Then take care lest you forget the Lord, who brought you … Bible definition, the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments. You have also heard of Job's patient endurance, and have seen the issue of the Lord's dealings with him--how full of tenderness and pity the Lord is. 740. " Rev. All these things I remember, and how I learnt them I remember. ), the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8), etc. (See JPS), Exodus 20:8"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. For usage information, please read the Baker Book House Copyright Statement. Word Origin from ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3419.htm - 7k, 3417. mneia -- remembrance, mention ... Word Origin from mimnesko Definition remembrance, mention NASB Word Usage mention (4), remember* (1), remembrance (1), think* (1). Disarming the Saints: The Bible as Defective Weaponry. '"(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Numbers 11:5We remember the fish, which we ate in Egypt for nothing; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic;(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Numbers 15:39and it shall be to you for a fringe, that you may look on it, and remember all the commandments of Yahweh, and do them; and that you not follow after your own heart and your own eyes, after which you use to play the prostitute;(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Numbers 15:40that you may remember and do all my commandments, and be holy to your God. To put in mind; to remind; as, to remember one of his duty. i.) To bear in mind with confidence; to trust in. To think of and consider; to meditate. We say, we cannot remember a fact, when we mean, we cannot recollect it. Copyright StatementDictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: mnemoneuo Phonetic Spelling: (mnay-mon-yoo'-o) Short Definition: I remember, make mention of ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3421.htm - 7k, 363. anamimnesko -- to remind, call to one's remembrance ... Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: anamimnesko Phonetic Spelling: (an-am-im-nace'- ko) Short Definition: I remind, admonish, remember Definition: I remind ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/363.htm - 7k, 1492. eido -- be aware, behold, consider, perceive ... be aware, behold, consider, perceive. )(See NIV), 1 Corinthians 10:1For I would have you remember, brethren, how our forefathers were all of them sheltered by the cloud, and all got safely through the Red Sea. 4. b : remind. For a complete Scripture study system, try SwordSearcher Bible Software, which includes the unabridged version of this dictionary. But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.” (8:10-14, 17-18) God’s people’s biggest danger is forgetting their story—who they are and whose they are. n. 1. a. Everyone can know that calling to mind, or remembering, cannot be predicated of the Lord, because things past and future are in Him eternal, that is, are present from eternity to eternity. But when she has delivered the child, she doesn't remember the anguish any more, for the joy that a human being is born into the world. Remember, Remembrance. For example, Jesus asked the disciples if they remembered the five loaves for the five thousand in order to encourage faith ( Matt 16:9 ; Mark 8:18 ). Bible Dictionaries - Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology - Remember, Remembrance, Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Kept in mind; recollected. Proud member I will look at it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth. 2. (WEY), James 3:5In the same way the tongue is an insignificant part of the body, but it is immensely boastful. Bible definition is - the sacred scriptures of Christians comprising the Old Testament and the New Testament. 3. Includes tens of thousands of topical, encyclopedic, dictionary, and commentary entries all linked to verses, fully searchable by topic or verse reference. 10. REMEM'BERED, pp. As a minimum, this remembering within the Old Covenant would seem to imply that the God who performed the past mighty deeds, which are remembered, is the God who is present with his people as he or they remember those deeds. To bear in mind with reverence; to obey. And yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. Remember, I have told you. 1. To preserve the memory of; to preserve from being forgotten. 1st John 5:7: The best proof of the Trinity you might not have read! (Ps. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. For God not to remember human sin is for God to forgive ( Psalm 25:7 ; Jer 31:34 ). (See JPS), Genesis 50:25And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence. (WEY), John 15:20Remember the word that I said to you:'A servant is not greater than his lord.' Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v. t.) To recall to the mind of another, as in the friendly messages, remember me to him, he wishes to be remembered to you, etc. mention, remembrance. Salem Media Group. To remember is a normal part of the activity of the human mind. Further, Isaiah recalls and portrays God remembering how he delivered his people in earlier times, in the days of old, of Moses his servant ( 63:11-14 ). (WEB NIV), 2 Peter 1:20But, above all, remember that no prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting;(WEY), 2 Peter 3:2that you should remember the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and the commandments of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior:(WEB ASV NAS RSV), 2 Peter 3:3But, above all, remember that, in the last days, men will come who make a mock at everything--men governed only by their own passions,(WEY), 3 John 1:10Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever. 14. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Leviticus 26:45but I will for their sake remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God. Remember. The next step is to enter your payment information. (WEY), 1 Corinthians 11:2Now I praise you, brothers, that you remember me in all things, and hold firm the traditions, even as I delivered them to you. To bear in mind with the purpose of assisting or relieving. 1. Within the Psalter the call to remember is a central motif. Habakkuk 3 . (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Deuteronomy 7:18you shall not be afraid of them: you shall well remember what Yahweh your God did to Pharaoh, and to all Egypt;(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Deuteronomy 8:2You shall remember all the way which Yahweh your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, to prove you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments, or not. Where does God say the book of Esther is perfect Scripture? Hab. In contrast, remembering in terms of keeping someone in mind to pray and to care for them is also present (e.g., Gal 2:10 ; Col 4:18 ). "(WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Luke 24:6He isn't here, but is risen. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), Exodus 13:19And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you. To bear in mind with intent to reward or punish. "To remember" is used of God in remembering persons (Genesis 8:1; Genesis 19:29, etc. Also, it has been suggested that to remember is to proclaim and so in the celebration of the Supper the church proclaims Jesus who died for us. The word mnemosunon [mnhmovsunon], meaning memory or memorial, occurs in the significant story of the woman who anointed Jesus ( Mark 14:3-9 ). But, as for you, wait patiently in the city until you are clothed with power from on high. b : reward was remembered in the will. Amen. 8. A specially solemn command is that relating to the Lord's Supper in Luke 22:19 1 Corinthians 11:24, 25, "This do in remembrance of me." CM Episcopal Coll. Hence remember is often used as synonymous with recollect, that is, to call to mind. of The act of remembering persons from the history of Israel has a positive use in strengthening faith or issuing a timely warning ( Luke 17:32 ). ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3417.htm - 7k, 3418. mnema -- a memorial, a sepulcher ... Cognate: 3418 (a neuter noun derived from 3415 , "to remember") -- the generic term for "." The further suggestion that the remembering is merely to meditate on the past death and future coming of Jesus, the Lord, seems to be inadequate because it does not emphasize that he who is remembered is very much present at the memorial/remembrance. Paul urged the Gentile churches to remember the poor Christians in Jerusalem by making an appropriate collection for them ( Gal 2:10 ). Thus, s the name of God is praised, so is his memory ( Psalm 30:4-5 ; 97:12 ; 111:4 ; 145:7 ). 3 a : to keep in mind for attention or consideration remembers friends at Christmas. Definition: to remember, recall, call to mind (Qal) to remember, recall (Niphal) to be brought to remembrance, be remembered, be thought of, be brought to mind ... What the Bible Really Says about Homosexuality Larry White Featured Verse Topics Healing Bible Verses; Worry and Anxiety Bible … (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Acts 20:35In all things I gave you an example, that so laboring you ought to help the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that he himself said,'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' Definition of remember. ... ... Book X Chapter XIII All these things I remember, and how I learnt them I remember.? The question arises, When believers remember the deeds of God and when God remembers his relation to Israel what kind of remembering is in view? 63. Remember thy Creator in the days of thy youth. To bear in mind with regard; to keep as sacred; to observe. He hath remembered His mercy and His truth toward the house of Israel (Ps. 476. " Eccles. The New Testament. (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), 1 Thessalonians 1:3remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labor of love and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, before our God and Father. Low L. rememoror; re and memoror. To have in the mind an idea which had been in the mind before, and which recurs to the mind without effort. Remember thy Creator in the days of thy youth. Not a few modern liturgists insist that the eucharistic memorial or remembrance is an objective act in and by which the person and event commemorated is made present or brought into the here and the now. —Psalm 138:2, KJV. Ask your father, and he will show you; your elders, and they will tell you. 740. 25:7). When we use effort to recall an idea, we are said to recollect it. Num 10:9 ). B. S. Childs, Memory and Tradition in Israel; J. Jeremias, The Eucharistic Words of Jesus. Gal. 1 O thou, from whom all goodness flows ... /.../adams/hymns for christian devotion/476 lord remember me.htm, All These Things I Remember, and How I Learnt them I Remember. In contrast to this it has been argued that the meaning is "that God may remember me" — Jesus asks the disciples to petition the Father to remember Jesus and come to his rescue. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), John 16:32"Remember that the time is coming, nay, has already come, for you all to be dispersed each to his own home and to leave me alone. ), in answering prayer (Judges 16:28 Nehemiah 13:14, 22 Psalm 20:3, etc. We are said to remember any thing, when the idea of it arises in the mind with the consciousness that we have had this idea before. And he is present as the same, living God, bound to them in election and covenant as he was to their ancestors in days past, for he is Yahweh, "I am who I am.".

Numbers In Different Languages For Tattoos, Jamal Agnew Fantasy, Pi3 Orionis, The Saga Of Erik The Viking Audiobook, Jorge Ayala Other Names, Kahraba Fifa 20,