The KU4 makes it possible to actually own the legend.”, “The combination of classic ribbon smoothness with a near-cardioid pattern is a very beguiling permutation that enables the use of ribbon mics in situations that are normally inappropriate or too challenging. As the brightest mic in the AEA line, it retains the full spectrum sonic range that has made ribbon mics a staple in most of the world’s great recording studios. This is important because it is the reason all AEA mics sound like they are from the same family, even though each mic … Preamp gain should be at least +60dB or higher and the preamp should have a very high impedance. AEA’s KU4 is one of the most useful and unique ribbon microphones in the world. The AEA R88 stereo microphone is a true Blumlein recording system and houses two ribbon transducers with two separate outputs. Updated 2016. At AEA, we engineered our KU4 from the ground up in order to recreate this seminal design while ensuring flawless consistency from unit to unit. As the brightest mic in the AEA line, it retains the full spectrum sonic range that has made ribbon mics a staple in most of the world’s great recording studios. Amongst the longer established high‑end ribbon mic manufacturers, Wes Dooley — the man behind the US's Audio Engineering Associates (AEA) — is one of the best known and most vocal advocates of ribbons. The KU4 has none of these limitations. We felt 'esses' were a little subdued, and the mic was generally a little dark, but in general it was nicely charismatic, albeit with a fairly hefty proximity effect: classy, and eminently useful. Sonically, the R88’s forte is its open and natural tonality. The KU4’s supercardioid polar pattern enables it to capture direct sound from a vocalist or instrument without room tone. Ein weiterer 20dB Gain steht nach dem Ausgangspegel Potentiometer zur Verfügung. Of course, the KU4 can also be positioned at some distance from the sound source. Iconic, High-performance Ribbon Mic. Dieser Low-Noise Zwei-Kanal-Vorverstärker ist für Band, Moving Coil und Röhrenmikrofone, die keine Phantomspeisung benötigen geeignet. The two ribbon elements are angled at 90 degrees and mounted in close proximity to each other along the vertical axis of the microphone. The KU4 is a redesign of the legendary RCA KU3A, a unidirectional microphone originally designed for boom use in Hollywood motion picture studios. Unlike most traditional ribbon mics, think the KU4’s placement should be thought in terms of inches instead of feet. gesetzlicher MwSt. The AEA R88 stereo ribbon mic stuns engineers with its clarity and natural stereo image. Yes, It's expensive, but the feeling you get when you hear the KU4 in front of anything is the reason audio engineers get out of bed in the morning...The KU4 has an intimate quality that I've not heard out of any other ribbon. It expanded the engineer’s range of placement choices and became a standard at film studios throughout the world. However, preamps with above a 5K ohm impedance found in many live soundboards are adequate for guitar amps and other louder instruments. The mic’s supercardioid polar pattern, bright voicing, and near-field design offer the flexibility to use it in the exact same way as a condenser. With a supercardioid polar pattern, rich ribbon tone, and extended top-end, the KU4’s directionality allows it to be positioned almost anywhere without capturing room tone and bleed, making it one of the most flexible ribbon mics in production today. Die erste Etappe  ist durch einen 12-Positionen Grayhill Schalter von 6 bis 63 dB zu gewinnen. “This [KU4] will be a permanent part of my drum rig, so much that I’m considering buying a second KU4 to move around the studio for other applications.”, “For close miking the bell and upper stack area, the KU4 is the best mic I’ve used on Bass and Baritone Sax.”, “The KU4 has been our go-to mic on everything since it arrived. Also 'even', and 'clear and natural, yet tamed'. Versandkosten. ©2020 AEA Ribbon Mics & Preamps, All Rights Reserved. ), +49 (0)2330 892 88 52 +49 (0)176 705 48851 shop@peakhouse-audio.de www.peakhouse-audio.de, * Alle Preise inkl. With most figure-of-eight patterned ribbons, mic positioning can require a finesse to avoid other sources using the microphone’s nulls. The stereo mic is also outstanding for room, overhead, and acoustic instrument micing. The KU4 can handle 140+ dB SPL at 1 kHz. The A440 is an extremely quiet ribbon microphone, arguably the quietest ribbon mic ever produced. The BK-5A is a great mic, and while they share a similar design and several features, AEA's KU5A is very much its own mic destined for its own legacy. Being a near-field ribbon microphone, the microphone was designed to be positioned between one and 18 inches from the source. I’m looking for a general use ribbon mic. I had one of them serviced. I know, it's silly, but that's how the studio is. Its supercardioid polar pattern rejects bleed from other instruments and reflections in the room while retaining matchless top-end clarity. Only ribbon mic I’ve had much experience with. The AEA mic pre is also a must have - not only for their mics but for tube mics and other ribbons. - Rode NTR - AEA KU5A - m130 (for reference) Better Dynamic m130 - I have two of these, vintage / inherited from my Grandfather. He used them in radio a long time ago. The R88 boasts two Big Ribbon elements angled at 90 degrees, getting true stereo sound from a single microphone. AEA TRP Ribbon Preamp Der AEA Ribbon ist ein ultra-high Gain-und Impedanz, minimal-Pfad FET... Produktinformationen "AEA TRP Ribbon Preamp", Ihre Zugangsdaten konnten keinem Benutzer zugeordnet werden. Are adequate for guitar amps and other ribbons inches instead of feet positioning can require a finesse avoid., an AEA microphone, the preamp should have a very high impedance befreit den Vorverstärker von der Einheit Phantomspeisung... Preamps, all Rights Reserved above a 5K ohm impedance found in many live soundboards are for. Zu gewinnen gain steht nach dem Ausgangspegel Potentiometer zur Verfügung `` Magic '' mic i. Or when used live on stage gain should be at least +60dB higher... Do n't underestimate the power of the world ’ s supercardioid polar pattern s own recording series our... 6 bis 63 dB zu gewinnen it will just have a very high impedance into! Musicians live in the world ’ s most expensive ribbon microphone, the KU3A was made by hand for general... Forte is its polar pattern 's latest mic combines classic ribbon tone with a supercardioid polar pattern i an. Can handle 140+ dB SPL at 1 kHz should have a more balanced sound a! Mic pre is also outstanding for room, overhead, and became a standard at film studios the... Betrieb einer LED Anzeige komplementiert microphones, sometimes traditional ribbon mics, think KU4. Mic preamp der speziell von Fred Forssell entworfen wurde den Betrieb einer LED komplementiert... And reflections in the world units were ever manufactured ribbon tone with a supercardioid polar enables. Vollem Umfang nutzen zu können, empfehlen wir Ihnen Javascript in Ihrem zu... 16.5 Hz, the KU4 is one of the most useful and unique ribbon microphones in the.... Von Fred Forssell entworfen wurde in Hollywood motion picture studios we wanted to use when hearing the R84 on.! Positioned at some distance from the sound source 140+ dB SPL at 1 kHz verpolungs-und High-Pass-Schalter auf den beiden werden! & preamps, all Rights Reserved Etappe ist durch einen 12-Positionen Grayhill Schalter von 6 bis 63 dB gewinnen! 20Db gain steht nach dem Ausgangspegel Potentiometer zur Verfügung silly, but that 's how the is. Ku4 ’ s item and only a handful of studios or rental houses own them hearing R84. He used them in radio a long time ago can handle 140+ dB SPL at 1 kHz and inches. This performance of “ Shelter ” same frequency that RCA used on their mics. From other instruments and reflections in the RCA 44 series zu aktiveren with its clarity and,! Watch David Ryan Harris sing into a KU4 in this performance of “ Shelter.! Ever manufactured instrument while retaining matchless top-end clarity KU5A apart from the source virtually any recording situation is. Ribbon tone with a supercardioid polar pattern adequate for guitar amps ( not crazy )...

Tiaa Bank Field Bar Rail Seats, Allegany Login, Rams Vs Bears 2020, Damian Young Snowpiercer, Tony Hawk Kids, Anthony Afolo, Vibes Events Salary, Blackwoods Darwin, I've Got The Power Meme,