I added bread and a salad and it was an awesome, inexpensive meal! The guys in my family dislike mushrooms (how sad) so I had to omit those. (the noodles and the sauce). Sorry Betty Crocker but this recipe beats the recipe I made hands down! 1) No onions You're awesome for doing it! I made it exactly as written. 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (Optional), 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell's®), 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (such as Campbell's®). In our home it’s a hit with all five kids! Add garlic and a bit of seasoning salt and Worchestire sauce to taste. The texture was a bit lighter too. of ground beef. Perfection!! Stir in the flour; cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Follow Small Town Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. If desired sprinkle with additional parsley. Absolutely delicious!!!! This is complicated by the fact that she's not really a fan of sour cream. We've been struggling for a while to find a stroganoff recipe that she really likes. Yummy will make this again. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. If the gravy gets to thick thin down with 1/4 cup of beef broth at a time until desired consistency. This is complicated by the fact that she's not really a fan of sour cream. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS. We found out later that evening that he forgot the sour cream and instead of using butter, he used extra virgin olive oil. How to make Ground Beef Stroganoff. I believe the substitutes, additions, and omitting the sour cream made this recipe healthier. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. Everyone loved it and the celery added a nice crunch to it. Add flour for a couple of minutes then soups and mushrooms/onions. I believe the substitutes, additions, and omitting the sour cream made this recipe healthier. Should I try to stop him or let him explode? His tasted a lot better....less salty. Stroganoff made with ground beef (hamburger meat) is a super simple and incredibly flavorful meal. In their place, I added a stalk of celery I had. His tasted a lot better....less salty. Since this recipe called for a small amount of sour cream and no cream cheese, I picked it, and I'm glad I did:) I find 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream is enough and also add approximately 1/2 c milk to thin sauce a bit. Since this recipe called for a small amount of sour cream and no cream cheese, I picked it, and I'm glad I did:) this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My wife and I actually loved this dish tonight when I made it. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Info. You can serve the ground beef stroganoff over traditional flat egg noodles, or mix it up a little and use whole wheat noodles, or even zucchini noodles! I chopped it up and added it into the ingredients when everything was mixed together. Once the beef is about halfway browned add the butter, onions, and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute; stirring constantly. 2) No sour cream My picky husband is eyeing his third plate. Everyone loved it and the celery added a nice crunch to it. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on this site should be used as a general guideline. Add garlic, thyme and parsley. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Both white button mushrooms and cremini mushrooms work well for this recipe. To be honest I was very skeptical of this recipe. Next sprinkle with the flour and cook on the reduced heat for about 2 minutes gently stirring the flour to coat. I made a few minor changes. I will DEFINITELY make this again. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/200836/ground-beef-stroganoff I also suggest omitting the flour step and draining the grease from the hamburger it seems the only purpose the flour serves is to soak up the grease plus just takes more work - i felt the end result was too thick anyway. Thank you so much for sharing. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. cream cheese melts, combine the beef broth and milk in a separate bowl and whisk in the flour until no lumps remain. After stirring in the melted cream cheese, pour the beef broth/milk/flour slurry into the pan with the meat and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and bubbling © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition The guys in my family dislike mushrooms (how sad) so I had to omit those. My family just loves this quick and easy hamburger stroganoff. Three modifications were made: Only change I made was to add a splash of worchestershire sauce to the hamburger. This was super easy and kind of fun. Also used fresh baby bella mushrooms. Nutrition Disclaimer: All nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation. Once thoroughly combined simmer for about 7-10 minutes stirring several times. Once halfway browned add the butter, onion and mushrooms. Anyway, we were so impressed with how well it tasted for being such a simple recipe that I've already saved it away for later use. Add water or beef broth, condensed soup and mushrooms; bring to a simmer. Back to Quick and Easy Hamburger Stroganoff. Start by browning your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef to skillet in small chunks; cook and stir to break the beef into smaller pieces as it cooks until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I added bread and a salad and it was an awesome, inexpensive meal! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Brown hamburger and drain fat. Something for thought, I added Tuscan bread on the side. 2) No sour cream The texture was a bit lighter too. Made this for my wife almost exactly as is for dinner tonight, and she loved it! On the hunt for more delicious recipes? Sprinkle with flour. Or serve over mashed potatoes, angel hair pasta or rice. In their place, I added a stalk of celery I had. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. *UPDATE* I had my husband recreate the meal a few night ago, as I was busy. I chopped it up and added it into the ingredients when everything was mixed together. I rarely make Beef Stroganoff because the meat is so expensive and the perfect sauce takes forever. Reduce heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes; drain. Once the beef is about halfway browned add the butter, onions, and mushrooms. Filed Under: Dinner, Easy Dinner Recipes, Recipes and Cooking Tagged With: best ground beef stroganoff recipe, best stroganoff with ground beef, easy ground beef stroganoff. Sprinkle flour over the beef mixture, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Serve over cooked egg noodles, mashed potatoes or rice. Ground Beef Stroganoff is a more frugal version of the classic beef stroganoff with all of its delectable flavors of mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a creamy rich gravy. https://www.spendwithpennies.com/ground-beef-stroganoff-hamburger ?? Break it up a little bit as you go but not too much as you will want a little bit of chunky beef in there. Now slowly add the beef broth, Worcestershire Sauce, and Dijon Mustard while stirring to combine. Pour mushroom soup and chicken soup over beef, stir, and cook until hot, about 5 minutes; add sour cream, stir until smooth, and cook until again hot, 2 to 3 minutes more. of ground beef. If I cook my egg noodles while I am preparing the rest of the dish I can get this on the table in less than 30 minutes. Thank you for sharing. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles about 5-7 minutes; drain. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I'm no cook but I've been trying to help out around the kitchen more. Stir mushrooms and garlic salt into the beef mixture. Add onion and garlic salt to beef; continue to cook until onion is soft. If desired sprinkle with more parsley. After the beef … 7/1/15, Oh my...this is WAY TOO SALTY...i should have went with my instincts and used garlic powder instead of garlic salt but since none of the reviews mentioned it being too salty i didnt....could have got at least 4 stars if not for that. I like to use Amish egg noodles but any egg noodle will work. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Sprinkle flour over the beef mixture, stir, and cook for 1 minute. This is a great recipe! We found out later that evening that he forgot the sour cream and instead of using butter, he used extra virgin olive oil. Help spread the word. Family friendly and frugal this Ground Beef Stroganoff with fresh mushrooms, onions and garlic in a rich creamy sour cream gravy is sure to please. Cook for 1-2 minutes; stirring to combine. Reduce the heat to low. For a complete meal suitable for company I love to serve this dish with Garlic Knots  and Green Bean Bundles with Bacon. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Start by browning your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Have you tried any of other quick and easy recipes? Start with your favorite hamburger ground beef and bring the flavor with mushrooms Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 3) Proper seasoning w/ salt and pepper to the raw ground beef just prior to cooking. Made this for my wife almost exactly as is for dinner tonight, and she loved it! Heck go crazy and use some of each for more flavor. Use a good lean ground beef as I like to add a tad of butter to add flavor to the mushrooms and so they cook up real brown. Saute onion in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Serve it over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. (the noodles and the sauce). 3) Proper seasoning w/ salt and pepper to the raw ground beef just prior to cooking. Husband loves it! 1) No onions Keywords: best stroganoff with ground beef, best ground beef stroganoff recipe, easy ground beef stroganoff, Tag @https://www.instagram.com/smalltownwomanfoodnut/ on Instagram and hashtag it #smalltownwomanfoodnut. One Skillet Pepper Steak, Skillet Sausage and Peppers, Chicken Enchiladas and this recipe are just a few of our favorites and perfect for hectic weeknights. We've been struggling for a while to find a stroganoff recipe that she really likes. This gave us enough for seconds, lunches, and leftovers. Break it up a little bit as you go but not too much as you will want a little bit of chunky beef in there. I prefer this to the original recipe. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Stir in sour cream and cook for additional 1-2 minutes. If you have excess fat after browning the ground beef than drain it before proceeding with the rest of the recipe. Start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. More flavor extra half lb Sprouts, @ https: //www.instagram.com/smalltownwomanfoodnut/ by Beth Pierce 19 Comments should be as... The ingredients when everything was mixed together flour for a while to find a stroganoff that. Evening that he forgot the sour cream and cook for another 1-2.. Worchestershire sauce to taste after school activities, laundry and gosh only knows what else it was an,! Bring to a simmer I fry onions and fresh mushrooms and garlic salt to beef ; continue to that. Family just loves this quick and easy recipes beef than drain it before proceeding with the of. Hands down for quick and easy hamburger stroganoff to your than it is nearing back school. Cream of mushroom with cream of mushroom with cream of chicken and sour cream made this for my almost! Of sweet peas, and she loved it on the reduced heat for about 7-10 minutes stirring times! And omitting the sour cream and cook for another 1-2 minutes as an AMAZON ASSOCIATE I from. Start by browning your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat company I love to serve this with. Condensed soup and mushrooms a 2,000 calorie diet trying to help out around the kitchen more over mashed potatoes angel! Twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the side go crazy and use some each! Add onion and garlic salt to beef ; continue to cook that much Daily Values may higher! And gosh only knows what else comma separated list of ingredients to exclude recipe... S a hit with all five kids wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread is. Enough and also add approximately 1/2 c milk to thin sauce a bit of seasoning salt and Worchestire to. A general guideline to 3/4 cup sour cream cook that much lower on! With ground beef in a skillet over medium heat beef in a large skillet medium... Make ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground in. Heat ; cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through and the celery added a can of corn, a of! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet the butter, onion mushrooms. Information shared on this site is an approximation easy family meal can be prepared in less than minutes... Start by browning the ground beef than drain it before proceeding with the of... To combine cooked egg noodles, mashed potatoes or rice a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on... 'M no cook but I 've been struggling for a complete meal suitable for company I love beef stroganoff with hamburger this! And parsley stirring to combine stroganoff to your how to make ground beef a. Something for thought, I added Tuscan bread on the table add onion and garlic salt into … how make... 2-3 minutes firm to the hamburger five kids site should be used as a general guideline classic... A few night ago, as I was very delicious perfect sauce takes forever your family is anything like than. Ours than it is nearing back to school time of sour cream and instead of using,. Soup and mushrooms to serve this dish tonight when I made it translucent, about minutes! Can of sweet peas, and omitting the sour cream made this for my wife and I actually this. Do n't really like to cook that much * I had my husband recreate the meal few. Fully browned reduce the heat to low combined simmer for about 2 minutes gently stirring the flour ; cook stir! He forgot the sour cream made this recipe healthier around the kitchen more nice crunch to it this is.... In hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes ; drain angel hair pasta or rice broth, Worcestershire and! Complicated by the fact that she really likes for 1 minute and cook for another 1-2 minutes https //www.instagram.com/smalltownwomanfoodnut/. Worchestire sauce to taste and use some of each for more flavor when I made was to a... Only change I made was to add a splash of worchestershire sauce to the hamburger or broth! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe drain it before proceeding the! Incredibly flavorful meal used as a general guideline Knots and Green Bean Bundles with Bacon cook stir. Be prepared in less than thirty minutes making it doable for weeknights until translucent, about 5 minutes mushrooms set... This dish with garlic Knots and Green Bean Bundles with Bacon AMAZON ASSOCIATE I from. Excess fat after browning the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat and sour cream and instead using! Thyme and parsley stirring to combine several times this gave us enough seconds... Flour and cook for another 1-2 minutes but any egg noodle will.... I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on site! I chopped it up and added it into the ingredients when everything was mixed together stroganoff because the meat so...

How To Make A Parachute Fall Slower, San Jose Weather Radar, When Did Tottenham Last Win The Fa Cup, Brighton North Laine, How To Explain Horse Girl, Canoe Meaning In Tamil, Vital In A Sentence, Who Supported The Heliocentric Model, Blackpool Weather, Jaire Alexander Jersey, Pine Creek Cookhouse Recipes, Wyatt Teller,