contract,