… We all talked about going to the Super Bowl. There were several captains that they called up to address the team while we were in training camp. I think the game for me that really kind of solidified everything — and I was actually hurt, I was in a boot, I had to have surgery — was the game that Dallas came here and we just destroyed them. And I think that game gave us a sense of, “Yeah, we are that good. But the three that we lost out of the five, we discovered, “Man, all we’ve got to do is score 10 points and we’re going to beat these teams,” that type of thing. btw the stat is that every game the Ravens scored a touchdown that season, they won a game, including a 39-36 game against Jacksonville, sorta reposted this comment from r/ravens. Once we stopped doing that, we maintained ball control, we did a little chess game with field position because Kyle [Richardson] was punting everybody inside the 20 and our defense was holding them to [no] yards. And especially the league that year — we were built to win and we matched up well against teams that we were going to have to play.Fullback Sam Gash. And the next day, in the team meeting, I presented the team with a minute-by-minute, practice-by-practice, week-by-week outline in detail of between then and going to the Super Bowl — playoff practices, meetings, time off all the way to the end. That’s a good feeling. We had watched enough tape on the Giants, no disrespect, but they didn’t know what they were getting themselves into. The whole season coming up to that point was a long season, as I was a young player. My attitude, when we played Denver, I had thought, “OK, if we lose to Denver, maybe you start getting ready.” My body was aching at that time. We were also a very close team. … Just the confidence when Coach Billick, when he knows that the offense is struggling, came into the defensive meeting and said, “Hey guys, as long as we can get you guys 10 to 13 points, we know we can win.” I think everyone just started believing that and we just kept it true to what it was. When the players saw that, that’s when, for them, it was, “Whoa, this is real.” They could look at it. Oh wow, we get some swag. “If we win the divisional round, we go to the AFC championship. We had been through so much. We’re playing Oakland. But the question is so much more significant than that. But I felt like just because we were on that winning streak, we didn’t want to give that up. Offense didn't need to score at all in that Superbowl. We just dominated. That was the year that we made him actually just stop wanting to go out and [run] the ball. When I got there in training camp. So, how DID the Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl XXXV? Second week of training camp I saw the leadership and veteran experience and the horsepower personnel-wise. Oh, snap.” Yes, that was my mindset. Everything was going our way. That’s when we kind of realized, “All right, we don’t have to worry about how many points we can score. Even among Super Bowl champions, this team was remarkable. If we can get a touchdown against them, that’s 17 points against anybody else’s defense.”. I can’t put it on any one game necessarily. Gosh, there’s a thing called the Black Hole and there are people over there with these funny uniforms on and they don’t even play. Twenty years later, members of the 2000 Ravens look back on the team’s first Super Bowl victory, how they stuck together and when they knew they had a shot to win it all. Like we’re in the playoffs, I thought that was awesome. It was just the Ravens and Ozzie [Newsome] doing a great job of doing that and the fact that Marvin put stats up. Probably toward the end of the season when before a game, we would usually go over game plans and stuff like that. You know how easy that could have been. We absolutely dominated them. I think we were ready to fight and battle for each other. I think at the beginning of the season because we had accumulate at putting these stats on the board. We were worried about what we were going to do when we get our interception. We knew of each other, but it was more like whenever I got to training camp and I saw how hard and how smart these guys were on the defensive side of the ball and then I knew the horses that we had on offense with Jamal [Lewis] and Priest [Holmes]. It wasn’t even close. It just wasn’t happening. I did because of the way we were playing and everything was just happening. I had just gotten cut from Buffalo after making the Pro Bowl two years in a row, so I was kind of in shock still. I remember at the end of the season, I kept saying, “The season’s over because the season’s over.” There wasn’t anybody else to play.

Royal Navy Pay Scales, New York Renaissance Faire Auditions, World Axe Throwing League Standings, Endometriosis Misdiagnosis, Irish Hereditary Knights, Endometriosis Flare Up Symptoms, First Supernova In Universe, Archeage Unchained Gameplay 2020,