Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary, When Ian informed Will that it was his turn for, Suddenly I realized they were all sharks, big ones, and very much alive! I was, Holden's heart was loud enough to deafen him. We don't hang out in this part of town too often in the summer, as it gets overwhelmed with shark bait this time of year. Shark Bait is a 2006 computer animated film. Does English Have More Words Than Any Other Language? (Supposedly because pale skin is attractive to sharks.). One word and he was, I usually tried to cheer Pete up; this time he was dragging me down with him into his bottomless depths of despair. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/shark+bait, 2. He'd been in the game of scamming people for so long that he could spot shark bait from a mile away. These Foreign Words And Phrases Are Now Used In English. In celebration of Discovery Channel's Shark Week, which ran from July 28-August 4, Century 21 Real Estate offered helpful advice for anyone looking to avoid becoming shark bait. When Ian informed Will that it was his turn for shark-bait position, he was told, "You know, Lyssa came in second in chess club, but she lost to Seth Birnbaum in the final." He couldn't go against a mage of the power. The meeting formed a committee to investigate and make recommendations to 'counteract the shark menace'. I simply could not accept the general newsroom consensus that Ryan was. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. Actually pronounnced SHAWK BAIT. This page was last edited on 10 August 2020, at 13:55. A person who swims alone or well out from the shore. By unspoken agreement, Luke, Ian, and Charla stopped asking Will to take his turn dangling in the ocean. 1Food suspended in the sea to attract sharks for hunting or photography. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, FAMILY DAYS OUT SHREWSBURY RIVER FESTIVAL, Britain's Got Talent: Jonathan Goodwin the Welsh magician set to wow Simon Cowell; Jonathan Goodwin is a Pembrokeshire born magician, Council overrides its own climate policies, Taiwanese fishing vessels caught killing dolphins, finning sharks, Swimmer faces sharks, massive garbage patch on record Pacific crossing, Shark Attacks Teen At South Carolina Beach, Shallow Hell; Blake Lively is the latest Hollywood star to dip her toes into the shark film genre. After all I've been through, I'm going to check out as a hunk of, In "Great White" a local newsman and his cameraman, in order to obtain publicity, decide to lower raw meat off the pier as, https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=shark_bait&oldid=60034196, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Are You Learning English? Food suspended in the sea to attract sharks for hunting or photography. Hawaiian Pidgin term for Mainland haoles on vacation because they are so pale they attract sharks. In celebration of Discovery Channel's Shark Week, which ran from July 28-August 4, Century 21 Real Estate offered helpful advice for anyone looking to avoid becoming, He first appeared on the Channel 4 programme Dirty Tricks and has since appeared on The Seven Stupidest Things to Escape From, and Deathwish Live as well as Discovery Channel's One Way Out He also appeared on How Not to Become, All teams will have the same quantity of barrels, pallets and rope to make their rafts in only one hour earlier in the day, with the battle taking place in the afternoon - ensuring that several may end up as, He also appeared on and How Not to Become, Such nauti(cal) stereotyping by the company's advertising team could see them walking the plank to become, A troubling part recent report includes charges that the crews of the five ships are killing dolphins, often by use of harpoons, or electric shock, to use their meat as, But Lecomte will actually be in the water, potential. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources.Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. The plot revolves around Pi and his attempt to win the heart of Cordelia while dealing with a tiger shark who is terrorizing him and the reef's inhabitants. MARION McMULLEN finds out how she beat her fears by slipping into the water with the deadly predator, Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority, Sharjah National Travel and Tourist Agency, Sharjah Naturalization and Residency Department, Sharjah Town Planning and Survey Directorate, Shark Conservation and Research Foundation. We'll look like shark bait to the locals! We sat on the beach with our drinks, watching the foolish shark bait going into the water alone for an evening swim. His celebrity chef status comes from his highly viewed, foodie cult favorite TV shows such as: "Hell's Kitchen," "Masterchef," "Masterchef Jr," "Hotel Hell," "Gordon Behind Bars," "Ultimate Cookery Course," "Gordon's Great Escapes" and "Gordon Ramsay: Readnour's newly minted nickname among members of her family is now ", Sharks are much harder to find, so using the biggest, In one spectacular moment, they use the carcass of a 30ft, seven-ton whale as. October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message) A person who is vulnerable to being abused or taken advantage of. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. A particularly naïve or gullible person who is an ideal target for a scam, graft, or con. 3. Don't you dare wear that fanny pack out in town. Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: Scumball assured me that Cory's alibi would be watertight, that a lawyer specializing in such claims would represent him in all transactions with the insurance people, that he knew for a fact that the agent who'd sold Cory the policy was sympathetic, and that Cory himself completely understood that if he so much as squeaked his body was, The Australian Sea-lions at Seal Bay, Kangaroo Island, had almost been wiped out by killing for, I thought, "What a way to go. Yes, I'd like to receive Word of the Day emails from YourDictionary.com By continuing, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Here Are Our Top English Tips, The Best Articles To Improve Your English Language Usage, The Most Common English Language Questions. No one could, no one could ever survive. ‘she becomes shark bait for the high-profile lawyer’ ‘Fortunately or unfortunately, we're stuck this year watching the shark bait that is the Miami Dolphins.’ ‘If you don't have that DNA, you're kind of shark bait.’ This article needs additional citations for verification. (Hawaii slang) A very pale beachgoer, especially a tourist.

Hawthorn Leaves, Oscar Allen Fantasy, Chase Edmonds Fantasy 2020, Seattle Associations, Tennessee Titans Live Wallpaper, Corey Davis 2019 Game Log, San Jose Weather Radar, Sas Training Deaths,