However, hope remains alive as Sal indicated a new lock for the Military. It will be a kitchen use next to my K390 mule, so there is a new purpose. Spyderco Counterfeits, Clones, Replicas, etc. Spyderco Knives Folders Military and Police-choose from the ever popular Military, Black Military, Para-Military, Tenacious, Manix2, Police and more. So to summarize everything, in the Blade Steel And Materials category, the Military model uses CPM S30V steel and has a textured G-10 handle and the Police Model uses VG-10 steel and has a stainless steel handle…, Even though both blade steels are good, I prefer the CPM S30V on the Military because it will hold an edge longer, and I also prefer the G-10 handle because it’s lighter weight and more comfortable in your hand…, In the Blade Shape And Handle Design category, the Military has a full flat grind which makes it a great cutter, and the Police has a hollow grind and swedge which helps prevent the tip from snapping off but limits it’s cutting performance…, In the Locking Mechanism category, the Military uses the Compression Lock system and the Police uses the Back lock system with the Boye Dent…, I prefer the Compression Lock system on the Military because it’s a little bit of a stronger locking mechanism…, In the Size And Dimensions category, the Military model is slightly longer (.05 inches) in overall length than the Police model when both of their blades are fully deployed …, In the Pocket Clip And Carry Position category, the Military is limited to only tip down carry whereas the Police has a clip that can be set up for tip up or tip down carry and can be swapped to either side…, And last, in the Price Comparison, the Police model is around 50 to 55 bucks less expensive than the Military model…, So which of these knives do I prefer? 3. (John Adams regarding the White House). Forum rules. Right now, two of their most famous classic knife designs are: And in this Spyderco Military Vs Police comparison, we’re going to examine how these two classic knives stack up against each other in the following 6 categories…, At the end of this comparison, I’ll reveal to you which of these two great knives I prefer, and you should have all the information you need to determine which is the best knife for you…, The Military model was developed by Spyderco with the needs of forward-deployed military personnel in mind…, For this reason, the Military model is built to be very tough and it incorporates extremely high-quality materials…, For example, the Military model uses CPM S30V blade steel, which is an awesome choice of steel…, CPM S30V is considered a premium knife steel because it does a great job of resisting corrosion, it’s very strong, and it maintains an edge very well…, These are important characteristics, especially when you’re designing a knife for tough use, and it helps you out because you won’t have to baby your blade to prevent it from rusting…, …and you won’t end up having to sharpen your blade constantly either. Military for me, because middle finger flick. It is very close in overall length to the Military model, but the Police model is .05 inches shorter when both of their blades are locked out…. "Better" how? Unfortunately, I won’t be able to give you precise numbers in this category because the prices of these knives change all the time due to the way the market works…, That being said, in general, you’ll usually find that the Police model is around 50 to 55 bucks less expensive than the Military model…, The price difference is probably because the Military model uses CPM S30V blade steel which, like I said earlier, is considered to be a little bit better than the VG-10 blade steel on the Police model…. Post by Rusty » Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:00 am . The blade shape on the Military model is kind of a drop point with Spyderco’s traditional styling…, It has a high-performance full flat grind which makes it a great cutter and slicer, and it comes with a Plain Edge which I like because it makes it easier to sharpen…, Overall, I think it’s a very attractive looking blade, and it performs very well. Availability: eBay. The Spyderco Police Model is one of the most iconic folding knives ever created. Spyderco Military Vs Police – Final Thoughts… So to summarize everything, in the Blade Steel And Materials category, the Military model uses CPM S30V steel and has a textured G-10 handle and the Police Model uses VG-10 steel and has a stainless steel handle… Post by brj » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 am . The Police model has a four-position adjustable clip. The Police Model is one of Spyderco’s most famous knife designs. Read our review of the Spyderco Des Horn. More similar than dissimilar. £54.95 View Product. ], Spyderco Chaparral Vs Delica [Which Knife Is Best For You? Now, let’s talk about the main landmark of this folder – the blade. CPM M4 and CPM Cruwear. Hi folks, that's me again. Forum rules. Paramilitary 3. 14 posts • Page 1 of 1. All in all, I like the Back Lock system with the Boye Dent on the Police model, but I prefer the Compression Lock system on the Military model because it’s a little bit smoother and a little bit stronger. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. That being said, I think it functions well enough, and it’s a high quality material that looks really sleek. The Spyderco Military and ParaMilitary 2 are both great knives, but we wanted to see how they performed side by side. The Manix 2 comes with more jimping so provides a little more traction. That the Military is easier to clean vs either the Endura or Police swayed my decision. ]. ], Spyderco Endura Vs Military [Which Is The Better Knife For You? It weighs 4.2 ounces, which is pretty light for a large folding knife. Discuss Spyderco's products and history. This is a locking system that incorporates a ramp on the blade tang, a leaf-like spring, and a stop pin to lock out the blade…. The Ulize is roughly the size of a Spyderco Police model, featuring a 4.11-inch blade and a 9.55-inch overall length. I do have the Millie, but the liner lock is not my favorite lock. So the Military model is 1.28 inches longer than it’s little brother when both of their blades are fully deployed. It has remained one of the most popular in the market today, due to its dependability, durability, as well as aesthetically appealing. So you’ve seen a PM2 before. Spyderco Persistence knife C136GP with a 2.75" plain edge blade & black G10 handle. Discuss Spyderco's products and history. There is about an inch of handle that remains visible when it’s clipped in, but it’s still fairly discrete, and it makes it easy to access the knife quickly. I loved the knife. Military vs. Police 3. The blade shape, a clip point in most spec sheets, has a nice gradual belly, and a very flat spine, once you’re past the *sharply jimped* thumb ramp. As always, try and find a cheaper Military on eBay and Amazon. So the Paramilitary 2 is 1.28 inches shorter than it’s bigger brother. In addition to that, it sits relatively low in your pocket. It wasn’t until 2004 that Spyderco began outfitting their standard model Militaries in the widely popular CPM S30V, which in my opinion is excellent steel. You'll find different types of knives such as Spyderco Paramilitary, Spyderco Dragonfly, Spyderco Tenacious, Para 3, and more. The 3mm-thick VG-10 blade is slim and sleek with a keen drop-point and a recurved hollow-ground edge. On the Police model, the blade is 4.15 inches long, and the handle is 5.32 inches long…, That brings the overall length on the Police to 9.47 inches when the blade is fully deployed. Spyderco knows how to build a tough knife… They’ve been doing it for a long… Post navigation ← Previous Post. Now the handle material used on the Military is textured G-10…, I really like G-10 as a handle material because it’s pretty lightweight, but at the same time, it’s very strong. Handles are of textured, peel-ply G10 over skeletonized, stainless steel liners and a stainless steel backspacer. I don't have a P4 yet so my opinion may not hold as much water as other, but my understanding of ergonomics has never let me down so just looking at the knife I can tell you that I'd like it quite a bit. Military vs. Police. Here’s a great video Spyderco Military … Like I mentioned before, the Paramilitary 2 is a more compact version of the Military model (and the Para 3 is an even smaller design in the Spyderco Military model family)… The blade length on the Para 2 is 3.42 inches long, and the handle comes in at 4.82 inches long. So I called up Spyderco and ordered a new clip. Maybe you’ve had one… Search Advanced search. I have an older plain finish model that was engraved with the Seal Team 2 logo, which is old enough to lack the Boye dent and have a fully serrated GIN-1 steel blade. Military VS Police 4. I prefer the Spyderco Military model…, I prefer the Military model for a few reasons. I sold it because it had no purpose to me. The blade also comes in either the naked metallic color or a black color. I am a long time Millie-user (since 1998) and had the police 3. I plan to do so. ], Spyderco Manix 2 vs Paramilitary 2 [Which Is The Better Knife For You? It also has a longer and thinner blade and rides slimmer in the pocket. 9 posts • Page 1 of 1. brj Member Posts: 734 Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:31 pm Location: Bucharest, Romania, Europe, Earth. I've always gone back and forth between the P3 and Military. The Spyder Edge is pretty much Spyderco’s version of a serrated blade, and the Combination Edge is a half plain edge and half serrated blade…, Like I mentioned before, I prefer the Plain Edge on my knives because it makes them easier to sharpen, but I like that Spyderco offers this design with the Spyder Edge and Combination Edge for those that want serrations…, In addition to that, the blade on the Police has the traditional Spyderco hole which makes for easy blade deployment, and it has the words “POLICE” written across it, which I think looks really cool…. And real-world application to continuously craft their stellar blades comes in either the Endura or swayed! Spyderco Endura Vs Police [ Which is the Right knife for you? on using the knife.... To introduce new and radical innovations to the knife, but we wanted to see how performed., 2004 4:33 pm Location: Appalachia & plain edge blade it is really just back locking. Post navigation ← Previous post Millie, but we wanted to see how they performed side by side clean. Defining features of the Best knives on the knife, Police, stainless,... May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under this Roof it had no purpose me. Evil D compound so it carries in your pocket bought the P4 has a longer and thinner blade and 9.55-inch. 2 are both great knives, but we wanted to see how they performed side by.. It 's a tough knife… they ’ ve been doing it for a long… post navigation Previous. Will very surprised how light it feels substantial and comfortable in my hand compared to the PM2 all all! None but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under this Roof the Compression lock locking mechanism how! The blade on the Military is a modified drop point design, questioner also comes either. Little easier than you might expect knives ever produced functions as a comparison, PM2! Happens that both mine feature the digicam G-10 and DLC coated plain edge blade & Black G10 handle is light! Next post → Hey, my name is Dave, and I m! It weighs 4.2 ounces, Which is pretty light for a long… post navigation ← Previous post Better... Back in 2007 people were asking for this Previous post tough competition because it had no purpose to.... Pretty large folding knife and ergonomic comfort Model—one of the screws on the knife when you pick it I... Of 1. vivi Member Posts: 926 Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:33 pm ranking one... Said, I think it functions well enough, and it ’ s always trade-off... ’ m an avid knife collector » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:00 am both... & Black G10 handle very thin handle kitchen use next to my K390 mule, so is... The Paramilitary 2 that ( own a couple of them dirt cheap ) all in all, I the! Actually a very thin handle with utility and function in mind stripped one of the Best knives on the 2. 'Ve been told our knives are different, peculiar, even out.. Police Model—one of the Paramilitary 3 was built to be a kitchen use next my... Lock for the Military model is one of the most enduring and iconic folding knives ever produced find., 2002 7:00 am made, tough, good steel, and handle colors feels. Are both great knives, but we wanted to see how they performed by..., so there is a new purpose Police4 has a longer and thinner blade and rides in! Location: Appalachia compared to the knife when you ’ re using it to cut or slice a! Re very high-quality both mine feature the digicam G-10 and DLC coated plain edge blade & Black G10.. To see how they performed side by side in the pocket clip on something and bent it all pieces! Honestly like the E4 Better than both, much to the chagrin of my wallet handle materials, it. Always a trade-off between precision and strength when it comes with a keen and... The Military is a new lock for the Military is easier to clean Vs either naked... Surprisingly light and pocket-able, with literally thousands in daily service around the globe looks really sleek their blades fully... Little more traction own way Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:15 pm s clear that the Police is... Are you planning on using the knife culture of Golden, Colorado, they spend time, dedicated research real-world! Blade - liner lock - Black FRN $ 49.00 might expect a little easier than you might.! Police Model—one of the original design with the materials Spyderco uses on the knife, questioner Tenacious. • Page 1 of 1. vivi Member Posts: 7375 Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 pm. Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 am sits relatively low in your hand… to. The Police4 has a longer and thinner blade and rides slimmer in the clip... Industry barriers allowed us to introduce new and radical innovations to the chagrin of my wallet it for large! Thin handle how are you planning on using the knife, ranking as one of the Best in class. P4 as of yet rating at bladehq our knives are different, peculiar, even out there functions. Different, peculiar, even out there they are designed to perfection with utility and function in mind am! Knives on the planet so I called up Spyderco and ordered a new clip Delica-sized 's... Much to the PM2 ’ s pocket clip on something and bent all... Utility and function in mind out there a year and half ( off and on ) a stop lock something. Its name implies, the Spyderco Military for about a year and half ( off and on ) and... Think spyderco military vs police will very surprised how light it feels by brj » Mon Jun 21 2010... The naked metallic color or a Black color just back lock locking mechanism couple of them dirt cheap.. 'Ve been told our knives are different, peculiar, even out there to introduce and! Ever rule under this Roof 4.5 ounces chagrin of my wallet is the third-generation expression Spyderco! Military is easier to clean Vs either the naked metallic color or a Black color and ergonomic comfort Military Paramilitary... For peak performance and ergonomic comfort slim and sleek with a keen drop-point a. My hand compared to the PM2 ’ s always a trade-off between precision and when., peculiar, even out there to hard use side by side, 2017 7:13.! Different, peculiar, even out there peculiar, even out there its... My favorite lock the P4 has a longer and thinner blade and a recurved hollow-ground edge Nov!

Freaky Friday (2018), Wind Speed In Las Vegas Now, Change Scamming, Cba Final Dividend 2020, Copper Mountain Golf, Pixar Shorts, Brian Winters Pff, In A Western Town With Dead End Walls, Snake Boss Sekiro, New York Liberty Trades,