This book review is part of series of reviews written by students at St. Margaret’s Episcopal School for their 7th grade English classes. It is … Nate Brown laid frozen on the field. that Nate Brown is paralyzed. Change ). REGGIE BROWN, 40, linebacker with Detroit, 1996-97, was temporarily paralyzed on 12/21/97 trying to tackle the NY Jets’ Adrian Murrell, but instead rammed his head into Lamont Burns, a Jets’ lineman, and crushed his neck. Does Reggie finally get to visit Nate? In the book Paralyzed, Nate Brown, tight end for Milbury High School poorly tackles star middle linebacker Reggie Scott from Lincoln High School when Reggie intercepts the ball. That then makes Reggie feel very guilty. ‘This is only going to work if you want help. He played college football at Texas A&M. Reginald Dwayne Brown is a former American football linebacker in the National Football League. Dr. McIntyre says some things that make Reggie realize whether he should be visiting Dr. McIntyre or not. ( Log Out /  Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. This really helps Reggie focus and decide on his goals. As time goes by, Reggie feels guilty about Nate’s injury and that really affects the way he plays football, and the way he is around his family. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. If you’re here just to satisfy somebody else, you might as well not waste your time or mine'” (69). Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Reggie tries to visit Nate when Nate’s mom sees him and stammers, “How do you think he’s doing?” The woman was shrieking now. Learn how your comment data is processed. He was drafted in the first round of the 1996 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions. Will Nate’s mother still be mad at Reggie for what happened? How the hell do you think he’s The injury nearly left him paralyzed, and it ended his professional football career. One of my favorite characters in this book is Dr. MacIntyre. In football, tackling a player leading with your head is very chancy, and he learned the consequence. I really do like Reggie’s perseverance because he keeps trying and trying to go see Nate. Jeff Rud, author of Paralyzed, is a writer of many different sports books. ( Log Out /  This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ( Log Out /  Nate Brown laid frozen on the field. I highly recommend. Nate Brown’s mother is an evil character in the book. Whether it be on the court, on the diamond, or out on the field everybody holds their breath and hopes that the injured player is okay. ( Log Out /  He was given mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and was unconscious when he was carried off the … In football, tackling a player leading with your head is very chancy, and he learned the consequence. He is a sport physiologist that Reggie goes to see to help him focus with football. I don’t know if you have ever played sports before, but I know that horrible feeling when you see somebody laying down on the ground injured. ‘But my coaches think I do, and my parents think I do, so I guess I do.’ ‘Well, Reggie,’ Dr. MacIntyre said. Overcoming guilt is one of the great themes and also the conflict in the book. Brown suffered a spinal cord contusion in the final game of the 1997 season. He is a very amenable and casual person and makes the reader feel like you want to be his friend. To answers these questions, you should read the book. Jeff Rud, author of Paralyzed, is a writer of many different sports books. It is later released doing?” (22-23). He lay motionless on the turf for 17 minutes, stopped breathing, and turned blue and purple. “This is the Intensive Care Unit. “‘Well, I don’t know if I actually need to be here or not,’ [Reggie] said, hedging a little. Will Nate be okay? In the book Paralyzed, Nate Brown, tight end for Milbury High School poorly tackles star middle linebacker Reggie Scott from Lincoln High School when Reggie intercepts the ball. That is also a great theme in this book.

Citroen Berlingo 2012 Dimensions, Gst Registration Limit For Services Fy 2019-20, Bichon Frise Philippines Price, Distortion Definition Music, If Only You Were Mine Tik Tok Song, Derrick Johnson Salary Naacp, Therma-tru Door Dealers Near Me, How To Thin Primer For Spray Gun, How To Build A 302 Boss Engine, Irish Sport Horse Average Price, Eladio Vuente Death,