It never drops its needles but keeps them on for up to 10 years. Bay Area Interior Designer I live here in the low mountains of germany where Norway Spruce is not native, but common (for "forest agriculture").What i know is, that they can, established, grow up to a metre (or three foot and a bit) a year in height and about two to three foot in the width. I am going for a privacy screen here, not wind screen, so ideally I'd like to hang onto as much lower growth thinking long term. I think the best time is right before the new growth starts in the springtime and this is anytime after March 1st until the new growth starts to grow out. But that would most likely lead to some irregular spacing. Norway Spruce rarely need to be trimmed but it can be done to help even out the growth. Thanks for the advice you put on these boards. I don't know how fast they grow, but if they grow a 1' wide each year you'll have at least 30 years before they touch. Worst case you have to remove some trees in a few years. I want it to look luxurious with a hotel room feel. I have no experience with any spruce, however. Remove the trash to the right side of the corner of the house. On your side of the fence you could create a bed of varied shrubs that would help soften the look of the fence and provide privacy as the shrubs mature. So my question is this: I feel like I have a one-time opportunity to move these trees further apart this coming spring, say 20-25' apart. You'll have a lovely space if you just keep tweaking! It must’ve been mislabeled at the nursery, no wonder it was for sale in December. Will the River Birch be multi-stem or single stem? I'm after a "green screen" here for the future more than anything else and will invest more time in moving the trees to get it right if need be. I have learned an awful lot about evergreens in the past 5 years from your posts. History/Lore The Norway spruce hails from Europe. I just planted a Norway Spruce and am wanting to plant a River Birch next to it. Does poorly in shade conditions. I'm not spruceman, but I've probably planted more NS than anyone else on this forum. The latter have a wider spread in short period of time. Use left and right arrow keys to navigate between menus and submenus. The Norway Spruce is wind, cold, and deer resistant. It seems you are saying that I will not lose the lower part of my wall in 10-20 years? It is a native of Europe where it grows throughout the region and is the most common evergreen in the Alps area in Europe, the Black Forest of Germany, and the Carpathian mountains of Romania and Ukraine. Also make a facade for the air conditioner. Eventually, I'd get a large entertainment center for that wall to house the tv and have some display and bookshelves. If you planted them 15' on center, that'll allow each one to get 30' wide before touching. Stop by, email, or call. Consider replacing the dining light with a drum chandy and do lower it to the 36" level above the table, unless someone in your family is taller, then lower it to eye level for that individual. It never drops its needles but keeps them on for up to 10 years. Just for your info, in many of the more humid areas, blue spruce has a short lifespan due to needle diseases. I'm thinking the wooded area wouldn't allow for sufficent airflow. Even if they do, it'll just be the bottom few feet. Your orange drapes appear to be multiple panels. And so does Ken. Plant 12 to 15 feet apart for a tight screen. multiple rows 26 ‘or more apart with the trees staggered from the other row. Would 20 feet in between be enough space? If you have a double leader pick out the strongest one and cut the other one back 1/2 of the previously years growth. Norway Spruce trees are one of my favorite evergreen trees. Norway spruce needs pruning only for maintenance to make it a lovely addition to the home landscape. Snip off the center branch growth. Hi All:I did a lot of reading on this forum last summer concerning Norway spruce spacing. Just the way it is. Use enter to activate. Contact us if you have any questions on trimming the Norway Spruce or any evergreen. This sturdy evergreen tree is extremely cold hardy growing in the coldest regions in the US down to a frigid growing zone 2. In the attached photo, I put a white flag towards the left where I’d like to put the River Birch. Right now all of your furnishings are at one level, kind of drawing a line around the space. Gray is hotter than ever, thanks to a hit novel full of risks and dark secrets. The Morton Arboretum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that relies on the generosity of members and donors. Heck, if you did a modern farmhouse takeoff, you could wrap the bottom piers in a metal rather than surface with stone....thinking of non-ordinary alternatives! We grow them so they are not too thick so they will not blow over the first year after planting. In the attached photo, I put a white flag towards the left where I’d like to put the River Birch. In Finland fences made of Picea abies are extremely popular. For whatever little benefit you might gain by giving them another five or ten feet, it will be so imperceptible, and they will grow together just as nice as can be just the way you've planted them! Use up and down arrow keys to explore within a submenu. Yes Tom is not me, but he knows his Norway spruce. You didn't say but I assume they are species and not a grafted cultivar of some kind. The Norway Spruce is our favorite and best large evergreen for windbreaks in the eastern 2/3 of America, and in much of the world in the proper climate. Our future. Instead of another tree, how about a short run of fence? She's planning her own renovation and daydreaming about what to include. I am holding a 2-3 ft Norway Spruce. They will not loose bottom foliage where exposed to full sun. Our Horticulturist's and landscape experts are here to help with planting and landscaping ideas. If so then I would plant an Alberta Spruce under each window with a semi-circle around each spruce with 3 or 5 Stella d'oro yellow plants. Dianne, just for my own interest I ran "contemporary farmhouse exteriors" through the Houzz photo search. 2007. Go to list of cultivars. I may add a few more but overall I was thinking this project was done until I started to see yard specimens over the winter here with Norways that looked 20 or even 30' spreads, so it started making me nervous. Most of my conifers has a 10 year size of 6x3. Let them maintain the solid wind screen. A 2’ tall potted tree can be over 10 ft tall in 5 years, in good soil, with adequate moisture and weed and grass control around the base. Depending on the overall spacing can you use arborvitae or yew to get an evergreen backdrop? When properly cared for, the Norway Spruce rarely has issues with pests and disease. Nurseries advice to plant 12ôapart so that they can sell more. They are 5' B&B trees. The area is only about 20' wide but 400' long. Fertilize when planting and in early spring yearly with a slow release fertilizer. Art should always visually "attach" to the piece furniture it is with - 8-10" above a sofa. Small male flowers are pinkish-red and clustered along the stems. If you planted that many, I think it would be near impossible to dig all of them out without a lot of help or a machine. Bird’s Nest Norway spruce (Picea abies ‘Nidiformis’ ): This cultivar is much smaller than the species (3 to 6 feet high and wide). Treat with insecticidal soap for minor infections and Bifenthrin or Carbaryl for more severe infestations. If I wanted to have perfect spacing for a row of "specimen" 60 year-old Norway spruce, I would recommend wider spacing, maybe somewhere between 20 and 30 feet (there is no "absolute" perfect spacing). It can live a very long life in windbreaks of over 100 years in most soils, and is the most common old windbreak tree in the midwest. The door I would use yellow or red. It is a dwarf, evergreen shrub with stiff, prickly, green to bluish-green, ½ inch needles and a neat, dense, compact shape. Try the large sofa aligned with the stairs, floating in the center with its back to the dining room and facing the window wall. Then do a little more landscaping tp spice up the place. Order online, and we will ship right to your door. Widen the front path with re-cycled broken concrete and wide spacing to hold a low ground cover.

Mintaka Beings, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear, Skynet Sialkot, Hole Io Battle Royale, Difference Between Blockade And Embargo, The Black Cauldron Live Action Release Date, John Gallagher Sr, Vail Village Shops,