This video demonstrates how to get out of the body triangle when your opponent has your back either in BJJ or MMA. Can you detail how that originated and how you developed the position? (function(e,a){ “…in that environment we trained like animals…but technical animals because Renzo was always making sure that the technique was there.” There are so many options to work for off of the Williams Guard and you can always use it as a transition to other kinds of guards. Escaping the actual body triangle is relatively easy. Shawn Williams. I wanted to be a part of it so I moved from Indiana to New York.”, Can you describe what it was like to learn jiu-jitsu in an environment with so many high level guys? Along with Ricardo De la Riva, Shawn Williams is one of the only two people to have a famous guard named after them. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. • 16 KO/TKO Your email address will not be published. If you have an armpit, you have a darce as Joel Bouhey shows you innovative ways to lock in this submission. Shawn has developed many friendships in the martial arts community. Coming up through the ranks at Renzo Gracie’s with monsters of the sport such as Danaher, Matt Serra, and Ricardo Almeida help mold Williams into a very knowledgeable and technical grappler. var s = document.createElement("script"); Shawn Williams is considered one of the top instructors in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and martial arts community due to his very detailed and thorough instruction style and depth of knowledge in BJJ, grappling, and the striking arts. Competition Tips To Help You Win Before You Step On The Mat, The Fundamental Difference Between Being an Adult World Champion Versus Being a Master’s World Champion, How To Tell If That Video Is A Bullsh*t Technique, Reader Question: I Think I Overtrain And Wonder If I Would Benefit From Skipping A Class Or Two, MMA Fighter’s Touching Post Fight Moment Caught On Camera, The Importance Of Fight Simulation Training Within The Jiu-Jitsu Journey. Lineage: Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie > Helio Gracie > Carlos Gracie Jr > Renzo Gracie > Shawn Williams, Weight Division: Peso Leve (Lightweight) 76kg-167lbs. Some of Shawn’s accomplishments on the mats include: 2x Pan American Bronze Medallist (2000 blue belt, 2003 black belt), NAGA 8 Man Invitational Tournament Champion. • Shawn Williams/Team Renzo Gracie • BJJ Brown belt • 5 time national grappling champion • Multiple time KO of the night award • MFC Welterweight champion • Gold Canadian champion. He was also head grappling coach for team GSP on the 12th season of the Ultimate Fighter. Click below to get more information on how to bring Shawn on to your team. var MahaAjax = {"ajaxurl":"https:\/\/www.bjjheroes.com\/wp-admin\/admin-ajax.php"}; Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on Chris Haueter On Blind Loyalty in BJJ: ‘It’s Weird that Adult Men Pay Other Adult Men to Control Them’, Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on Learn To Strike Effectively with Tim Kennedy & Xande Ribeiro, Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on The Best Back Escape For BJJ White Belts, Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on Muay Thai Champ Competes In BJJ After 6 Months Training, Submits Judo Black Belt National Team Member, Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on Internet Blasts BJJ Competitor for Swastika Tattoo; Instructor Responds, Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on ‘Who Can Take Roberto Cyborg Down’ Challenge, Oct 15, 2020BJJEEComments Off on The Most Dangerous Throw in All of Judo and BJJ, Oct 14, 2020BJJEEComments Off on Theo Von (Garry Tonon) Has a Wicked Transition from Back To Guillotine, Oct 14, 2020James JaymeComments Off on How to Recover from Ankle Injuries in BJJ. Shawn Williams is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt under Renzo Gracie, being one of the most talented competitors of his generation in the US. Whether it’s in MMA or BJJ, the figure 4 body triangle is an exceptional […] Renzo’s style was much more “well rounded” and aggressive then his cousin’s and it was after witnessing this that Shawn decided to seek instruction on the subject. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 201427410226. The Willimas guard actually has roots that date back to 1999when Shawn first came up … Yes Keenan has innovated many guards in his time, but there is no Keenan guard yet. Shawn Williams was born in Bluffton, Indiana April 7th 1975. He also picked up Karate at some point after seeing the action stars of the day like Bruce Lee and JCVD. The long awaited Williams guard instructional is finally here! Seeing Royce effortlessly dispose of his opponents, including a Karate practitioner like Shawn, intrigued him, but it wasn’t until a couple years later when he saw Renzo Gracie competing that he was sold on the effectiveness of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Shawn was already involved with martial arts, namely Karate, and had been a fan of most action heroes growing up (Bruce Lee, Sho Kosugi, and Jean-Claude Van Damme) though this style was something different and intriguing, he kept it in the back of his mind as he wasn’t completely sold to the Brazilian martial art. I was very impressed. He is very humble, down-to-earth, and his technical prowess is clearly translated into each of his students. Though frustrated he wasn’t ready to give up on the position. I’ll be sharing regular content on this site that I believe to be insightful and helpful ranging from Jiu Jitsu, MMA and Grappling to what I’ve learned to be valuable (and funny) as a father. Of course, the more efficient the attacker’s back control and legwork methods are, one might find himself/herself in several other dangerous situations. /* */, F2W 154 Results, Thor Submits Ribamar And Makes A Statement In The Middleweight Division, 2x Pan American Bronze Medallist (2000 blue belt, 2003 black belt).

What Does A Non Venomous Snake Bite Look Like, Loyalist College Login, Resurrection Admission, Dylan Baker Owen, Philly Merchandise, Pisces Personality Female, Vikings Vs Bills History, Chris Cole Zero,