The problem, though, is that there is nothing fun about relegation. They defended abysmally, conceded soft goals from set … We can’t compete with that. Antonio secured his hat-trick less than 10 minutes after the restart, with Vrancic’s loss of possession proving fatal as Noble clipped the ball over the top for the striker to latch onto. We’ll have some criticism and people will have plenty to say, no doubt. The Hammers had the first opportunity of the game within the opening five minutes, when Antonio danced his way past Max Aarons before looking to test Tim Krul with a shot. That’s one thing I’ll make no apologies for, that’s one thing I was refusing to do. It was a disappointing year for Norwich City in the Premier League last season, finishing dead last and heading back down to the Sky Bet Championship. We’re fortunate with the lockdown in that we’ve had time to reflect on this season, what’s gone well and what hasn’t gone well. “We are always self-critical,” Farke said. West Ham did double their lead prior to half-time, with Antonio netting his second of the afternoon. But let’s have some respect for the level of people we’re coming up against here. I just ask for people at this time to have some respect. If it was about me or Daniel, then we wouldn’t build a training ground and we would spend money just on players, we would leave to go to other clubs on a personal level just to earn a bit money and have a bit more kudos. We’ve got the next best thing. © 2020 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. You can’t change the fact we’ve been relegated, we have. When I look back to when we sold Jacob Murphy in the first window, Josh [Murphy] and James Maddison in the next summer window, we were working with a gun to our head. If people need a scapegoat, not a problem – I can take it because I don’t read it. Watford and Bournemouth, who also joined Norwich in relegation, are amongst the top five to capture the title. Sat 11 Jul 2020 09.30 EDT Frankly, we’ve not been good enough and people don’t like to hear that. I truly believe it is and I believe he will think it is but at the same time, this job is very tiring in his position. It’s not particularly nice but it’s also not the biggest surprise. We also need to appreciate where we are and our history in the Premier League. But the fact is, the club is in much better health and again, we make no apologies. I said to someone the other day, it’s like we’ve gone into a war without a gun and guess what? Are you planning on sticking by him for next season? It was a brilliant save from Krul but he was powerless to stop West Ham doubling their lead just before half‑time. The club has to take some responsibility for that. Like I said, our productivity have gone through the roof since Steve Weaver arrived as academy manager and since Daniel arrived as head coach. The defeat that sealed Norwich’s relegation summed them up. Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber has spoken to Canaries TV about a variety of topics after the club's relegation to the Championship was confirmed on Saturday. Every player that’s come in has tried their best. But leave the players and staff alone because they worked unbelievably hard – it’s not their fault, it’s mine. Defeat became humiliation for the Canaries as Antonio scored a fourth with 15 minutes remaining, with Fornals cross being tapped in by the Hammers frontman. Bowen caused constant problems, arrowing two efforts wide, and West Ham had another chance go begging when Krul denied Soucek. People will grow and come out better for this. Jordan Hugill was more than complimentary to his Norwich City teammates after coming back from a goal down to beat Rotherham United 2-1 on Saturday. Todd Cantwell returned to the bench following a hamstring injury prior to the defeat in midweek. Ben Godfrey, for example, got to a play-off final at Shrewsbury, Todd Cantwell on his loan [at Fortuna Sittard] got promoted. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce in depth coverage that makes a measurable difference to our community. Ukraine star Andriy Yarmolenko was named on the bench in the Irons only change - and was replaced by captain Mark Noble. West Ham are still embroiled in the relegation dogfight and the Hammers were without a win in their last eight top-flight away games before travelling to Carrow Road. That’s been completely transformed, we’re now one of the best. Could you just sum up your emotions for us on the situation? What can we learn from Norwich City’s relegation nosedive? Like I say now, it’s not the time for words, it’s time for actions. That’s where we’re at. Huddersfield wouldn’t have got promoted the season before if football worked like that. I’ve spent a lot of time with Daniel [Farke] during that period and the rest of the staff so we could analyse if this happened then, as opposed to now. That’s what we have to do to be competitive at that level, we have to try and grow our own players who are capable of playing in the Premier League. Although we’ll go down with parachute payments, that’s puts us in a really good position and enables us to develop a strong squad on the pitch, we’re still not going to be the biggest spenders. Now, it’s about actions and moving forward, not dwelling on the past, like when someone dies – you can’t change it. They only cost ##MP_PRICE## for the best view in the stadium. You mention the Southampton game which came at the start of the restart. In order to use the live chat functionality you need to opt into live chat cookies. Swallowing relegation for the greater good is a damning reflection of what modern football has become. We spoke when we got promoted last year, the words that we used weren’t a joke when we said we’d be the lowest spenders, have the lowest budget and it was going to be unbelievably difficult and we needed another miracle – that wasn’t us trying to buy time and trying to have a laugh with people. They were demolished by Antonio, who collected his first professional hat-trick after moving to six goals in his past four games, and West Ham cantered to their second 4-0 win since David Moyes replaced Manuel Pellegrini in December. - Norwich City (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Klose, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), Vrancic (McLean, 78); Buendia (Rupp, 69), Stiepermann (Cantwell, 69), Hernandez (Martin, 69); Pukki (Idah, 69). Leeds wouldn’t have spent 16 years in the Championship or whatever it is if football worked like that. We’ve got a recruitment department which covers players all over Europe and into South America now. But for sure, they’re part of our future. Norwich City defender Ben Gibson says the team need to stick to their principles and demand more in order for results to go their way after a 1-0 loss to Derby County. Listen, we’ve sold a lot of players over the last few years that have gone into the Premier League and not performed and we’ve got a lot of money for them, so even when you have money, unless you have ‘real’ money and you can spend money to get top quality, you can also go and waste a lot of money. The German just wanted his players to enjoy themselves. “I am sorry we were not able to work another miracle. We’ve paid off the training ground and the bond back. If you look at the other two teams promoted, one spent over £100 million and one spent £60-70 million. Can fans expect them to be involved more in the final few games and into next season? We had to sell players to survive and we don’t need to do that now. At the end of the day, we weren’t good enough and we didn’t give him [Farke] a squad of players good enough to compete in the Premier League. To do this click on the cookie settings button below. Daniel and I have been here for three years now and I look at what we’ve achieved – we’ve achieved around £60 million net (profit) in player sales, we’ve had more academy  appearances played at first-team level in three years than we had in the previous 12 years, we’ve got a training ground that’s now a Premier League training ground – let’s not forget when we turned up we had a gym in a conservatory and had a pitch with a hill in it. We can only apologise.”. There was a doomed air about Norwich and a straightforward change from Moyes lifted West Ham after their defeat by Burnley last Wednesday, the omission of Andriy Yarmolenko for Mark Noble giving the side more balance. I’m in charge of the football strategy and I’m in charge of the decisions when it comes to spending money we haven’t got. Of course, we could, I’m the first to admit that. Put it to me, blame us not him.” Daniel and the players need backing, not questioning their future or second guessing their future. City’s improved performance in their 2-1 defeat to Watford in midweek prompted Farke to field an unchanged line-up. We have to be mindful there’s a COVID hole to fill and the longer it goes without supporters and TV rebates, the bigger that hole becomes. Can you talk to us a little bit about that? Will we spend as much as our competitors in the Championship? Antonio had a chance of his own, after the striker latched onto ex-Ipswich Town left-back Aaron Cresswell’s cross – but his stab goalwards was smothered by Krul. It’s tough when you’re losing games and you’ve got players that aren’t used to that feeling.

Where Can I Watch Boys State, Arce Meaning In Telugu, Seahawks Vs Texans 2020, Far Manager Alternative For Mac, Ultramar Cancún, Centaur Parents, Eagles 2010 Season, Virgo Daily Horoscope, Magna Walking Dead,