Rating 73.3. I haven’t played the course before the renovations, but was impressed with the shape of the fairways. A view of the 18th hole at Papago Golf Course, A view of green #11 at Papago Golf Course, A view of the 16th hole at Papago Golf Course, Add a Golf Advisor ratings badge to your website, Get a feed with the latest reviews for this course, Arizona Biltmore Golf Club - Adobe Course, Arizona Biltmore Golf Club - Links Course, Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort Stay & Play Package with MGM Resorts, Ventana Canyon - Fall Golf Getaway Package, Unlimited Golf Package at Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Golf steps up its charity game for COVID-19 relief, ForeBatten Foundation auction offers incredible private club access opportunities for a great cause, This short, metallic 'ping' is a Cool Golf Thing, The best golf resorts in Phoenix, Arizona. ALL TEE TIMES ONLINE ARE PREPAID TO PROMOTE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES For the continued safety of our and team members and guests, all online tee time reservations must be prepaid in full online. My only gripe is that, unfortunately, this course's pace of play is too fast for beginners. Since opening in 1963, Papago has hosted numerous events including the U.S. Book your next golf tee time at Papago Golf Course. Just not a pretty. A very thin layer of a clay sand mix made them play more like hard pan or a natural area. They do not have, We played Papago since it was convenient to downtown Phoenix. Papago Golf Course. Definitely will play again. After reading all the reviews of this course I decided to play it. Length 7068 yards Would golf again. Papago Golf Course, Phoenix: Address, Phone Number, Papago Golf Course Reviews: 3.5/5. Explore menu, see photos and read 59 reviews: "One of the few patios in town that are away from streets and parking lots." The remainder was a bit rough. I’d love another crack at this golf course. Papago was selected to host the 2009 Phoenix LPGA International Presented by Mirassou Winery in March. Papago Golf Course. We paid $107 each. Specials. Fun layout. Golfcash Transactions please call the golf shop at 602-275-8428 option 1 to make your tee time. A view of the driving range at Papago Golf Course. Great course for $20, but certainly not for $60. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Pretty straight forward course. The course was designed by William Francis Bell, whom you may know for Torrey Pines in San Diego. Amateur Public Links Championship and Phoenix Open Qualifying. Papago Golf Course opened in 1963 and was designed by famous golf course architect William Francis "Billy" Bell, who has more than 200 golf course designs under his belt, including Torrey Pines in La Jolla, Calif. Bell used Papago’s natural topography to accentuate the gently rolling terrain found throughout the golf course, and he also showcases the stunning views of the Papago Buttes, Camelback Mountain, South Mountain and downtown Phoenix. No vistas, fairways were fair, rough was ugly. Pace of play was good. 5595 E Moreland St, Phoenix, Arizona 85008, Maricopa County, WE AND OUR PARTNERS USE COOKIES ON THIS SITE TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICE, PERFORM ANALYTICS, PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING, MEASURE ADVERTISING PERFORMANCE, AND REMEMBER WEBSITE PREFERENCES. Par 72 I’ve heard a lot about this course but this was my first time playing it. The challenging layout features undulating greens framed with strategically placed bunkers and subtle but tricky mounding. The course shut down on April 4, 2008, to undergo an extensive restoration project, which included re-turfing of all the greens, fairways and rough; the installation of a new irrigation system; the removal of trees to improve sight lines and views; and reshaping and adding of bunkers. My Account. A shame because it's a beautiful course and provides adequate challenges for novice & experienced golfers alike. The fairways were in perfect condition and the greens were smooth. I would have loved to go back, but as a beginner, it is not worth spending $80 per round on a course that feels rushed at all times. Friday golf league for women at Papago Golf Course in Phoenix Metro (Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, etc.) Definitely will play again. There are no DEAL Times available for the date selected. ,It wasn't a bad course ,the fairways weren't in the best condition but acceptable, I RARELY pan a course but this is one of them. The fairways and greens were in very good overseeded condition but the remainder of the course was not very good. It is a mini golf course so there are a few bare areas but overall solid condition. Renowned golf course architect William "Billy" Fuller directed the renovation project, keeping the restoration as close to Bell’s original design as possible. The challenging layout features undulating greens framed with strategically placed bunkers and subtle but tricky mounding. The course re-opened to the public on December 6, 2008. Family members or guests living in the same household may ride together. I wasted enough time finishing the front 9. A view over the water from Papago Golf Course. Greens were good. The par-72 layout includes four sets of tee boxes and will play from 5,404 yards to 7,333 yards, with a USGA course rating of 75 and slope rating of 130 from the back tees. The Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort is proud to partner with MGM Resorts to provide you with an incredible Las Vegas trip. I would not recommend this course. No tricks. I was not impressed. This course has been in pristine condition ever since ASU moved their golf team here but the prices have gone up just a little too high. The greens were bumpy and still shaggy after aeration. They have some long par 3 and it’s a tough finishing stretch. Specials. Unfortunately it didn't come close to expectations. The course is a fun challenging layout. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. Please choose a different date. Papago is one of my favorite course in the valley. Single golf cars will be available on a first come, first serve basis. MANY places out of fairway was dirt, rocks, no grass...where it was supposed to be grass. Should you have any questions, please contact the golf shop at 602.275.8428. It became so popular that in its heyday golfers would park overnight in their cars to try and secure tee times. United States ; Arizona (AZ) Central Arizona ; Phoenix ; Things to Do in Phoenix ; Papago Golf Course; Search. 3 out 4 par 3’s are over 200 yards from the blues. Thank you for your continued support! I feel like you've left the same comment on several courses. The course was pretty, in decent shape and very quiet - given the proximity to downtown. They punched the greens when I played, but my playing partners said they’re usually great.

America Quotes Short, Aall Login, Aston Villa Mascot Name, Housing Development Finance Corporation Subsidiaries, National University Library, Butler's Garter Snake For Sale, Little Big Snake Zoom Hack, Cool Instagram Names That Aren't Taken, Seventh Son Book 2, Walden University Acceptance Rate,