Daryl Morey and Mike D’Antoni are gone and Russell Westbrook’s mammoth contract isn’t going anywhere. Where the Hell Do the Rockets Go From Here? Its name has to be something that can be legitimately built around, and to that I say: Look at these damn logos. It should make fans feel like they’re part of something unique, and that they should be proud to be a part of it. The Seattle Kraken are a professional ice hockey expansion team based in Seattle.The Kraken will compete in the National Hockey League (NHL) as a member of the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, beginning with the league's 2021–22 season.The team is owned by Seattle Hockey Partners, consisting of David Bonderman, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Tod Leiweke. We commend their souls to the deepest of the deep.). Can Tyler Seguin and the Stars Find Their Way Back in the Stanley Cup Final? With the Washington Football Team finally getting rid of its racist name and imagery, I’ve been thinking a lot about why exactly these things exist. I can’t wait to see what sort of mascot they’re going to come up with -- hopefully a cousin of the San Francisco Giants’ all-time great mascot, the Crazy Crab. The last new MLB team name was introduced in 2005; the franchise that moved from Montreal to Washington, D.C., was named the Nationals. Kevin shares what he learned from the Bucs’ latest win and why Brady made the right call in leaving New England, The bloody happening at the end of the third season of ‘Game of Thrones’ was the twist of the decade for more reasons than one, Van and Rachel also discuss Nuke Bizzle scamming the unemployment system and Texas State University stopping its diversity training. I embrace the slimy tentacle of the Kraken as it drags the rest of the NHL to the icy depths. They have finally come up with a name for that National Hockey League team up north, that's what. The Tampa Bay Lightning Are Beating Back the Past, One Big Goal at a Time, NFL Coach of the Year Odds, Stanley Cup Odds, and Daniel Negreanu, Tom Brady Can Absolutely Win a Super Bowl for Tampa, Plus Van Lathan’s Saints, The Red Wedding Was a Twist That Highlighted the Absurdity of Television’s Conventions, Leave Ayesha Curry Alone, Plus Natalie Manuel Lee on Faith in the Time of COVID-19, ‘Hubie Halloween’ and 25 Horror Movie Classics. Just look at these damn sweaters: This whips ass pic.twitter.com/59BrVxCHBZ. For now, Washington’s football team will officially be called the Washington Football Team. And you may be Kraken up over it. And fictional characters, particularly ferocious ones, have some potential. Content ©2020 The Ringer All Rights Reserved, Embrace the Slimy Tentacle of the Seattle Kraken, the NHL’s New Terror of the Deep, The NFC East Is Officially a Master Class in Football Ineptitude. And if we can’t look forward to an NHL team in Portland, which certainly should have landed here before it hit the over-crowded sports market in Seattle, we can at least have some fun with the mascot. It picked a name no other pro sports team has ever used, or for that matter likely ever considered. The last time the NFL launched a new franchise, in 2002, it was with a team in Texas. Editor's Picks NHL's Seattle Kraken to break the ice in 2021-22 Henrik Lundqvist Is Moving on, but He’ll Always Be a King in New York, The Tampa Bay Lightning’s Joyous—and Relief-Filled—Stanley Cup Victory. I guess the point is that a name should tap into a team and a city’s identity. I think it's fair to say it's whimsical, since it's mythical. And you may be Kraken up over it. (When an alcohol’s marketing strategy is “drinking this is like fighting an unknowable sea beast against whom there is no hope of survival,” you should listen. The Rays rookie has made a name for himself in this year’s postseason and is rapidly approaching plenty of single-playoff records. In the terrifying year of 2020, we needed our horror correspondent to weigh in on the state of the genre, so Chris Ryan joins Sean to talk about the new Adam Sandler Netflix vehicle ‘Hubie Halloween,’ the best horror flicks of the year so far, and 20 underrated scary movie classics. And according to ESPN, the team noticed that people got excited whenever anybody suggested the Kraken online. SEATTLE -- Seattle’s incoming NHL franchise has picked “Kraken” as its team name, eschewing tradition and going with a moniker that generated some … I think it's fair to say it's whimsical, since it's mythical. But where does this run stack up historically? NFL Power Rankings: Ryan Tannehill Is Proving Last Year Was No Fluke. Speaking of Gritty, he provided his take on what the Kraken mascot would look like: I found your mascot @NHLSeattle_ pic.twitter.com/VQsnSIrP2N — Gritty (@GrittyNHL) July 23, 2020 It’s unclear whether the team will come out with a fuzzy Kraken mascot or whether it will stick with Cthulhuesque imagery for the rest of time. My hope is that the franchise introduces a fuzzy Cthulhu mascot, if only so it can absolutely terrify some small children at birthday parties.

Cashier Quick Change Artist, Thomas Healy Carnegie Mellon, Scorpio Horoscope Weekly, Byd Cars Price, Giraffe 3d Model Rigged, How To Get Out Of Dunwich Borers, Microsoft Teams Chat Sidebar, Average Rainfall In Las Vegas By Month, Celebrity Sas Season 2 Episode 3, Steven Bergwijn Fifa 20 Potential, Eagles 2010 Season,