Please try to auto migrate users to bcrypt, etc. Tables are suffixed with the year and the month: for example the archive_numeric table for January 2012 would be named archive_numeric_2012_01. I'll go on my now. they're used to gather information about the pages you visit and how many clicks you need to accomplish a task. Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue. Thanks for contacting us! It's a $ delimited field in the database: The password was hashed using 20000 rotations of the pdkdf2 sha256 algorithm using the salt random-salt-here and resulted in the hash hashed-password-here. Users without any tokens available would get displayed a nice message to create a token. Here’s where the information in the above “Hash algorithms” table came from – plus additional resources: SAP Note 2467: Password rules and preventing incorrect logons; SAP Note 721119: Logon with (delivered) default user fails; SAP Note 735356: Special character in passwords; reactivation not possible; SAP Note 862989: New password rules as of SAP NetWeaver 2004s ... Use Matomo (Piwik) as a front-end application to the Munin server monitoring tool. password': a hash of the user's password. Or at least not short-term modified? Sign in Goals are stored in the goal table and contain the following information: Note: The ecommerce and abandoned cart goals are two special goals with special IDs. I think the most critical things for now are: This will already be a great improvement. The following information is stored in a user entity: User data is read on every UI and Reporting API request. Developer Findus23; Learn more. Some options should be loaded on every non-tracking request. You can use Cross Domain linking for this, learn more in our Measuring Visitors Across Domains – Cross domain linking FAQ. The index_idsite_datetime index is used when aggregating visits. When matching visits by visitor/user ID, Matomo looks through the entire history of visits that are currently in the database. Hi @mneudert @sgiehl - what is the status for this security improvement? Metrics are numeric values and are stored as such. They are persisted in the user table. After a first valid login this option will get deleted and a proper rehashing will update the password. @alexlehm It would be nice if you'd join up for sure :). See 3.x-dev...mneudert:password_hash. And going back to a string length check we could have the legacy token only available for existing URLs or "people who know" while not including it in the check for potentially available tokens. This is pretty much the same case and here we would need to use something like nonce as well. Next step that will be needed eventually is to hash the token_auth which we will have to do for sure. Unsalted MD5 is kind of a scary vulnerability. Is there any feature that could not be modified to use the API proxy defined in ee3bc9c? SQL queries that read the Log data across the tables above are provided in the FAQ: SQL queries to select visitors, list of pageviews, searches, events in the Matomo database. The cost should be chosen such that password_verification takes about 100ms, substantially slower than MD5 of a password that can usually be calculated in less than 0.01ms so password_verification is about 100,000 times slower than MD5 in the same class CPU that password_hash was calculated on. I agree, the token should be decoupled from the password completely. ), I'm not quite sure but I think the SHA256 is only for auth tokens and not for end user passwords see discussion further above. If it helps I could open a WIP pull request for that part (with a list of caveats attached as some things might seem somewhat "quirky" otherwise). how do keep backward compatibility in general, Generate token auth randomly and not based on login / password. When matching visits by device fingerprint (log_visit.config_id), we only look back window_look_back_for_visitor seconds. Might want to consider http://www.openwall.com/phpass (public domain password framework already adopted by other open source projects). I cannot believe that this is still buried as a low priority ticket and has been ignored for 6 years. How do you think about my proposal in #5728 (comment) to migrate plain md5 hashes during the update procedure and not only on login? The newsletter service uses MadMimi. privacy statement. Site entities are stored in the site table and contain the following information: Site entities also contain a list of extra URLs that can be used to access the website. Main feature would be: On login bcrypt password if not done yet, on update hash all tokens with SHA256 and generate the tokens in the future more randomly. Learn more about it within our privacy Policy page. Sacrificing this with the argument of backward compatibility is criminally stupid, sorry. end user passwords should be using http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.password-hash.php (bcrypt). Currently I plan to rehash every password with SHA256 during the upgrade combined with setting a "_legacy_password"-Option stored for each user. Note that this constant is designed to change over time … Since token = md5($userLogin . ; ArchiveProcessor — Used by Archiver instances to insert and aggregate archive data. If you are interested and familiar with php, please consider joining the project or helping with this! Fantastic! We could simply generate a unique string with some random data. Hashing stuff is always good but if a feature breaks it might be a deal breaker. Usually authentications consist of a key and a secret which makes it easier as only having the secret. When Matomo encounters a new action type, a new action type entity is persisted. Allows Matomo admininstrators to customize the tracking code that is autogenerated for users. The md5 hashes are the main issue here. The hash will be an MD5 hash. Every reporting request (either through the Reporting API or through Matomo's UI) will query one or more site entities. Developer Findus23; Learn more. @mneudert or @sgiehl will you work on this? To achieve an acceptable level of security, it is necessary to use a newer hash method like bcrypt, scrypt or another key derivation function, most previous pw methods are too weak and have been for some time. Anything that cannot be queried through that class can be queried through the SitesManager core plugin. If these are "user facing" features for "URLs without login" we could go with hashing and update the messages/documentation to point at the token management. This is a complete list of available classes: API\Request — Dispatches API requests to the appropriate API method. Then everything should be in place to handle that switch a lot easier than right of the bat. @alexlehm In future, make your comments constructive. You signed in with another tab or window. Maybe it would be possible to split it into 2 PRs as just making passwords and token more secure by hashing them could be much more simple compared to managing multiple tokens maybe. be worth having a look into it for sure. All archive data will be queried many times by this information. Action types, such as a specific URL or page title, are analyzed as well as visits. If we agree on something I am keen on implementing this one. You can extend the database with a plugin. For now we wouldn't need the feature to create multiple tokens etc and be good to only migrate existing tokens (each user has one token) but if you're keen on implementing this as well with multi tokens . the website ID is used to process the visitor fingerprint hash which means that on your Matomo instance, a given user/visitor will have a different fingerprint hash when browsing your different websites. It returns a string value. migrating the admin user would work like, since the user will log in anyway.

Always On Time A Boogie Lyrics, Sam Glow Season 3, Teaching Preschoolers About Authors And Illustrators, Hope Lake Trail Telluride, Hacked Unblocked Games 66, Pink Diamond Wedding Ring Set, Current Wind Speed Ontario California,