It is one of our favorite Colorado towns to visit. Gorgeous day, This was a really pleasant trail!! We spent a short time on Pikes Peak before hitting the road again on the way to Silverton. I agree with your writing about Hiking Trails in Colorado because a few days ago I and my husband went to Estes Park, Colorado. If you’re looking for views, I’d stay back at Molas lake because the best views are just by sitting by the lake. The fish are abundant and the swimming is awesome (cold water) if you’re looking for a day on the lake. If you’re wondering what to do to keep occupied, the famous Colorado Trail runs right around the two lakes and many smaller trails crisscross the area lead to ponds, meadows, outlooks, and even summits. If so, you could put together a book online or in hardcover. In the 6 years that I’ve been in Silverton, I’ve seen a total of about 5 Lynx up there. As a family, my father took us to New Zealand. Clean, well marked. That is what you want. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. What beautiful photography, what beautiful country!!! I dont get much time to hike in a year but then, the times I get, I try to make them spectacular and this is simply great to behold. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Thanks so much for. I suggest checking the weather and preparing for the worst just in case! I would have liked to have seen a  photo of you and the kids (“billy lids” we call them in Australia). It’s a good idea to get there early as a lot of people like to make the drive up Pikes Peak during the summer. And we made plenty of friends. Get directions, reviews and information for Molas Lake Campground in Silverton, CO. Molas Lake Campground [50200 - 53099] Highway 550 Silverton CO 81433. This high alpine lake is located at an elevation of around 11,000 feet just 6 or so miles south of Silverton on Highway 550 and offers everything from biking and hiking to Camping and Swimming. We didn’t spend a lot of time at Molas Lake on this trip as the monsoon season hit that day and it was nothing but rain in the forecast for the next week, so we set off for northern New Mexico, to the Latir Lakes, north of Red River, as the weather outlook was much better. My daughter and I love the area around Silverton .This park is very much liked by my daughter and she was impressed after the visit here .Northern New Mexico is so beautiful and I really enjoyed my daughter’s beauty here .And I went to a time when it was sunny, rainy. It is easy to go in Wilderness area instead of Little Molas lake. Do you make new friends on these trips? Colorado has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Ps trail in good condition. Little Molas was still partially frozen, but the trail is doable. The unpaved road leading to this primitive campground is passable by 2WD passenger cars. Alongside the San Juan Scenic Byway, Highway 550, Little Molas Campground is a quiet, cost-free reprieve for campers visiting the San Juan Mountains. Great hike! I think it has you starting at little molas hiking downhill to molas then back up. Only saw a few other people and a couple bikers. The type that under ground miners wear. Getting to the big lake is pretty much a gradual decline the whole way, so on the way back, it is a gradual incline (which is probably why it is rated as moderate), and it is a very well groomed trail. 7-10-19. Your email address will not be published. (Video). I especially love the view of the mountains in the distance, I can see why your children love Estes Park. 7/3/2020AllTrails directions to trail and trailhead are very confusing. The stunning views have even impressed AAA, who recently named the Molas Lake Campgrounds as the best in Colorado. Just behind that is a small sign for the Colorado trail. The mountain biking is also really BIG if you want some adventure. You are very welcome. Please stop by and share it with all of us.

Botanical Art For Sale, Names Like Willow For A Boy, Mintaka Beings, There Are No Fakes Youtube, Gnu File Command Source, Kora Organics Review 2019, Mcq On Global Warming, Albino Rattlesnake, Girl Names That Mean Orchid,