But he got lucky that it deflected right back to him as he was running toward the end zone. The sky IS NOT falling. Cam Newton Trade Talk: Steelers Top Potential Fits for Panthers QB. If the Titans want to start new with a new quarterback in 2020, the Titans need to trade Mariota for some 2020 draft capital. If they want to lose. Matt Moore is better than Mariota. The Steelers are currently hurting at the quarterback position. With Bridgewater now cementing his place as number 2 in N.O, Hill is expendable and should be garnering some attention as trade bait (with a much lower cap hit). Mitch Trubisky is regressing further and further by the week. The Titans need to make the decision sooner rather than later on whether or not to stick with Mariota. According to a report, the Tennessee Titans are “not looking to trade” quarterback Marcus Mariota. Mariota had a rough season last year. Why not? He needs to be in a stable system (which he has yet to have in his career) to learn. We'll never pass along your email address to spammers, scammers, or the like. Getting a pick for him in a trade would at least be some compensation. It takes months of rehearsal. Now that Ryan Tannehill is the Tennessee Titans’ starting quarterback, the team has a decision to make with quarterback Marcus Mariota before the NFL trade deadline passes on October 29th at 3 p.m. CDT. I love Mariota & everything he stands for, but I think he’s playing scared right now. Considering how dire the need is for quarterback play in the league, there are several options. Trading for Andy Dalton or CJ Bethard would be their best options. Of course, if such a scenario took place, the Titans’ 2019 season would probably be done for anyway. Will Titans' Henry be able to keep up this pace? It’s worth mentioning that the NFL changed the rules regarding … Mariota would almost certainly benefit from going to KC. "I love the way he plays," Carr continued. I’d guess a mid- to late-round pick would be the best the Titans could hope for in return, but it’s still better than letting Mariota walk for nothing next offseason. A second-round pick shouldn’t be out of the question for an asking price, either. Once or twice a game that happens. I love his game. Do you hold on to Mariota knowing he might sit on the bench the rest of the year and then walk in free agency in 2020? Usually when he gets halfway decent protection. Of course, coach Andy Reid can whisper any quarterback into the best version of himself, and perhaps Moore (who was out of football last year due in part to the fact that, as one source explained it to PFT, Moore’s arm was “shot”) can hold it together in Mahomes’ absence. Indeed, Mariota and the Titans beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead Stadium in the last game of Alex Smith‘s tenure with the team. The party is officially over in Tennessee. Benched by the Titans, it appears that he has no future there. If the Titans elect to keep Mariota, it’s likely the Titans could only afford to keep one or possibly two players between running back Derrick Henry, offensive tackle Dennis Kelly, Jack Conklin and cornerback Logan Ryan. Only a fool would continue with option #1. Mariota will be a free agent after the season ends and his odds of returning are almost non-existent. He doesn’t throw down field. The Tennessee Titans benched the former #2 overall pick in favor of backup Ryan Tannehill. I mean as a Titans fan I am all for it. Even with using draft picks to trade for players the Chiefs defensive is at best no better then the really bad defensive of last year. Then they’d really be screwed. What does Mariota's signing mean for Derek Carr? Mariota just got benched for a reason; he’s not a good quarterback. The NFL's investigation into the Titans' COVID-19 breakout won't result in any major discipline for the club according to NFL Media's Tom Pelissero. Today was the first day that Raiders’ quarterback Marcus Mariota was eligible to return to practice and return he did. A variety of factors kept Mariota from developing as a quarterback. Sure. Adjust your offense to this kid's skill set.". Powered by Minute Media © 2020 All Rights Reserved. And then you could keep him over Moore going forward. In fact, he has a passer rating of 90.62 when he’s sacked two times or fewer in a game. Should We Expect A Bulls Trade Before The Draft? (Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images). ESPN's Turron Davenport contributed to this report. Trubisky has missed one full game and most of another this season. This was brought on after two rough outings against the Buffalo Bills and Denver Broncos where he was sacked eight times and threw two interceptions. Winston has a whopping six turnovers against Carolina in London Week 6, and while Arians is hoping his fifth-year quarterback can play at a consistent and relatively turnover-free level, he did note that if he sees another game like it, that could present a problem. And #1 has already proven he’s not the guy! a question was asked on this board how can KC beat the patriots if mahomes cant do it. NFL Week 6 takeaways: A U-G-L-Y showing for the Patriots. "His eyes stayed down field," Gruden said in 2015. Then Tannehill responded in his first start with over 300 yards and two touchdowns against the Chargers. The Titans are not looking to trade Marcus Mariota, and the now backup quarterback is not seeking a trade, Terry McCormick of titaninsider.com reports. (0:56). RobfromAmarillo says: By the time Mariota or Eli or some other bad QB learns the system Mahomes will be back or they will be out of the playoffs. His skill set is a perfect fit for the offense the Bears like to run. Mariota will be a free agent after the season ends and his odds of returning are almost non-existent. Vincent Bonsignore confirms that Mariota is being placed on injured reserve. Powered by. Bears offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich was his coach and mentor at Oregon, and that could be a factor here, as well. While Mariota’s numbers have been mostly respectable with so many things working against him, there’s a sense the Titans need to start looking at a fresh start at the position. He hasn’t had any major or reconstructive surgeries and turns 26 at the end of the month, so he is potentially just entering his prime. This is what he's going to have to learn. The RBs will shoulder the load and then Moore will hit the quick bomb to Hill and the other guys. Case Keenum clearly has not been the answer. This despite being sacked 155 times in just 62 games. "I love him," Carr said at the time, when both quarterbacks were returning from broken legs suffered late in the 2016 season. Given his body of work, why would any team trade for Mariota? Marcus Mariota trade makes sense for the Bears. Why? Much of the final decision depends on how much time Mahomes will miss. The question is, will Mariota or any other QB be enough to beat the Patriots this year (Mahomes is already 0 and 2) so that QB would have to better than Mahomes, to justify using already sparse draft picks for a season that would be lost when the team desperately still needs defensive players and O-line help. Pelissero on Monday reported on Twitter that Tennessee could be fined for the outbreak that forced the NFL to alter their schedule, but there won't be any forfeited games, lost draft picks, or individual discipline for any player. His contract is also up this year, and after this benching, it seems the Titans could be ready to move on from Mariota. Mariota, the second overall pick in the 2015 draft, yielded his starting job to Ryan Tannehill this past season after struggling to a 2-4 record. A move for a quarterback might be just the ticket. While he has missed time every season due to injuries, his most significant injury to date has been a broken fibula. With the Bears 3-3, it feels like the season is slipping away and some sort of drastic move must be made to snap them out of their funk. I was pulling for Mariota and have been disappointed. Should the Chiefs trade for Marcus Mariota? From a business standpoint, the move does make sense for Tennessee. Please check your email for a confirmation. I’m a Titans fan, and I hate that we’re in this position. mariota has already beat the patriots with the tennessee titans as a supporting cast and KC is so much better organizationally as a team and the players in general that it isnt even funny. Bethard has two years in it under Kyle Shanahan with 10 games started. But his arm is average and the comparison to Mahomes would humiliate a really good kid. "Sometimes I don't really talk to my brothers a lot either, but it doesn't mean I don't love them.". You’re not going to trade away picks and pick up a contract like Mariota for 4-8 weeks. I’ll be rooting for him, but right now I think he’s shell-shocked. OH BTW I don’t believe Vrable is “the GUY” either! At the same time, he’s still valuable to them as a backup. Depending on how the backups play, the Pittsburgh Steelers or New Orleans Saints could potentially be interested. Here are some possible trades that could benefit both teams involved. I don’t think the 49ers will deal Mullen and if they did the trade would cost KC too much. Mariota has also rushed for 129 yards so far this season and would bring an element of elusiveness in the pocket that isn’t there with Dalton. He is a legitimate dual threat. October 18, 2019 at 10:42 am The Las Vegas Raiders have agreed to a deal with former Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota, a source confirmed to ESPN. Watch for a guy like CJ Beathard who is on the trading block. Why not Kyle Lulleta from the Eagles practice squad He wont cost you a Draft pick and when Giants released him Doug Pederson picked him up immediately and he comes from the Andy Reid tree and has been learning from the Andy Reid system.Its not a Great solution but better than Marcus Mariota. Learn how your comment data is processed. If the Titans move on from Mariota and select a new rookie quarterback, all four could easily be kept. There will be plenty of fans who may scoff at this. Marcus Mariota trade makes sense for the Bears From a business standpoint, the move does make sense for Tennessee. The Raiders signed QB DeShone Kizer to their practice squad earlier in the day and have Nathan Peterman as the backup to Derek Carr if need be. Not a member? Rudolph is still in concussion protocol and will likely return soon, but there isn’t much depth in the Steelers’ quarterback room, and how the aging Roethlisberger recovers from another injury is yet unknown. "He can stay with the protection if you give him pass protection. Considering Matt Moore’s age, I would think that a young QB on a rookie contract would be more likely. Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. Mariota is a proven starter who has played well at times this season. That’s what I find laughable about the Kap talk mid season. GettyCincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton. (Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images). They’d be better off trading for Fitzmagic than Mariota. Can Tennessee Titans RB Derrick Henry overcome NFL's top rush defense? I wish him the best.". Thing with this scenario is, if you give a supposed average QB all of KC’s weapons he may look really good. ... Now, every once in a while, he misses a wide-open throw. (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images) … "Think Colin Kaepernick. Mariota could give the team something more viable to work with, at least in the short term. Kap doesn’t cost any draft picks and would be cheaper than Mariota. @Raiders extremely happy to see Marcus Marriota sign! _____________________________. He has played all four years in the league as their starter, and his career numbers, while not gaudy, are still better than some. There aren’t many, but after sleeping on it and thinking about it and talking about it on PFT Live, one stands out among the rest: Marcus Mariota. READ NEXT: Cam Newton Trade Talk: Steelers Top Potential Fits for Panthers QB, Marcus Mariota Trade Talk: Buccaneers Among Potential Fits For Titans QB, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. There are three teams I could possibly see the Titans getting a deal done with, and one of those teams could help supply the Titans with an option behind center for the 2020 season.

Who Makes The Best Moleskin Trousers, Kora Organics Review 2019, Taurus Woman Libra Man Soulmates, Danner Mountain 600 Low, Rossi Boots Sold, Kareem Hunt Career Stats, Character Day At School, Al Ahly Transfermarkt,