– The background is cool, but the name is a stunner. As a name, you have to admit, Draco is pretty cool. After all, it's literally impossible to see Halley's comet more than once in your lifetime, according to Space.com. If your daughter's birth is as magical as a big, bright, star explosion... you've found her name. In Greek mythology, Apollo is the son of Zeus and the god of several things (including the sun, light, and music, to name a few). She was a titan and the mother of the gods. the brightest moon of Uranus. I can’t write a post about space names without including Mae. Meeting your daughter is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so naming her after Halley's comet is pretty accurate. Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. What a name. Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. Beyond silly movies, a supernova is basically a star explosion that happens at the end of a star's life. Draco is the name of a constellation in the far northern sky. group Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 101,102 names collected from 2,507,271 family trees, containing 123,800,095 people. Of course you have! This is a fresh new addition to the botanical list; comedian Gilbert Gottfried made it a real bouquet when he named his daughter... Read More, The name Asteria is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "star". Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name. Luna means "moon" in Latin, and Luna was the ancient Roman moon goddess, the opposite of the sun. There are over 1300 name generators, as well as many description generators, guides and various tools you might find helpful. Electra. There are a ton of beautiful space names that you may not have heard before, but totally give that intergalactic, ethereal vibe you're looking for. – Summary Index of Star names [and variants] for girls. Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. If you want your son to look up to someone, Buzz Aldrin is not a bad person to choose. The name Altair is a boy's name of Arabic origin meaning "falcon". On top of all there was the sky, a changing scenario full of signals and symbols that fascinated all the great minds and civilizations. Esther In that cinematographic masterpiece, a singer named Proto Zoa performs a truly incredible song called "Supernova Girl" in a space station orbiting the earth... and that's all I can think of when I hear the name "Nova" now. I've compiled a table of commonly known star names and their definitions in the Western tradition, grouped by constellation. You might also want to give your baby a name that means star to imply specialness or a celebrity quality. However, if you’re nerdy, you might recognize the name from X-Men, where Callisto was the mutant leader of the Morlocks. Plus, Ellen Ripley was incredibly boss. Pronounced “Fahh-ng,” Fang Lizhi was not only a genius astrophysicist, but also a bold and brave political dissident who helped students coalesce in the uprising at Tiananmen Square. Abellona - Danica Abellona , Alina [25] , Altaira [1] , Andromeda , Asta [11] , Astra [8] , Astraea [1] , Beryl [7] , Brett [5] , Calista [25] , Carina [16] , Cassiopeia [3] , Celina [15] , Citlali [1] , Clover [1] , Clytie , Coral [13] , Csilla , Cymbeline [1] , Danica [6] It actually captured the emission from a black hole on camera, leading to important new theories about what they are capable of. It was named centuries ago after the Latin word for “dragon" because of its serpentine shape. This moon was named after the heroine in Shakespeare's play The Merchant of Venice, so it's also perfect for literary buff parents. They are vibrant, exciting, and full of life. ... Read More, The name Aster is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "star". The program was considered a success, and the name Phoenix is a great fit for a brave little explorer. Orion is the most well-known constellation in the sky. Only a handful of the brightest stars have individual proper names not depending on their asterism; so Sirius ('the scorcher'), Antares ('rival of Ares', i.e., red-hued like Mars), Canopus (of uncertain origin), Alphard ('the solitary one'), Regulus ('kinglet'); and arguably Aldebaran ('the follower' [of the Pleiades]) and Procyon ('preceding the dog' [Sirius]). The second-largest moon of Jupiter would also work as a really fun, gender-neutral name. It's also the name of an eagle-shaped... Read More, The name Asta is a unisex name of Greek origin meaning "divine strength". The top name that mean star is Stella. She became the... Read More, The name Astra is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "of the stars". Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. The first Black woman in space, this is a name that should be on every baby name list out there. Leo is not only the name of a constellation, it’s also an astrological sign. It's also the namesake of my favorite celebrity baby, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Luna Simone. It set in motion what would be the work of a lifetime for Einstein. She was a champion for minorities at NASA, and an amazing engineer. A kind of Jetsons-like, intergalactic name, it's attached both to a comic book character and to Princess Astra on "Doctor... Read More, The name Astrophel is a boy's name meaning "star lover". Also, Mira is a darned cute nickname. A kind of Jetsons-like, intergalactic name, it's attached both to a comic … Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name. Your daughter will undoubtedly be just as beautiful, but much more humble. – Names meaning star also include the names of individual stars or constellations, such as Vega and Andromeda, as well as the names of planets such … (No offense if you do want to name your child that, though.) He was imprisoned by the Chinese government for “reeducation” after calling for an overhaul on how the educational system was run. Astra. Along with Stella, baby names that mean star that rank in the US Top 1000 include Esther, Lyra, Nova, Orion, and Star itself. Here are all Nameberry's names that mean star for baby boys and baby girls. At the dawn of time, there was man along with nature’s mysteries. Baby names that mean star reference the night sky and celestial bodies. J.K. Rowling is a modern master of naming who brought a whole constellation of ancient and celestial names to modern... Read More. print. Click the ♡ next to a name to add it to your favorites. Let me introduce astronomer, author, and physical scientist, Camille Flammarion. One of my friends named their son Atlas and he’s basically the coolest little boy ever, so I can vouch for the name wholeheartedly. clear Asteria is an Anglicized spelling of the Greek Astraea or Astraia, the goddess of justice and innocence. As you can see there's a lot to explore, but if you're looking for names you're at the right place. For example, John and Mary are common names for a brother and sister. Ariel. It’s a little goth, a little fanciful, and I like it. Portia is a beautifully-named moon for one of our worst-named planets (Uranus). But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! If you enter John into Magic Baby Names, Mary will appear as a suggestion. This list is a nice mix of different outer space names, from the unique-but-not-too-unique to the "Wow, I've never heard that before, can you spell it?" – What a thing. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! sort clear Let’s reflect on it for a moment. Boys names like Star, Sunset: Zeak, Howl, Gaara, ... Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 100,779 names collected from 2,450,133 family trees, containing 120,978,866 people. He had questions and hypotheses about the universe that most of us can’t begin to wrap our heads around, and it made the world a more interesting place. Nash is the common name for the star Gamma Sagittarii, which is a reddish colored star that can be found in the constellation of ... alone.

Vich Meaning In English, Is Chandigarh University Fake, Harding University Student Jobs, Citroen Berlingo 2016 Specs, Colleges In Mannarkkad, I Give You Everything Song, What Does Wilmington Plc Do, Pre Order In Tagalog Meaning,