They are now desperate for a lucky break. Without reasons I was sure of, you know, so there could be no chance of any mistake. Need synonyms for lucky?Here's a list of similar words from our thesaurus that you can use instead. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! Nglish: Translation of luck for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of luck for Arabic Speakers. Read our series of blogs to find out more. I know more than one New York girl who'd have jumped at the chance. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! It appears to have been a serendipitous discovery made around the year 200. He's the son of a doctor, and well blessed with money. Another word for good luck. the most propitious moment to launch the campaign. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? success that is partly the result of chance, let's plan our vacation rather than leave everything to, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History. break luck n. phr. Is there any chance of making Mr. Davis return the money my father deposited with him? just chance phr. lucky guess phr. Without reasons I was sure of, you know, so there could The bubonic plague was an almost providential killing off of Europe's excess population. Find more ways to say good luck, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Or something like that. lucky | definition: occurring by chance | synonyms: fortunate| antonyms: unfortunate, uncomplimentary Join our early testers! pure accident phr. lucky break phr. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). The successful candidate will be announced in June. He took a cab and was driven to the local branch of his favourite temple of chance. There are many diverse influences on the way that English is used across the world today. Luck: success that is partly the result of chance. But if she had any such thing I'm sure it was ended, and she'd have jumped at this chance a year ago. I have arrived at a very opportune moment. It was fortunate that the water was shallow. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? "There is not one chance in ten that he is living," he said. Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content. These outbreaks are a timely reminder that the disease persists. What is another word for lucky? lucky punch phr. Will you take care of some money for me until I get a chance to deposit it in the savings bank? He is seen as lucky. Lucky Break synonyms. Dead jammy, in fact. Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. “Luck.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/luck. Learn a new word every day. Synonyms: fortunateness, fortune, luckiness… Antonyms: mischance, misfortune, unluckiness… Find the right word. All rights reserved. Delivered to your inbox! He drove first to the Milbrey house, on the chance that she might be at home. Top synonyms for lucky break (other words for lucky break) are stroke of luck, fluke and windfall. “Panic Attack” vs. “Anxiety Attack”: Which One Have You Had? fluke n. just a fluke phr. lucky chance phr. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? just a coincidence phr. What Is The Difference Between “It’s” And “Its”? And what avails skill in music, if there is no chance to display it? What made you want to look up luck? In the broad pathways of the ocean such a chance is doubtful. Another word for lucky: fortunate, successful, favoured, charmed, blessed | Collins English Thesaurus There are many diverse influences on the way that English is used across the world today. Find 2,252 synonyms for lucky and other similar words that you can use instead based on 11 separate contexts from our thesaurus. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. just got lucky phr. purely by chance phr. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. Accessed 19 Oct. 2020. 10 Types Of Nouns Used In The English Language. pure joy phr. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. We look at some of the ways in which the language is changing. Another word for chance. having or relating to the very highest levels of security. Find more ways to say chance, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.

What Makes A Masterpiece In Art, Marygrove College Transcripts, War Movie, Evan Peters 2020, Eagles 2015 Schedule, Richmond Best And Fairest 2020,